Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 02-23-2011, 12:06 PM
cmjr
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (4)
simple answer

Give them back to him. They're not yours.
Old 02-23-2011, 12:14 PM
sm4217
US Marines Disabled American Veteran

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmjr View Post
Give them back to him. They're not yours.
In post #47 I explained that I had returned them... As of 6 pm 21 Feb 2011, I handed them over to his father
Old 02-23-2011, 12:27 PM
natman

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by sm4217 View Post
In post #47 I explained that I had returned them... As of 6 pm 21 Feb 2011, I handed them over to his father
You done good.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-23-2011, 04:51 PM
scooter22

Central NY, The good part, not the rotten apple
TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Quote:
You know... I was wondering what today would be like, with my wife having gone to work and telling her coworker I had to give the guns back....

We got to talking when I got home and her coworker could have cared less about the situation...so I guess thats good, so in the conversations, I mentioned this thread and the back and forth and the many opinions and we chatted over it... and I actually caught MORE hell for saying her pork chops were salty than over the whole situation... her claiming "Thats so embarrasing... I cant believe you would say that about my cooking on the internet"....

So Im not sure... but I think im in the dog house... I'm guessing so cause she said "You make yourself something to eat... Im not hungry"

Jesus tap dancing christ....
Wait, I seem to remember a post about what a wonderfull cook your wife is. See if you can find it and show her.
Old 02-23-2011, 08:27 PM
avidhunter1

TPC Rating: 
74% (13)
Quote:
So my wife called me and asks me "Babe, my coworker is giving away her husbands guns, you want them.... " shocked I said ... "Um...Yeah... but why is she giving them away?... are they broken?"

She seemed to kinda hide away and lowered her voice and said "No, she caught her husband cheating on her, and she is throwing him out and throwing away all his things".... I thought about it, and asked "But isnt he there and wont he get all bent?" to which she told me the present story "He said he was supposed to be on a weeklong 'business trip' but went to New Mexico with his mistress, and there are pictures of them on so and so's facebook etc etc" So I of course accepted the scorned womans offer and didnt even ask what they were, cause you dont look a gift horse in the mouth...

My wife went with her to the home and brought them home (my wife scored major christmas gift points) ... She brought with her two M1903A3's in immaculate condition with 1942 receivers (According to Oldguns.net) and 1943 barrels and the original finish, a M1911 government model (but was a High Standard reproduction), a Ruger 10/22 and a Walther P22.

The Two handguns I asked a LEO buddy to run the serials to see if they were stolen, and they were not, so I signed a bill of sale for my own peice of mind since hand guns are a tricky beast... I kinda feel bad, but then i don't... The coworker is VERY angry to say the least, and to date has rid herself of everything of his either by trash, donate, or give away... I would hate to be that man....and is why I stick to only my wife....

So, do you think I broke the "man Code" or can i enjoy these firearms?
HELL YEA you broke the man code. Give the guns back. I would be hunting you down if those where mine. If I couldn't find you I would pay someone that could
Old 02-23-2011, 08:46 PM
mcpilot
US Air Force Veteran Fire FighterEmergency Medical Technician NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Now it's his father's problem... Well done.. You are in the clear now...
Old 02-23-2011, 09:05 PM
avidhunter1

TPC Rating: 
74% (13)
I am glad to hear you gave them over. Good man
Old 02-26-2011, 08:57 PM
ksJoe

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophia View Post
Preach it, brother! You know what they say: men are like guns; keep one around long enough and sooner or later you'll want to shoot it.
And marriage is like a game of cards. Two hearts and a diamond gets you off to nice start, but after a while all you want is a club and a spade.
Old 02-26-2011, 11:01 PM
scooter22

Central NY, The good part, not the rotten apple
TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ksJoe View Post
And marriage is like a game of cards. Two hearts and a diamond gets you off to nice start, but after a while all you want is a club and a spade.
My wife and I never play cards. We have two hearts. She has the diamonds. I have the guns. The club and spade are in the garden shed. 33 years together, 25 married last year.

Last edited by scooter22; 02-26-2011 at 11:03 PM.
Old 02-27-2011, 02:57 AM
BinhThuyUSN
US Navy Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Scooter22,

What a wonderful way to describe your long relationship with your wife.

Bob
Old 02-27-2011, 07:31 AM
2fewdaysafield
National Guard

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
Quote:
Originally Posted by scooter22 View Post
My wife and I never play cards. We have two hearts. She has the diamonds. I have the guns. The club and spade are in the garden shed. 33 years together, 25 married last year.
Good on you man!!!! Marriage never worked for me, but Lord knows I tried it a few times!!!
Old 02-27-2011, 09:29 AM
ksJoe

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
(BTW, I am very happily married. I just thought the card line was funny )
Old 02-27-2011, 09:45 AM

That Evil Admin Lady
TPC Rating: 
100% (23)
When I asked how long he had been married, one of my old geezer shooting buddies answered with "22 gloriously happy years: 1970 through 1976, then I think 1980 was a good year, and 1982...". Of course, by then everyone was laughing at the joke. He'd actually been married for some 35 years.
Old 02-27-2011, 03:01 PM
Rhody
Fire FighterEmergency Medical Technician NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
I am very glad you came to that decision. Good job! What goes around comes around, and you just dodged a bullet!

"Someone stole all my credit cards, but I won't be reporting it. The thief spends less than my wife did."
-Henny Youngman.
Old 03-02-2011, 12:50 AM
roothog
Fire Fighter NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
Quote:
You know... I was wondering what today would be like, with my wife having gone to work and telling her coworker I had to give the guns back....

We got to talking when I got home and her coworker could have cared less about the situation...so I guess thats good, so in the conversations, I mentioned this thread and the back and forth and the many opinions and we chatted over it... and I actually caught MORE hell for saying her pork chops were salty than over the whole situation... her claiming "Thats so embarrasing... I cant believe you would say that about my cooking on the internet"....

So Im not sure... but I think im in the dog house... I'm guessing so cause she said "You make yourself something to eat... Im not hungry"

Jesus tap dancing christ....
Sheeeeesh!! Hope she doesn't get mad enough to.......GIVE YOUR GUNS AWAY!! RH