Anyone belong to the SW forum? - Page 3 - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 02-27-2008, 06:40 PM
Bellevance

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)

Well said, John. I agree completely. Thanks.
Old 02-27-2008, 07:24 PM
Hammer Down
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turangi View Post
I have belonged there for years and very much enjoy the forum and haven't had a lick of trouble from the owner nor have most of the other members. The forum, like this one, is privately owned and the owner certainly has the right to set ground rules and take such actions as he deems appropriate to such members that abuse the rules. I for one appreciate the scrutiny of the moderators as it allows the forum to be a pleasant place and weeds out the bad apples. A quick look at other gun forums apart from this one will quickly convince you that they can degrade rather quickly and become very unpleasant. Apart from the Smith Wesson Collector's Association private forum I think it is by far the best forum for information regarding the whole range of S&W's. Many of the top collectors in the country belong and freely share there knowlege. John

Hello John
I see you have Voiced your Opinion and that is fine as I have mine as well. I am a Member of The S&WCA and it's private forum and they have been offered to open a link to the Public forum on many occasions and turned it down many times. I feel any forum needs rules but more importantly Rules need to be adhered to by everyone, and that does not seem to be the case on the open S&W forum. He has his little Boyz Club and they Openly Harpoon who ever they want with no remorse or correction for stepping out of line breaking the forum rules repeatedly. I have seen that forum turn into a Dirty joke kind of place and many fine members have been banned by the owner one in particular for supplying auction links and now that seems to be normal everyday practice. This to me shows a Bias Opinion and non compliance to the rules set. Nuff Said... Hammerdown
Old 02-27-2008, 08:12 PM
woodsltc

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I've been a member there for over 4 years and have found it to be a great site.

The owner and administrator is very protective of the site and doesn't allow any mis-use or "scaming" of the members.

The people that have been banned from the site deserved to be banned --- so, don't let anyone lead you to believe otherwise. I won't mention names but a person that is well known on this site and has already made some very negative comments about the owner was banned (and for good cause). I'll not say more.

My advise is to join the site if you really want to learn about S&W's from some knowledgeable and nice folks.

Don
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-27-2008, 09:23 PM
scaramouche

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
I'm on the S &W forum and find it balanced and informative. It contains a tremedous data base, if you got to wait a little to get registered, it's worth it. I wouldn't fuss about it. Some of the negativity I see expressed here is being done by those no longer invited on the S & W forum.
Old 02-27-2008, 10:01 PM
louiethelump

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I am a S&W forum member. They do not allow you to use one of the free service e-mail addresses like yahoo as a PRIMARY e-mail because there is no accountability with them. They are attempting to take the risk of spammers out. I use my yahoo e-mail for them, but had to register with an address from my server, and use the yahoo as a second.

Ref the AOL, I am not aware of them banning AOL addresses, but it is possible. AOL is blatantly anti-gun and anti second amendment. I am always surprised to see gun people using AOL as part of your payment to them is going to the anti gun groups attempting to disarm us. I have nothing to do with their management so I am not sure of their reason, if that is what they are doing. There could also be spam problems with AOL and I have heard that AOL fills your e-mails with advertising.

When I signed up a couple of years ago, I just had to wait for the moderator to review my information and approve me to post. It took overnight.

Louie
Old 02-28-2008, 02:59 AM
Catherine

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Interesting and thanks

Interesting and thanks to everyone for the information.

AOL IS anti gun and I know people in various states who had problems with AOL when they tried to use it for GUN and POLITICAL websites along with general FIREARM EMAIL USE.

I don't have a bone to pick with anyone here about a board.

I was mentioning what went on in some MSN and YAHOO boards a VERY, very long time ago with the one "chick" and a few others. Some of those boards got spammed and had improper "ADS" put on their website. Members had email problems because they got flooded too.

I know that what was ALLOWED in discussions BEFORE, on SOME of those boards and on other gun websites, all of a sudden got Cut Down, Edited, Deleted, etc. because the OLD TIMERS wanted to discuss issues that "went down" during the 90's. The moderators changed their policies plus some moderator men were VERY biased in their VIEW. The powers that be on ANOTHER site all of a sudden were afraid to have these things discussed for fear of being OFFENSIVE and/or TOO political when it came to D.C., Reno, BATF, etc.

When it came to the one place... I thought that I would NEVER see that happen with older men who had a CLUE and with such "P.C. Talk". Holy moly!

The owner, owners, moderator and moderators have the RIGHT to do what they WANT to do because they OWN IT. The members can choose to abide by it whatever "it" is - rules/regs, stay, share, leave, quit, boycott, etc. Whatever trips their trigger!

I know some men who didn't like the rules on a rifle site so they formed their own and post a bit on that former website.

I know that one owner (Another board.) did not reply or keep up with the members requests and the members had their email RETURNED because it was set up that way. Immediately returned email even if they were already members plus ones who wanted to JOIN UP. NO way to run a board but I have seen that too. That private board is long gone now too.

As I said, I don't belong there or to other ones... I read them on and off. I have NO bone to pick here with anyone. I mentioned the old MSN and YAHOO boards plus email address information.

I personally KNOW some men/women who belong to several OTHER boards because they belonged to ones that I belonged to too. I have MET them in real life, shot with them, spoken with them on the tellie and face to face, eaten with them, camped with them, etc. This was in a GROUP deal - back east and out here. I am not just talking about 1 or 2 people. I shot with my political buddies back east often too.

Good and bad people in anything.

Thanks again and have a nice Thursday.

Sincerely,

Catherine
Old 02-28-2008, 03:17 AM
Catherine

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by OCD View Post
There is a online forum:
http://www.smith-wessonforum.com/

Does anyone belong to it? I signed up and got a e mail reply but I am still not able to post. It states "awaiting approval"
Never seen this on any forum I have joined????

I have centerfire revolverss and pistols and have some questions.
Did you get approved/signed in yet as a member yet?

Maybe some of the people here can put in a good word for you.

Catherine
Old 02-28-2008, 07:45 AM
Hammer Down

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodsltc View Post
I've been a member there for over 4 years and have found it to be a great site.

The owner and administrator is very protective of the site and doesn't allow any mis-use or "scaming" of the members.

The people that have been banned from the site deserved to be banned --- so, don't let anyone lead you to believe otherwise. I won't mention names but a person that is well known on this site and has already made some very negative comments about the owner was banned (and for good cause). I'll not say more.

My advise is to join the site if you really want to learn about S&W's from some knowledgeable and nice folks.

Don

Hello Don
Since you have just about Pin Pointed me in your response, I will respond as I am allowed to here without Doctoring of my response or removal of it. I have many friends that still belong there as members and at times send me copy & paste versions in an E-mail to apprise me of the negative feelings the owner has Posted towards me. He just can't seem to let it go, and this shows me a Person with Deep emotional issues at hand. I will agree with you it is a great site Provided you agree with the majority and do not step on the toes of the favorites. I made some mistakes while being a member there, but when one is banned he cannot respond to the allegations and anyone on Earth Knows there are Two sides to every story. I sold many pairs of grips on that forum and for the most part had a good transaction on all of them. There was Two transactions that I suppose did not go so well, where one guy said I had sent him the wrong frame size grips and he was told to return them for a Prompt refund. I never received them, and he did not place any insurance or tracking on them electing to take the cheaper First class rate of shipping, and they never showed up on my end, so I felt they either were never sent or got lost or stolen along the way. Had they showed up, I would have gladly sent his money back to him but I am not going to refund money when the grips are not in my hand, surely any one would Understand that ? The Other transaction was that the buyer complained they were too shinny. I had sent him Pictures of them prior to shipping them, and he said before they got to him that they were just what he was looking for, then wanted to return them. I am not Wal-Mart he expected me to eat the shipping and refund all his money including the shipping, but Failed to mention that part in his response & I had no use for them, so did not offer a refund. I was Banned so could not respond, nor did not feel I had to as I felt nothing I did warranted the 15-20 page Chastising I took for it. 99 % of the responders of that thread had never dealt with me, so it was just hot air and complaints & some responded by saying that I had vented on them, which I did on some of them when they tried to cut my listed prices because they were members of that forum, they felt they were do some kind of discount. It is the Only forum I have been banned on and still is, and mostly because I would not sell my stuff for Basement prices to the favorites of that forum, nor give my items away. They even made fun of the style of finish I used back then, and several liked it and bought from me repeatedly, and still do to this day. The Ones that Posted Positive remarks in that thread about me were either banned or their responses were removed by the owner shortly after they Posted them. E-mails can be Doctored or made up so don't believe ever thing you read, remember we are on the Internet where all kinds of typing tricks can be done to make others believe it is real and unaltered. I belong to several boards and am a Member in the Smith & Wesson Collectors association and have been for a Long time now with no repercussions or Drama, simply because they do not allow it and are of a Higher status of serious collectors that are willing to pay for something rather than Cut a persons price on it. I recently sold a set of Coke Grips to The President of The Smith & Wesson Collectors association, and he was very Pleased with them telling me they were some of the nicest he had seen, and I sold them for $375.00 what they were worth and sent them before his check even arrived. I know of some on that forum that in the past have been members of The Smith & Wesson Collectors association that are no Longer there, and I will not touch on the reason why, or who they are as they know why they are no longer there, along with the members of the association But I wouldn't believe everything you read on the Internet as being totally accurate. I have no reason to hide nor deny my past Membership of that forum, I could care less what they do there are plenty of other great boards out there like this one that do not involve the Political ties or Drama like that one does. One very well respected member of that forum Named Tusker was Banned for Listing an auction Link. I have heard from members that still belong there that auction Links are an every day occurrence now, so I can see no good reason for a member being banned for something that others are allowed to freely do, and it shows me a Bias Opinion and a free will not adhere to the rules of that forum. I have had many Transactions with Tusker and all of them have been very Positive and much more than I expected. He has even sent me items that I did not ask for trying to just be nice to me for doing Business with him. Enjoy your self on that forum, at one time I felt it was one of the best out there but it has changed much in the past five years and not for the better, loosing many of it's older posters that are well respected and very Knowledgeable in the realm of collecting as they either tired of the drama or were Banned by the owner. I will not respond again to this as I see no Need to build the Resume of the owner of that forum. I have no ill feelings towards him nor his Bias Forum any more. it means nothing to me nor never will, as I have moved on. Regards, Hammerdown.
Old 02-28-2008, 10:07 AM
OldWolf

TPC Rating: 
100% (23)
I am a member. Although I use it for centerfire only.
Old 03-04-2008, 09:48 AM
S.B.

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Informative, and accurate but, picky? Mike Packwood and friends aren't the friendliest people in this world. I'm a member but, avoid personal contact. Some awful good people have been given the boot, over there for no more reason than a difference of opinion.
I've been warned several time when I replied to one of his friends sharply for comments they've made both in private emails and on open forum but, still a member.
"If you ain't one of us, you ain't s**t", is the opinion of what I get from them?
I'm not knocking their site but, be prepared.

For more of an option try this site:

http://smithandwessonforums.com/eve?cdra=Y&s=2171078201

Dave's crew is much friendlier!

Last edited by S.B.; 03-04-2008 at 09:52 AM.
Old 03-04-2008, 10:08 AM
OldWolf

TPC Rating: 
100% (23)
I thought we were talking about THIS S&W forum!

http://smith-wessonforum.com/
Old 03-04-2008, 10:22 AM
S.B.

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I was, I just thought poster should be aware of other options?
Old 03-04-2008, 11:04 AM
OldWolf

TPC Rating: 
100% (23)
Thanks for posting that one SB. I joined it just now.
Old 03-04-2008, 02:12 PM
cassidy

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
S&W Forum

I love it but somehow I screwed up and now I can't do messages or sign on to the classifieds.
I will have to contact the administrator for help.
Old 03-04-2008, 03:33 PM
Catherine

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Thanks for the INFO and ??? please.

Dear S. B.,

Thanks for the latest information.

Good and bad in all people and boards. Cliques and/or owners who pull some things don't interest me.

If he pulls that stuff (As he did with the nice Hammer Down man.) and did not let a MAN have his SAY or DEFEND his HONOR... I will not join there. That is WRONG, wrong and wrong! No clue about the others that he pulled this with - I don't know them.

I do know several men who USED to belong there. No clue on some of them if they still belong there or not. One of them who still belongs there is a FRIEND of ours.

Thanks for the other new link.

Does that man OWN/OPERATE THIS Ruger Forum?

http://www.rugerforum.com/phpBB/

What other sites does he own that you may know of?

Thanks a bunch!

Sincerely,

Catherine

Last edited by Catherine; 03-04-2008 at 03:35 PM. Reason: TYPO