Another trip to the range with the P22... - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 11-26-2007, 11:26 AM
AkshunJebus

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Another trip to the range with the P22...

300+ rounds, all Remy golds... FLAWLESS VICTORY!!! No FTEs, FTFs, %%%s, BBQs, etc.

I went through at least 3 mags just watching the gun from the "side". The ejection pattern is spot on perfect for all but the last round in the magazine... very happy here.

I am noticing a little slide wear now however. I think it's coming from the slide block... and maybe one nick from the trigger bar ears, so I'll have to investigate these.

Approaching 1,100 rounds. On my way to 30k!
Old 11-26-2007, 11:33 AM
kraaazymike

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I'd actually be really impressed if the P22 could produce a BBQ. Heck I know I'd bring this thing everywhere I went if that were the case. Glad yours functions great, though it looks like you spent more time polishing superfluous parts than the important ones Though I shouldn't talk. I ended up polishing the barrel nut and guide rod because of you. Haha!
Old 11-26-2007, 01:46 PM
AkshunJebus

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I thought I had polished all the important parts enough already. Heck, the trigger bar ears and hammer were done before I fired the first shot.

I haven't done anything to combat slide wear from the slide block yet though. I suspect there may not be an easy fix for that one unless the slide block is sharp... but I don't think it is. Right now it just took off some of the finish... hasn't gouged the slide yet.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-26-2007, 02:55 PM
AkshunJebus

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Ah ha... I just looked at the pictures I posted in the "second trip to the range" thread and I see 2 nicks in the slide from the trigger bar ears... so they were already there.

That makes sense. I couldn't understand why the ears would start digging in now when they didn't before.

Now for the slide block...