Sheeeeesh!! Hope she doesn't get mad enough to.......GIVE YOUR GUNS AWAY!! RH
HAHAHA very good
Old 03-02-2011, 01:48 AM
Jim_WY

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by sm4217 View Post
... and I actually caught MORE hell for saying her pork chops were salty than over the whole situation... her claiming "Thats so embarrasing... I cant believe you would say that about my cooking on the internet"....

So Im not sure... but I think im in the dog house... I'm guessing so cause she said "You make yourself something to eat... Im not hungry"

Jesus tap dancing christ....
I could've told you that would be the case!
Old 03-02-2011, 07:56 PM
ddh1961
US Coast Guard

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by sm4217 View Post
In post #47 I explained that I had returned them... As of 6 pm 21 Feb 2011, I handed them over to his father
While I think you did the right thing by giving them back, it's not because you violated the Man Code.
Giving them back was right because of questions as to the wife's right to give away such property. Legally you covered your back side, which is good on you.

As to violating the Man Code, it doesn't apply in this case. IMO adulterers are not real men; real men do not lie, steal, cheat, deceive, or intentionally commit acts that harm their family and loved ones, nor do they support or associate with those who do.
Call me old fashioned, but this philosophy has served me well for my short 50 years of life...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-04-2011, 06:43 PM
Hornet 6

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Send a message via AIM to Hornet 6 Send a message via Skype™ to Hornet 6
I can just see that happening over here
Husband plays away and gets caught, wife throws him out, wife gives his guns away, husband reports them stolen, wife goes to jail, minimum term is supposed to be 5 years for each unlicensed firearm.
Husband moves back in and divorces wife while she resides in jail, no share of house, no share in communal property and no alimony, RESULT :lol

Neil.
Old 03-04-2011, 11:55 PM
2fewdaysafield
National Guard

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
I KNEW the Brits weren't all bad!!!!
Old 09-04-2011, 04:02 AM
rico903
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
95% (49)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ddh1961 View Post
While I think you did the right thing by giving them back, it's not because you violated the Man Code.
Giving them back was right because of questions as to the wife's right to give away such property. Legally you covered your back side, which is good on you.

As to violating the Man Code, it doesn't apply in this case. IMO adulterers are not real men; real men do not lie, steal, cheat, deceive, or intentionally commit acts that harm their family and loved ones, nor do they support or associate with those who do.
Call me old fashioned, but this philosophy has served me well for my short 50 years of life...
Playing Devils Advocate I'll say you only know one side of the story.
Giving them back was the right thing to do morally and probably legally. He shouldn't have gotten involved in a domestic dispute but did the guy a favor by looking out for his guns.
Old 09-04-2011, 09:27 AM
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (6)
I would have took the also,,but just so she couldnt give them to somebody else,,I then would have contacted the guy and told him I would keep them for him until after the divorce,,
all she did was give away her half of whatever the guns were worth,,
Old 09-04-2011, 12:19 PM
baliblaster

TPC Rating: 
100% (8)
Send a message via AIM to baliblaster
Good thing you give them back,i would have come after you.You don't mess with a man's stuff.If my wife would have done that(she knows better)there would have been serious HELL to pay.
Old 09-04-2011, 02:23 PM
RedRalf
US Army Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Old topic

Old topic and I have not read all six pages ... whew!

Sorry but this should have been a no brainer on several levels:

1. You do NOT want to get between a man and woman situation. YOU WILL lose!
2. You know the old adage of if it sounds too good to be true, it probably isn't?
3. You do NOT want to mess with a mans guns
4. Original writer asked about possible "Man Code" violation. Though I've never seen it written out, suspect most of the above is covered ... AND yes you DID violate man code, big time!

Best course of action would have been as described above by several others: Take the guns, contact the husband and enjoy the guns until he comes back to claim them!

As I said, I did not read it all, but I hope you got out of this unharmed!
Old 09-05-2011, 05:19 PM
Mark W.

TPC Rating: 
100% (4)
This has to be the funniest thread I have read here all year.

had I been in the OP's situation I would have insisted the cheating *******s wife accepted a token cash amount for the firearms and signed a bill of sale.

And I would have never looked back.

Do you guys research every single used purchase you make to insure that at no time was anyone selling their spouses toys?
Old 09-06-2011, 02:08 PM
4given

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
While I in no way advocate adultery, the Bible verse that probably most applies here is:

Matthew 7:12 "So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you, for this sums up the Law and the Prophets." NIV