Hammer Down
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gator Bait View Post
Fantastic guns, everyone.

Hammer Down, your guns as always are awesome. What do you use or do to keep them looking like that?
Did you have your fingerprints surgically removed???

Gator

Hello Gatorbait
I use nothing But RENAISSANCE Products on my Guns. They sell a product called Pre-Lim that brings out the Bluing or nickel on any handgun when Polished with it. It does Not Harm the bluing Like Flitz or other Metal Polish's can, it only enhances it. When I get Done with that, I use Their Synthetic Wax product. This wax works like no other I have tried and even protects the cylinder face when enough applications are applied by Providing a Barrier between the Metal and the Burned Powder, Which can make cleaning them back up with Pre-Lim a breeze. It also lays a Protective covering to keep away those unsightly Finger Prints. I have not Oiled the exterior of any of my Handguns since using this product and Rust is a thing of The Past. Here is a Link to the Products that are shipped in from England and this is the main supplier that sells to Brownells and Midway..His name is Dennis and he is a Nice guy to deal with. he will ship it to your door and after using it once and see what a difference it can make you will be Hooked for life and only use it there after making the Other Products Inferior to this..Check out how many Historical places use this product all the time to protect Their Valuables, it is simply amazing... Hammerdown

http://www.restorationproduct.com/mainproducts.html
Old 10-14-2008, 10:13 AM
Win71

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Hammer Down, Your guns are awesome! I have admired them on this site and others while lurking. Thank you for the advice about Rennaisance Products - Pre-Lim. Thank you everyone for the compliments and photos of our favorite Smithj and Wesson .22's. Greg
Old 10-14-2008, 10:19 AM
Venom1956

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Wow.

Man since I got in to revolvers i've been wanting a S&W sooooo bad! I went from a taurus to a Ruger Blackhawk, and a little subbie .38 that some guy didnt want. anyway think i could borrow that for a while? it's very nice, enjoy good sir enjoy. What other companies make good revolvers rimfire or otherwise?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-14-2008, 10:37 AM
Gator Bait

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Hi Hammer,

I suspected that was what you were using. I have been using their wax all summer and fingerprints wipe off
in a second with a micro fiber towel. I will try their Pre-Lim. Glad to hear of the protection it is giving your
guns, it really seems to seal them against the environment and that is critical anywhere.
Certainly there is nothing that makes my guns look better.

Thanks,

Gator
Old 10-14-2008, 10:55 AM
Hammer Down

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Win71 View Post
Hammer Down, Your guns are awesome! I have admired them on this site and others while lurking. Thank you for the advice about Rennaisance Products - Pre-Lim. Thank you everyone for the compliments and photos of our favorite Smithj and Wesson .22's. Greg

Hello Win 71 and GatorBait
I must tell you I have Tried all The Products Offered out there to make my Guns stand Tall, and Rennisnace is The Top Product to use. The Pre-Lim will actually Lift Rust particles off Bluing Not Detectible with The Naked Eye ! It is That Good Guys, and to Buy any other Products available would Only Be Flushing your Hard Earned Money Straight down the Toilet. When you first apply Pre-Lim and rub it into a Blued finish don't be Bothered if the cleaning Rag appears to be orange or Brown, that is just Rust leaving your Keep sake. Finish it off with a Couple coats of Wax made by the same company and You Too will have Gorgeous Looking Handguns. Thanks for you Compliments they are appreciated, But it starts with a Good Bluing Job and ends with High Quality Products Like Rennisance sells to make them Glisten... Hammerdown
Old 10-14-2008, 11:04 AM
Hammer Down

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Lightbulb

Hello
Here is a model 17-2 K-22 Masterpiece I had Nickel plated. This shows you what Rennisance can do for Nickel finish's as well.. The First Photo is in Daylight and the Next Three are at Night to show the Mirror shine left by Rennisance. Hammerdown

Last edited by Hammer Down; 10-14-2008 at 11:07 AM.
Old 10-14-2008, 11:04 AM
white house
US Army Disabled American Veteran Law Enforcement Officer

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Win71--neat revolvers!
Do you have the 41? If not it looks like you have to go and get one.....
Old 10-14-2008, 11:28 AM
Hammer Down

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by white house View Post
Win71--neat revolvers!
Do you have the 41? If not it looks like you have to go and get one.....
Yup, First Year Production as shown.. Hammerdown

Old 10-14-2008, 11:31 AM
white house

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Your photos made my eyes dilate.
Now I would like to hold it in my hands.....
Old 10-15-2008, 09:23 AM
NCTexan

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Hammerdown.... a question concerning routine cleaning after shooting and the Pre-Lim and the Renaissance Wax.

What do you suggest using for the clean up and bore/chamber that would not have a negative effect on the wax or Pre-Lim? Also, how often do you use the Pre-Lim for cleaning versus something else?
Old 10-15-2008, 12:57 PM
Hammer Down

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCTexan View Post
Hammerdown.... a question concerning routine cleaning after shooting and the Pre-Lim and the Renaissance Wax.

What do you suggest using for the clean up and bore/chamber that would not have a negative effect on the wax or Pre-Lim? Also, how often do you use the Pre-Lim for cleaning versus something else?

Hello
It all depends on what Bullets you are using and how Hot the Load is. I Primarilly use Copper Jacketed Bullets in all my Calibers as I am not into cleaning up the Lead mess left behind by Lead Bullets. Most of my Target Loads are slower hence Less Copper Fouling. When I do swab the bore I use a Limited amount of Hoppes Number Nine. I am carefull as to Not slop it on and if I feel it will dribble down the Outside of a barrel or into the cylinder window I simply place a cleaning rag to catch it. I also use Bronze cleaning brush's and when they get wore out, I place some strands of Copper Chore Boy brillo Pads around the bristles. This will not harm your bore, and is Lightning Fast on getting leading or Copper fouling out of the bore and cylinder. I usually take Pre-Lim to the Cylinder window area, around the forcing cone and above it, along with the face of the cylinder each time I am done firing the weapon. This keeps them squeaky clean and makes for a much faster clean up if done every time I am done firing them. Once all the Fouling and Burnt Powder is cleaned off the weapon with Pre-Lim I simply wax just the areas effected. It is quick and easy and will take much less time if you do it every time you are done with a Gun rather than letting it build up.. . Hammerdown
Old 10-16-2008, 08:40 AM
gmd1950
US Air Force Veteran Law Enforcement Officer NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
100% (29)
I don't know how I missed this thread but thanks for the tips Hammerdown, I already use the Renaissance Wax, sounds like I just need to get some Pre-Lim.

Gerald
Old 10-29-2008, 02:53 PM
NCTexan

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Hammmer Down.... Thanks for the great tips and instructions.

I've been away dealing with some medical necessities. But I'm back and I now have some Renaissance Wax plus Pre-Lim on order from Dennis.

I'd love to achieve the results that you've obtained with your stable of beauties.
Old 10-29-2008, 04:43 PM
white house

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I like the 34 as well. Nice finish still on the gun!
Old 10-29-2008, 05:06 PM
Hammer Down

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCTexan View Post
Hammmer Down.... Thanks for the great tips and instructions.

I've been away dealing with some medical necessities. But I'm back and I now have some Renaissance Wax plus Pre-Lim on order from Dennis.

I'd love to achieve the results that you've obtained with your stable of beauties.

Hello NCTexan
Glad to be of help, and You Too can have Gorgeous guns as soon as your products arrive.. Hammerdown