Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 06-27-2013, 10:27 PM
phlydude
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vincent View Post
Just have him transfer it as a pistol. If the manufacturer already transferred it as a rifle you are screwed.
If it is transferred as "other" you can do either with it. Just once you build it, legally, you cannot put a short barrel on it and then put it in a rifle stock.
Once you rifle stock it, you must put a 16" barrel or longer on it or then it becomes an illegal SBR.
Old 06-28-2013, 08:32 AM
thecelt

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
man, i wish i didnt miss out on this one... that is a very good price.
Old 06-29-2013, 01:47 PM
azscooby

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
When I was building my last two rifles I was looking at different options and found the TM website. They were sold out but I was very impressed with the reviews and the price was great, even at $129.

I called TM and actually got the owner! He was extremely nice and exactly what I expect out of a BUSINESS owner who wants to sell his product (biggest pet peeve is business owners who treat people like dirt, seriously? I'll take my money elsewhere.)
He told me he was back ordered 20,000 AR receivers and had no ETA on 10/22 production but encouraged me to check back regularly.

I hope to hear good things about these. I honestly believe there is no reason to even consider a Ruger receiver for a quality build, it's an oxymoron. $250 for a Ruger receiver that you end up only using the receiver and maybe trigger housing?

I did the math and started with a Kidd receiver for one and an X-Ring (TS) for the other and that was when I was convinced that Ruger receivers are really disappointing

If this TM receiver turns out to be as good as others have reviewed it should become the standard issue budget build, don't even use any Ruger parts.

Good luck guys! I wish I could have snagged one of these, though I'm happy with mine!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-29-2013, 05:14 PM
bsmith918

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I bought 2 early last year and turned one into an SBR. I added an integrally suppressed barrel, VQ trigger (picked it up for under $100), and AGP stock to the build and love it. The receiver is very well built and nicely finished. I used the second on a rimfire action build with a fluted sporter GM barrel, KIDD trigger group, and hogue stock. I was so happy with the receivers that I bought 2 more during this sale.

Old 06-30-2013, 02:13 AM
National Guard Veteran

TPC Rating: 
100% (43)
I got shipping confirmation Friday on mine.
Old 06-30-2013, 07:04 AM
outlinkk
UotM

TPC Rating: 
100% (47)
Quote:
Originally Posted by nodak View Post
I got shipping confirmation Friday on mine.
Nice .....mine still shows as "processing"

if our initial posts here are any indication,my order went in approx the same time as yours......hopefully,Monday will bring my "shipped" confirmation
Old 06-30-2013, 12:47 PM
WabbitShooter

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
I got three, going to build one for me and the other two for my nephews who I took shooting for the first time last month. They loved it, now decisions to make, stock, barrel, trigger....... At least I have until Christmas.
Old 06-30-2013, 01:12 PM
arcojet
US Army Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
Quote:
Originally Posted by outlinkk View Post
Nice .....mine still shows as "processing"

if our initial posts here are any indication,my order went in approx the same time as yours......hopefully,Monday will bring my "shipped" confirmation
I called on Wed. afternoon to make sure they received my FFL fax and they said, yes, 1 of 42 before their fax machine quit working. (I faxed it first thing Wed. morning)Got my shipped notification late Friday.

Last edited by arcojet; 06-30-2013 at 01:14 PM.
Old 07-01-2013, 11:25 AM
outlinkk
UotM

TPC Rating: 
100% (47)
Update: just got my notice of shipment created.....Cool
Old 07-01-2013, 01:41 PM
phlydude
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
You guys posting about your shipments, it might be helpful to post when you ordered and when you had your FFL details sent over
Old 07-01-2013, 02:01 PM
Chard
US Air Force Disabled American Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
100% (4)
I ordered last Wednesday. No notification yet. Called Friday and was told everything they needed was there. Today they tell "no FFL". I email another copy. I am told it will go out today. CC charged last Wednesday.

I think they received so many more orders than normal and became overwhelmed.
Old 07-01-2013, 02:24 PM
outlinkk
UotM

TPC Rating: 
100% (47)
06/26/2013__9:20am EST
I made payment,and followed up with an emailed FFL doc

02/26/2013__9:26am EST
Received email confirmation of my order

07/01/2013__11:00am EST
"Click-N-Ship" shipping notification recieved from vendor
Old 07-01-2013, 03:13 PM
bsmith918

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chard View Post
I ordered last Wednesday. No notification yet. Called Friday and was told everything they needed was there. Today they tell "no FFL". I email another copy. I am told it will go out today. CC charged last Wednesday.

I think they received so many more orders than normal and became overwhelmed.
This is what happened to me also. They couldn't find the FFL and I had to resend it on Friday. I was told that it would go out Saturday, but has yet to be shipped. I think they got a way bigger response than they were ready for. I'm good as long as it gets shipped out and the order is correct.

ETA: Just got shipping notification!

Last edited by bsmith918; 07-01-2013 at 03:48 PM.
Old 07-01-2013, 03:55 PM
DrGunner
NRA Member - Click Here To Join! UotM

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bsmith918 View Post
This is what happened to me also. They couldn't find the FFL and I had to resend it on Friday. I was told that it would go out Saturday, but has yet to be shipped. I think they got a way bigger response than they were ready for. I'm good as long as it gets shipped out and the order is correct.

ETA: Just got shipping notification!
Guys this is partially my fault. More than expected? For them, this came out of the blue. Prior to my posting these receivers, they would get one or two orders per month maximum. Then all of a sudden they sold 50 in under 48 hours. That's got to get a bit difficult when you're not used to organizing that kind of a move.

I should have called them before posting it and warned them ahead of time that they were going to be swamped.

Please, be patient -they seem like very nice people and are doing their best.

DrGunner
Old 07-01-2013, 04:19 PM
bid_doug
US Army Veteran

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrGunner View Post
Prior to my posting these receivers, they would get one or two orders per month maximum. Then all of a sudden they sold 50 in under 48 hours.
On the other hand, I believe one of the earlier posts said they run occasional batches (my words not theirs), maybe this will encourage bigger or more regular batches.