I Finally took the Plung and got a 617 - Page 8 - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 12-16-2008, 09:31 AM
Master Blaster

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)

S&W has been making the milled into the frame cylinder stop since at least 1998 as my 1998 686+ has a milled into the frame stop. My older smiths have the pressed in stop stud, but all newer ones have the milled frame stud.
Old 12-16-2008, 09:37 AM
Hammer Down
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by smith629 View Post
It must be nice to think you set the standards by which we must dance to. GMD1950 has always been a great asset and a great help to the people of this forum,where as you have a attitude that sticks out like a sore thumb. I dont acknowlege your self proclaimed expertise and i can shoot tighter groups with my Colt Trooper then that polished up piece of yours. No i dont think your information is worth anything ,Go polish your safe Queen. Also isnt name calling pretty ignorant and foolish?

Quote:
Why dont you just try to wear the barrel out instead of makeing a safe queen out of it?

Hello
I Guess Birds of a Feather Flock Together. Have a Merry Christmas.. Hammerdown
Old 12-16-2008, 09:38 AM
gmd1950
US Air Force Veteran Law Enforcement Officer NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
100% (29)
Thanks Smith629, but HD isn't worth the time, he's shown his true colors here just as he did on Smith-Wessonforum.com.

Gerald
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-16-2008, 09:39 AM
Hammer Down

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Blaster View Post
S&W has been making the milled into the frame cylinder stop since at least 1998 as my 1998 686+ has a milled into the frame stop. My older smiths have the pressed in stop stud, but all newer ones have the milled frame stud.

Hello Master Blaster
Thank's for the Insight. I was not aware of this as all Mine are Older Models. It is still hard to believe in a materials conscience world like we have today, that they don't find a way to cut down on the wasted materials in this area... Hammerdown
Old 12-16-2008, 09:42 AM
Hammer Down

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmd1950 View Post
Thanks Smith629, but HD isn't worth the time, he's shown his true colors here just as he did on Smith-Wessonforum.com.

Gerald

See The above Quoted response. Man, These guys Just can't let it die. At least I have the Class to appologize for my Out Burst Now let's Move on here.. . Hammerdown
Old 12-16-2008, 09:45 AM
Hammer Down

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Lightbulb

I also Noticed for some reason they changed the barrel stampings and it appears to be around the same time they stopped stamping the S&W Trade marks and started Laser etching them. The Barrel stampings have been reversed on the newer Models compared to the earlier ones. Hammerdown