Shooting Bench - Page 3 - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 01-03-2009, 10:12 PM
LeviSS

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)

I borrowed some ideas and measurements from this design and then changed it and tailored it to my needs. I didn't need a left handed shooting side.

http://www.horstguns.com/ShootingBench.htm

The green net is a 2X4 frame with a tray in the bottom that collects my .223 brass from my AR. It's an original idea that was born from me getting tired of having to cross that electric fence and hunt for brass for twenty minutes after shooting.

Caldwell Rock BR and Protekor rear bag.
Old 02-05-2009, 06:03 PM
Dwarfmiester
US Air Force NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Been there done that:

I'll never go back as long as the club still has the 4 inch thick concrete tops on rebar reinforced blocks. Now how do you read the wind?

Len
Old 02-28-2009, 08:22 AM
Ahshucks

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)

Built this with a slab of glued up 1" pine strips for the table top and heavy water pipe for the legs. Very solid result.

http://www.aeroaces.com/bench1.htm
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-28-2009, 09:55 AM
cnelson181
US Air Force Disabled American Veteran

North of Steve & Don, South of Al & Joe, East of Sophia & Swiss, West of Gerald & JEE
TPC Rating: 
90% (9)
Here's the one I just did.

Found the plans here http://www.horstguns.com/ShootingBench.htm and modified them a bit to fit me better.

I had some of the lumber and "discovered" most of the rest at Home Depot in a cart marked "Culled Lumber 80% off." I have about $40 into it.

Craig N...
Old 04-24-2009, 04:02 PM
cnelson181

North of Steve & Don, South of Al & Joe, East of Sophia & Swiss, West of Gerald & JEE
TPC Rating: 
90% (9)
Well had to do and "update."

Got the bench set out and thanks to the tip from Slowhand obtained the last piece today. (shade) Not bad for $5

Craig N...
Old 04-24-2009, 04:58 PM
Joe Haller
US Army Disabled American Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Send a message via AIM to Joe Haller
Umbrellas . . .

Craig:

I like that "up close" wind flag. Always felt the wind near the barrel was more important than half to three quarters of the way down range.

Our range faces into the west and for our Tuesday evening practices we have umbrellas attached to the benches when the sun is out. Keeps the sun out of our eyes.

Joe :-)

Old 05-17-2009, 11:45 PM
pipestone
US Marines Veteran

TPC Rating: 
100% (21)
Well, lets see what I can say about this one....

..Easy to aquire

..Adjustable legs

..Light weight

Works for me

pipestone
Old 05-18-2009, 01:42 PM
cnelson181

TPC Rating: 
90% (9)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Haller View Post
Craig:

I like that "up close" wind flag. Always felt the wind near the barrel was more important than half to three quarters of the way down range.

Our range faces into the west and for our Tuesday evening practices we have umbrellas attached to the benches when the sun is out. Keeps the sun out of our eyes.

Joe :-)

Joe,

Yea the umbrella idea was Slowwhand's. Seen a pic of his setup and decided I had to have one. It works quite well and angles too. It has worked out better than I imagined it would.

The flag. LOL This is my attempt at a homemade flag. It does work quite well, but is a little slow to react. I'm finding that I do need another one about 1/2 way to the target though, as the bench flag doesn't always show a true indicator of what is really going to happen. On my range, a 12 o'clock read from the bench, will actually "float" the bullet upwards. This is due to the tree's and such, making my range really hard to "read."

Craig...
Old 08-06-2009, 10:10 AM
Terror1

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Here is mine

It's similar to many others but this one is mine... made from scrap lumber and only cost me about $20 in 5/4" deck boards.

Old 08-15-2009, 07:51 PM
MGSkunk
NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Great Thread! Lots of excellent ideas, plans, and pictures, to help build a bench. Thanks.
Old 08-15-2009, 10:21 PM
Chromie

TPC Rating: 
94% (28)
these are the benches at the range I shoot at, I had nothing to do with building them, but I thought you guys might like to see...

they are pretty basic and the seat spins to the other side for the lefty's..

Old 08-31-2009, 01:53 PM
CleanBreak

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Kool thread and photos.
The bench I built is simalar to the original poster except I only cut out a section on left side. Plus I used hardwood wedges under standard pipe thread bases to give slight angle of legs. The legs can be unscrewed and removed if desired for transport/storage. Would like to replace the top someday with 2 " butcher block, right now it is 2 pieces of 1 " pine glued to each other. Works quite well tho as is, very steady.

Old 09-13-2009, 01:43 AM
Biomek Tattoo

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Got this much tonite . It was a thrift store find, a narrow but tall pc desk. Gotta finish wood and build a small leg at the rear. El Cheapocabre.
Nathan[IMG][/IMG]
Old 09-13-2009, 01:54 AM
RimfireAU
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (4)
this sticky is going great
many different and excellent designs here
Old 10-27-2009, 11:29 PM
Buffalo Chip
Law Enforcement Officer NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Shooting table

I copied a few ideas from here and there and made this. I used lots of Liquid nails and long screws and put the legs down 18 inches deep. Its quite solid.