Best AR? - Page 8 - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 05-14-2012, 06:57 AM
GT27
US Air Force Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacCool View Post
Here's a pic of a happy rifle user (I won't name the brand, but his buddy's think it's really a cool rifle and he only had to pay $500 for it at Gander Mountain).

Apparently he's a Delta operator too...

I had a Delta moment there too,It took me awhile!! I can imagine all kinds of captions for this! Good one!!!LOL Great examples here,keep em' coming!!

Last edited by GT27; 05-14-2012 at 07:03 AM.
Old 05-14-2012, 07:30 AM
MacCool

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Two Guns View Post
I use this rifle for classes. It's simple and light. It's a RRA lower receiver with a Geissele Super Semi-Automatic trigger. The upper is a factory LMT 10.5 with a BCM bolt, carrier and a BCM charging handle. Optic is an Aimpoint PRO mounted in a Larue mount.

Nice rifle! I've built several AR15s, have never been disappointed by BCM barrels or BCGs.

I've always been more of an Eotech guy than Aimpoint, but last year picked up an Aimpoint PRO for my Noveske Light Recce. I gotta say...at $400 including mount, that's a great optic and has to be one of the best deals around. I elected to keep the stock QRP mount. I've had a T-1 for a few years...never really cared for it.

Noveskes these days come with that BCM charging handle. I note that VLTOR is on the third generation of design for that CH. My Light Recce did come with a Giessele SSA trigger. At SHOT show 2 years ago, Giessele was selling SSA's out of the back of their booth for $129 so I picked up two for both of my SBRs. I also got some great early-adopter deals on BADASS selectors, another significant improvement over the crap that tends to come in a standard LPK.
Old 05-14-2012, 04:34 PM
Mr. Two Guns
US Navy Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Thanks. I have another upper that I run a 512 on. I find it easier to acquire my target with the Eotech but, I'm getting used to the Aimpoint. I'm planning on picking up the newest iteration of the BCM charging handle. I like the ridge to keep the blow back out of your face. That's a great deal on the SSA trigger. I would have done the same and picked up extras.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-14-2012, 05:48 PM
emb876
Emergency Medical Technician

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
You guys are making me jealous with all those rifles. Those SBR Noveske's and others are looking good. However for my first AR I do not want to deal with SBR registration or want to pay the additional money.

Still towards the top of my list so far are:

S&W M&P 15 Sport (really hard to find)
Colt LE6920 Standar (i.e. non MOE version)

(not in any specific order, however leaning towards the Colt if I can find a good price)
Old 05-16-2012, 11:49 PM
Texas_Plinker

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I'd say do your research and find one you like within your budget. Also shoot some different ones if you can. I have two and I guess it may just be the Black rifle disease but I just want to change stuff constantly and don't have the money lol. That's why I got a 10/22.
Old 05-18-2012, 03:29 PM
emb876
Emergency Medical Technician

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas_Plinker View Post
I'd say do your research and find one you like within your budget. Also shoot some different ones if you can. I have two and I guess it may just be the Black rifle disease but I just want to change stuff constantly and don't have the money lol. That's why I got a 10/22.
Yeah have a stock stainless steel 10/22 that I plan to do a barrel and stock swap sometime in the future to. I also have a M&P 15-22. It's time for me to get my first centerfire rifle.

Another option I've been trying to look into is the Sig M400. With a cold hammer forged barrel, 1 in 7 twist, and magpul furniture all for about $800 it looks like a good option.

I believe its a fairly new rifle however so there isn't a lot of data on it.
Old 06-01-2012, 10:30 AM
munroe copper

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I was prepared to buy a RRA, Bushmaster, DPMS or something when I went to the LGS, and was NOT prepared to fall in love with the LMT I bought. I got to look at KAC's, Colts, LWRC, Noveski etc. but the LMT "felt" just right in my arms. Coughed up the $1,500 (didn't cry once) and never looked back.
Added a KAC trigger guard & ambi-mag release, the perfect trigger (SSA-E) & now I don't even think about any other AR's except mine. Well, maybe LMT's .308 - but thats another story.
Some photos,