Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 04-18-2020, 03:54 PM
Calfed
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Hart Arms Company ( HARCO)

I glommed a new BRNO Model 4 a few months ago that included a warranty registration card that was addressed "Hart Arms Company (HARCO)" in Albuquerque.

I can't find anything about this company and wondered if anyone had heard of them.

Old 04-18-2020, 05:09 PM

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I don't have a real answer for you. I have a CZ 527 Lux with a (19) 93 date stamp and factory marked "Brno Arms Factory" as well as "CZ 527" in 223 Remington. On the bottom of the barrel is a faint "HARCO" stamp. I have to assume they were one of the early importers of CZ's. My first CZ 527 was imported by Action Arms out of Philadelphia Pa in the late 1980's. There were two other importers whos names escape me (30+ year old memory's) one out of Minnesota and one out of Montana. The Montana company is still in business but no longer in Montana. When the iron curtain came down and before CZ USA was established in Oakhurst Ca. it was a bit of a free for all regarding CZ's.

Last edited by 59801; 05-28-2020 at 03:51 PM. Reason: add photo
Old 04-18-2020, 06:20 PM
US Air Force Disabled American Veteran

TPC Rating: 
100% (5)
My first model 4 is also from Hart Arms Co. I purchased it in Albuquerque a few years ago. I spoke to Denny about this company he told me that Hart Arms was one of his business partners. That's all I know. Any other inputs from others??
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-18-2020, 06:28 PM
glennasher
US Army Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
IIRC, the Montana company was Bauska, who was the importer for my old CZ-75 (pre-whatever). I think they imported them thru Canada at that time.
Old 04-18-2020, 06:49 PM

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
glennasher, thanks for jogging my memory. Bauska was out of Kalispell Mt and I'm not sure there still in business. The Mt company that's still in business but no longer in Mt. would be J&G sales in Arizona (?).
Old 04-18-2020, 09:33 PM
Calfed

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Thanks, guys. I wondered if it might have been Denny's company.
Old 04-19-2020, 05:34 AM
j.r. guerra in s. texas

TPC Rating: 
100% (42)
Foggy recesses of brain also faintly remember a Minnesota firm which imported Brnos as well, but I do not recall the exact name of it either. I've seen references to this Hart firm in the past. Zedenek Jacubek (Denny) and George Tripes were the main Brno firearms importers in California (Bohemia Arms - Fountain Valley) that I know of. At the ending of Brno, there was also a Cherry Arms firm, but I believe they only did repair work.

That is all I can remember.
Old 04-19-2020, 01:06 PM
JMK
US Navy Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member Appleseed Member Appleseed Rifleman

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I believe the Minnesota company was Magnum Research Inc, and were marked MRI, Mpls, MN. They were an early importer, and even had a CZ 550 model designated after them - the CZ 550 Minnesota.

There were other small imports, too. I have a CZ 75 (pre-B) that was imported by Vega in Sacramento, CA. It just so happens that my father worked for them about the time I was born, well before that pistol was made.

JMK

Last edited by JMK; 04-19-2020 at 01:11 PM.
Old 04-19-2020, 01:33 PM
Calfed

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I think CZ America initially was in Oakhurst, California, which is a small town on the east side of the Central Valley
Old 04-19-2020, 02:02 PM
JMK
US Navy Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member Appleseed Member Appleseed Rifleman

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
That it was, Calfed. I stupidly passed on an Oakhurst 452 some time back.

JMK
Old 04-19-2020, 02:10 PM

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
My 527 FS in 22 Hornet has the Oakhurst import address. CZ USA was only located there a year or three. MRI would be the importer out of MN. that I couldn't remember. It's sorta amazing how many different importers there were in the past.
Old 04-19-2020, 04:04 PM
gmd1950
US Air Force Veteran Law Enforcement Officer NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
100% (30)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMK View Post
I believe the Minnesota company was Magnum Research Inc, and were marked MRI, Mpls, MN. They were an early importer, and even had a CZ 550 model designated after them - the CZ 550 Minnesota.

There were other small imports, too. I have a CZ 75 (pre-B) that was imported by Vega in Sacramento, CA. It just so happens that my father worked for them about the time I was born, well before that pistol was made.

JMK
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calfed View Post
I think CZ America initially was in Oakhurst, California, which is a small town on the east side of the Central Valley
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMK View Post
That it was, Calfed. I stupidly passed on an Oakhurst 452 some time back.

JMK
Quote:
Originally Posted by 59801 View Post
My 527 FS in 22 Hornet has the Oakhurst import address. CZ USA was only located there a year or three. MRI would be the importer out of MN. that I couldn't remember. It's sorta amazing how many different importers there were in the past.
All this matches my recollection from other discussions.