After nearly 3 months, I finally got it. - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 08-07-2009, 12:30 PM
Dandy1

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
After nearly 3 months, I finally got it.

It was about 3 months ago I posted a note saying I had a feeding problem with my 96/17 Ruger. (clip would not stay up in place) I was advised by this goup to send the rifle back to Ruger, who also advised me to send it in. I did and was notified it was not repairable due to the trigger group being cracked. They offered me a new 77/17 so I agreed and recieved paperwork that I had to sign agreeing to the swap. I even had to send them a copy of a dealer's FFL so they could send it to them and then do the paperwork so I could pick it up from them. Well after 2 months and 3 weeks I recieved it yesterday by UPS at the house. Its a brand new 77/17 all weather rifle with a gray laminated stock and gray barrel. They even sent matching scope rings. Its a beauty! I was really getting impatient but I have to say I think it was worth the wait. Just wanted to give you all an update and thank you for your help.
Old 08-07-2009, 12:46 PM
Mount Sweetness

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
You made out good!
Old 08-12-2009, 11:50 AM
ab4ka
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (4)
definitely sounds like it was worth waiting for
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-12-2009, 08:55 PM
1FJEF

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Good things come to he that waits. Now hurry your butt up & get to the range & tell us how it shoots!
Old 08-12-2009, 08:58 PM
Chromie

TPC Rating: 
94% (28)
sounds like you did good

Old 08-12-2009, 09:52 PM
timberbeast
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (39)
Patience has its rewards. While a different style, the 77/17 sounds like a really nice rifle, and it's nice to hear Ruger doing what it can to make things right.

Pics and a range report are necessary around here!
Old 08-20-2009, 01:52 PM
Dandy1

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Its sighted in

Well I got it sighted in at 90 yrds. I didn't have anymore room to go farther but thats really about all I'll need for where I'll be shooting anyway. The trigger pull felt much easier than my old model 96 so i don't think I'll mess with the sear or anything right now. Using a rifle rest I was punching out the center of an orange dot about the size of a quarter at 90 yrds. I'm very pleased with the rifle. Everyone who looks at the rifle says "its to purty to be shoot'in" I sure do like it. I mounted my 3x12x50 simmons scope on it from the model 96 and it works well. The federal V-shok 17 Grain shot much better group than the 20 Grain CCI ammo did. Not sure why but I will stick with the V-Shok. Over all I could not be any happier with my free rifle. Did I mention that a friend of mine gave me the Model 96 I sent in for repair after he won it in a raffle 4 years ago? I very seldom run into a good deal but this was one heck of a deal! Thanks for your help.
Old 08-22-2009, 06:43 AM
1FJEF

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Excellent news.