Which knife did you buy this month? - Page 118 - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 08-13-2018, 05:18 PM
DGladden

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)

I picked up this Case mini Copperlock off ebay last week. It's been in my pocket every day since.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
Old 08-15-2018, 06:34 PM
mushka
US Army Veteran Law Enforcement Officer NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I ordered this morning a Case #303 cadet. I had one years back and for some reason it has been sticking (no pun intended) in my mind here of late,
Old 08-18-2018, 07:55 PM
mushka
US Army Veteran Law Enforcement Officer NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Well I got the case #303 today, early, and it will be an edc knife. Been going nuts lately and ordered a sak hunter and crkt huntn-fisch today. God, I hope I'm done buying knives for awhile. This will be seven of them in a little over a month. Did gift a couple of them but that still leaves me five to deal with. I need a 12 step program for these things. When my obsessive compulsive disorder kicks in I'm weak.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-21-2018, 05:59 AM
j.r. guerra in s. texas

TPC Rating: 
100% (42)
Well, Saturday was a Spyderco day . . .

. . . attending a local gun show, I found two Spydercos that I adopted. A C17 Catcherman Border Patrol (Sal Glesser designer ?), a lock back fillet knife with U.S. Border Patrol blade etch. And a C22PBK Paul Walker design edc lock back that has a comfortable handle. Both of them FRN handle material, both of them cost just under a C-note. Also found a Schrade Taylor SMEDBY automatic, a small but chunky gripped automatic that for some reason I became attached to last year but couldn't find. Originally sold for less than $20 but now often triple the price, this show had a seller willing to let go for $25 (is used and no box). I am satisfied with that.
Old 08-28-2018, 11:44 AM
cwlongshot
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)

CW
Old 08-28-2018, 03:38 PM
Smoothtrigger
NRA Member - Click Here To Join! Appleseed Member Appleseed Rifleman

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Didn't purchase it, but I won it as prize at our year end Silhouette awards match.

Very generous of M.D. Cadlwell Knives.

Smooth

Last edited by Smoothtrigger; 08-28-2018 at 03:41 PM.
Old 08-28-2018, 03:51 PM
supersharp

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoothtrigger View Post
Didn't purchase it, but I won it as prize at our year end Silhouette awards match.

Very generous of M.D. Cadlwell Knives.

Smooth
I like the belly of that blade N690 great steel to sharpen.
Old 08-28-2018, 04:01 PM
Smoothtrigger
NRA Member - Click Here To Join! Appleseed Member Appleseed Rifleman

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Others who are knowledgeable about knives have called this a survival knife.

Although not ideal for hunting, it can gut, skin, and with it's 1/4 inch spine, break bones using a wood mallet or whatever chunk of wood you can find in the woods.
Any opinions would be welcome

Smooth.

Last edited by Smoothtrigger; 08-28-2018 at 04:35 PM.
Old 08-28-2018, 04:15 PM
flangster

TPC Rating: 
100% (33)
I just bought a similar knife, although not as nice: a Buck 863m (Selkirk). Although I prefer USA-made knives this one (China made) is sturdy, has a drop point like the knife pictured above, a full tang, a 3.5 inch blade and a nice wide spine. Micarta grips. It will baton wood easily. Cracking bone? Dunno, but it look sturdy enough to. Most importantly (to me) it is well balanced and fits my hand perfectly. No complaints at all. It does not have as "deep" a blade as the Caldwall above -- that profile is more reminiscent of an ESEE-6.
Old 08-30-2018, 05:45 AM
j.r. guerra in s. texas

TPC Rating: 
100% (42)
The handle on that Caldwell appears to be very comfortable, I wouldn't mind winning that one myself. Congratulations on your good fortune.

Cwlong, that bowie is very pretty. Definitely custom quality, made with love for the craft. Thanks for including pictures of it.
Old 08-31-2018, 05:03 AM
squirrelsniper

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I've been away from the forum for a while, but my most recent purchase was an ESEE 6.
Old 09-18-2018, 10:44 AM
cwlongshot

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Talking

I have wanted to try this knife for a couple years. Its gone thru a couple transformations but I bought the original flip blade knife. I wanted the blk handle, but at the last minute as this is 100% utilitarian I bought orange handle so I dont loose it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yMLA8_tk5As

This is my third outdoor edge knife. I was gifted a whitetail skinner some 20+ years ago and the hardness of the steel on that knife rivals early buck knives. MAN do she hold a edge!! My second is softer steel, but works very well. This one arrived RAZOR + sharp! I even cut my finger checking the gut hook!!! I bought the folding and scalpel replacement blade for my father and he also cut his finger the day he got it!!

I think I am gonna "retire" my Buck Vanguard gut hook, that's been a companion for over 20 years. This one is easier to sharpen as the "hook" is ten times larger.

CW

Last edited by cwlongshot; 09-18-2018 at 10:47 AM.
Old 09-18-2018, 08:41 PM
ms6852
US Army Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Today I received a Buck 110 with water buffalo scales, ginger grooved, with nickel bolsters and the blade is SV30.
Old 09-19-2018, 06:29 AM
j.r. guerra in s. texas

TPC Rating: 
100% (42)
Cwlong, you are gong to like that knife. I bought one some years back and it is a handy meat processing tool.

Two thoughts - first, clean the blade after using and rotating the blade, I'm thinking transfering some of the grime into cavity invites germs. Better to discourage that from the get-go. Two - I'm not sure I would trust doing heavy duty cutting tasks (i.e. breaking aitch bone) long term. The knife isn't flimsy but at the same time, maybe abusing it. Just my .02.

I hope it brings you luck.
Old 09-19-2018, 03:23 PM
cwlongshot

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by j.r. guerra in s. texas View Post
Cwlong, you are gong to like that knife. I bought one some years back and it is a handy meat processing tool.

Two thoughts - first, clean the blade after using and rotating the blade, I'm thinking transfering some of the grime into cavity invites germs. Better to discourage that from the get-go. Two - I'm not sure I would trust doing heavy duty cutting tasks (i.e. breaking aitch bone) long term. The knife isn't flimsy but at the same time, maybe abusing it. Just my .02.

I hope it brings you luck.

Thanks man!!

CW