Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 08-20-2013, 09:42 AM
Ron 1738
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (10)

[QUOTE=Sallowpad;4669249]Okay, caving in here. Just ran a small batch for you guys. Here's a link to the RFC trading post listing:

Sallowpad's bushings fixed my feeding issues. I purchased 4 of the bushings for my BX-25s. I also polished the metal feed lips with my Dremel and a buffing wheel with some rouge. Put some LIQUID WRENCH dry lubricant in the slots that the feeder rides in and then buttoned them up. All issues solved. They all feed properly now.
Old 08-26-2013, 12:24 PM
Sallowpad

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
[QUOTE=Ron 1738;4683193]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sallowpad View Post
Okay, caving in here. Just ran a small batch for you guys. Here's a link to the RFC trading post listing:

Sallowpad's bushings fixed my feeding issues. I purchased 4 of the bushings for my BX-25s. I also polished the metal feed lips with my Dremel and a buffing wheel with some rouge. Put some LIQUID WRENCH dry lubricant in the slots that the feeder rides in and then buttoned them up. All issues solved. They all feed properly now.
Thanks, Ron!

I still have a couple of these guys left if anyone else has one of these mags not working 100%.
Old 09-05-2014, 05:29 PM
firehorseMike

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Hi Sallowpad. I know this is digging up a old topic, but would you still have any bushings left for sale? I'm experiencing the same sort of failure to feed problems as some of the others are reporting.

Thanks,
FirehorseMike
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-05-2014, 10:42 PM
C.C.
US Air Force Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (4)
I have 2 .22 short brass set aside in case the problem ever does occur.
Old 09-05-2014, 10:47 PM
Sallowpad

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
I can work up another batch if there's interest. The .22 case will improve the issue and will probably eliminate the major jamming symptoms, but it won't quite eliminate the follower tilt.

PM me if you're interested in a couple.
Old 09-05-2014, 11:14 PM
C.C.

TPC Rating: 
100% (4)
What do you charge?
Old 09-08-2014, 10:06 AM
jkingrph

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I'm interested. Will the work in other mags such as the TI-25
Old 01-05-2015, 09:49 AM
muskrat30
US Navy Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I'm having some of these issues. The next time I am able I think I need to take the magazine apart and see if this helps. I'd like to see more upward angle as the rounds feed, or attempt to.
Old 01-20-2015, 07:54 PM
copterdrvr
US Army Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Just for information purposes-if you want to "kill" the primer without firing it, here's a simple way to do it.

Put fingernail polish remover in the case (after you dumped the powder!) let it sit for 5 minutes and run a toothpick inside and down around the rim of the case where the priming compound is located.

Let sit for another 5 minutes and run the toothpick again. Rinse out and NO primer material!
Old 01-24-2015, 01:20 AM
bjones2571

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Thanks for bringing these back up. I have 4 or 5 bx-25 that I pretty much gave up on a couple of years ago do to the feeding issues. Gonna try this fix. Does swallow pal make the bushings anymore?
Old 01-26-2015, 07:20 PM
copterdrvr
US Army Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Can't answer that but if you have a Dremel Tool with a cutting disk just drop the empty case in the follower, mark it on the underside with a felt pen and cut it on the "inside" of the line.

It'll fit perfect and does a great job of taking out a lot of slack.
Old 02-16-2015, 03:49 PM
Chaser
NRA Member - Click Here To Join! UotM

TPC Rating: 
100% (74)
Send a message via AIM to Chaser
Bump to the top...
Old 02-20-2015, 08:15 PM
35Remington

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
Glad I saw this. What a simple fix. Hope it works for me.
Old 02-27-2015, 09:34 AM
Worn
US Navy Veteran GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Sad to say that this fix did not work well for me on five BX-25s. I saw a slight improvement, but the followers still hang up and lose that first round upward tilt.

I was careful to mind the length of the bushings, deburring and polishing them inside and out. In the end, I had the best luck with lubing the bushed magazines, one with ordinary gun oil, one with Frog Lube. I'll be trying graphite and other dry lubes next.

Then it's a lot of testing to see how long the dratted things function before needing service again. If swallow pad is still making bushings, I'd be in the market...
Old 02-27-2015, 09:55 AM
DrGunner
NRA Member - Click Here To Join! UotM

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Worn View Post
Sad to say that this fix did not work well for me on five BX-25s. I saw a slight improvement, but the followers still hang up and lose that first round upward tilt.

I was careful to mind the length of the bushings, deburring and polishing them inside and out. In the end, I had the best luck with lubing the bushed magazines, one with ordinary gun oil, one with Frog Lube. I'll be trying graphite and other dry lubes next.

Then it's a lot of testing to see how long the dratted things function before needing service again. If swallow pad is still making bushings, I'd be in the market...
I would recommend you skip the graphite. It doesn't play well with aluminum- the galvanic corrosion effect is minimal, but when you consider the chaff that blows back into the receiver and then gets ground into the roof and sides by the bolt, it is conceivable that over time the result could be embedded graphite and pitting/erosion of the internal receiver surfaces.

Have you checked the feed lips for burs 1/3 of the way from the rear of the feed lips?

There are two points there that bear on the upper surface of the cartridge casing and I've deburred many that had casting flash back there. A small fine rat tail or chain saw file works best- go slow, draw gently and retest often, you're only deburring, *NOT* reshaping geometry.
Also, polishing the surfaces of the feed lips that the bolt glides on using a ragwheel and polishing compound doesn't hurt-

DrGunner

Last edited by DrGunner; 02-27-2015 at 10:00 AM.