Anyone belong to the SW forum? - Page 2 - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 02-24-2008, 10:52 PM
NCTexan

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)

It took several days to get my approval processed when I joined the S&W forum.

Have patience because it's a great forum and certainly worth a short wait.

BTW, I just signed up for this forum and it would not accept a number of free email providers such as hotmail, etc. I had to register using my DSL provider's seldom used account. SPAM must be a major problem everywhere.

I will have a new Model 41 in my hands next week, so I can be an 'official member' here. (This is a major upgrade from my Beretta 22LR Practice Kit.... now my 92FS is 9mm pure again!)
Old 02-24-2008, 11:01 PM
OCD
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Thanks for all the replies. Yes, i did respond back to the e mail conformation. It does say something about manually approving so as was mentioned, maybe they do not "work" on the weekend. It;s just odd. Any other forum I joined was immediate after the e mail.
Old 02-24-2008, 11:16 PM
aeronut04
US Air Force Veteran

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
I have been a member there for a year, and originally had a different user name.
To change my user name I had to totally re register, and that took nearly a week, even though I was already a member. I can tell you its well worth the hassle and the wait. The people there are very nice, and very helpful with all aspects of collecting, and selling. The big thing appears to be the certain e-mail accounts they will not accept. As with the rimfire forum, its free, and very well run.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-25-2008, 06:42 AM
PaperPatched

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
One of the two best places for S&W info

I eat my breakfast at the computer and check both RimfireCentral and the Smith & Wesson forum every morning. These are the two best places I've found for Model 41 information. Reading back through previous post could keep you busy for a long time! (Ssh! I sometimes sneak over to the CZ section at RC also.)

Last edited by PaperPatched; 02-25-2008 at 06:47 AM.
Old 02-25-2008, 04:03 PM
Catherine

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I don't belong there... yet.

If there is a SMITHNUT from WA state still there as a MODERATOR and/or member... please tell him that CATHERINE and YOU know who from Western Montana send their best to him. We need him and Yellowstone and/or West Yellowstone - whatever name he is using now - to get together for another target shoot, camp, cook out, etc. @ DEER CREEK RANGE. We have some new toys (LOL) for them to shoot too. TELL him that DON in WA has our private, unlisted, land line number and that our email was changed. NO cellular telephone now. I don't know if he ever got that email or not.

We have elk, deer and a buddy got a buffalo too. Grin.

If they can't make it the end of spring-usual time... we can make it at another time perhaps. Our vacation time has changed too. He is using more "hunting season" for his vacation time off out here in Western Montana. We can do the ranch down by the river too. A-OK with J. We still might make it up to Alaska if all goes well.

Thanks.

Catherine/Cate - Real Name - MSSA Member and a member @ DEER CREEK too.

Last edited by Catherine; 02-25-2008 at 04:05 PM. Reason: TYPO
Old 02-25-2008, 05:49 PM
JB in SC

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Smithnut is still there..has more S&W Bodyguards than a show dog can jump over

Great person, very knowledgeable.
Old 02-25-2008, 06:20 PM
Larry in Bend

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Because I like my Smiths so much I've belonged for quite a while. One of my favorite sites. Lots of good info. Some of the members are a bit short-tempered so try not to get offended easily. One of the members here, whose posts I enjoy reading, has been villified at the Smith site for some transgression - so don't tee them off if you want to retain your ability to post!
Old 02-25-2008, 07:28 PM
gsfxst

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
i tryed to sighn up it says no hotmail- yohoo or AOL what email do you have to have
Old 02-25-2008, 08:53 PM
Bullet Bob
US Air Force Veteran

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
Well I have all those "qualities" myself plus several SW handguns but am "still "awaiting approval".

All good things take time.
Old 02-25-2008, 10:21 PM
gsfxst

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
i tryed thay dont tack AOL or hotmail or yohoo so what email will work ive tryed before
Old 02-26-2008, 02:11 AM
Catherine

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)

Use your ISP's email address. ISP=internet service provider.

A lot of places/boards/forums do that now because of spam and hackers. They do not allow throw away addresses. I tried to change my Bresnan one here @ RFC and it says that it will not take my hotmail one here too. I am a Newbie here too. The rules may have changed compared to when some of you older members joined up here.

If I had Qwest for my ISP not BRESNAN... I may be screwed because I think (?) that my Qwest Telephone only uses MSN Hotmail or MSN email now. I am not sure but if we move/build to a super RURAL area and only have Qwest or Blackfoot or Northern Lights for an ISP and telephone - I will be out of luck unless a moderator approves it or some forums/subscriptions allow it.

Best of luck to you in joining up.

To the other man here... thanks for telling me about Smithnut. I think that my husband has his cellular number in his wallet or file cabinet. I asked him about it. Have fun over there!

Catherine
Old 02-26-2008, 02:21 AM
Catherine

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry in Bend View Post
Because I like my Smiths so much I've belonged for quite a while. One of my favorite sites. Lots of good info. Some of the members are a bit short-tempered so try not to get offended easily. One of the members here, whose posts I enjoy reading, has been villified at the Smith site for some transgression - so don't tee them off if you want to retain your ability to post!
LOL It sounds like some old political and gun boards from the 90's and on. Too bad that they can't forgive and let him post. No clue what happened - I don't really care. Sad.

It reminds me of a few ANTI gunners, trolls and trouble makers from MSN, YAHOO, etc. gun boards YEARS ago... we all TRIED to be so nice to the anti gunner TROLL who called herself Miss P. She is still around on the internet, here and there and she uses other names. I know that because one of the owners/moderators could look up/trace her ISP. I was a moderator on some public and private boards... it can be a pain sometimes when you are trying to be NICE and FAIR to an "anti" or million mom bimbette who only has one view and does not think OUTSIDE of the box or understand the meaning of the SECOND. When I had my OWN board and chat... I nipped it in the bud. I got sick and tired of some of them so it was an INVITE ONLY board or approval only. Word of mouth and email to close friends.

Catherine
Old 02-26-2008, 10:48 PM
Sub sailor
US Navy Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Yes I joined about a year ago. It is a great place with great people. Tons of information there. Rimfire Central and the S&W Forum are probably my two favorite places on the web. Unfortunately I encounter people who encourage me to keep buying more guns!
Old 02-27-2008, 05:09 PM
Hammer Down

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catherine View Post
Use your ISP's email address. ISP=internet service provider.
LOL It sounds like some old political and gun boards from the 90's and on. Too bad that they can't forgive and let him post. No clue what happened - I don't really care. Sad.

A lot of places/boards/forums do that now because of spam and hackers. They do not allow throw away addresses. I tried to change my Bresnan one here @ RFC and it says that it will not take my hotmail one here too. I am a Newbie here too. The rules may have changed compared to when some of you older members joined up here.

Catherine

Hello Catherine
It is mainly the Owner of that forum that goes on Tangents and Tirades once every six months or so to attract attention from his member's who tell him how great he is and one way or another it always works into a Thread where they send him money to float his Forum. It is so predictable what his gain is, he really is not worth the Oxygen he uses to survive, only bleeding the wallets opf those not smart enough to know his focus or Goals. Some people will Jump at the chance to send him their hard earned money as it makes them feel they are on his good side, when in reality he will slash their throats by Banning them if given a chance to make him self more monetary Gain from it.. There are a Lot better forums out there to belong to like this one for starters. I was banned from there and could care less what that Little Troll does no his board but he refuses to let it go Bringing up my name from time to time, so what that shows me I really hit the nail on the head and got into his Empty little pathetic Head... Hammerdown
Old 02-27-2008, 06:22 PM
Turangi

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I have belonged there for years and very much enjoy the forum and haven't had a lick of trouble from the owner nor have most of the other members. The forum, like this one, is privately owned and the owner certainly has the right to set ground rules and take such actions as he deems appropriate to such members that abuse the rules. I for one appreciate the scrutiny of the moderators as it allows the forum to be a pleasant place and weeds out the bad apples. A quick look at other gun forums apart from this one will quickly convince you that they can degrade rather quickly and become very unpleasant. Apart from the Smith Wesson Collector's Association private forum I think it is by far the best forum for information regarding the whole range of S&W's. Many of the top collectors in the country belong and freely share there knowlege. John