Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.
Closed Thread

Old 01-29-2006, 08:41 AM
1dahunter

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
This just isnt right!! Or is it?

I was on ebay last night checking my listings when I run across this ad offering a 42 page book on how to turn your 10/22 in to a fully automatic rifle. To me this shouldnt be put out to the general public but what do I know. It just doesnt set well with me. Can you imagine the carnage of a 10/22 in full auto with a 50 or 100 round mag? Scarey Jimmy
Old 01-29-2006, 09:28 AM
jungatheart
US Army Veteran

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I knew a guy who claimed to have a full auto rifle. My response was where would you shoot it? What good is having one if you can't play with it?
Old 01-29-2006, 09:33 AM
batmanacw

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Liberals complain about how much carnage a nut could do with a semi auto AK. Does that mean that we shouldn't have access to them? This is the same reasoning.
I like having information that others may not like. I am not afraid of information. You need to be a pretty smart fella to do all the mods necessary and to tune it to run right. Your average criminal is not going to do the required work to make it happen.
That is like saying that Concealled carry licenses are going to cause mass death in the streets. Only law abiding citizens are getting them and they don't get into trouble as a group.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-29-2006, 09:37 AM
BlkHawk73

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
I know folks with full autos. The local range does allow them. Just not my thing though. I'd rather have shot placement than spraying a field. Asfar as the book being available. There's lots of stuff like this. goes along with the homemade boobytraps and explosives stuff. Those that know and respect the rules hopefully follow them. Those that don't, well, eventually they can't keep thier muths shut, have to show this stuff off to thier buddies. Not being the brain surgeon type, they brag, etc, etc. Eventually the wrong people find out and voila, a vacation in Club Fed. I've been inconversations with guys saying they have this gun taht's auto and this sawed off shotgun, yadda yadda, Not wanting to be involved, i quiety dismissmyself and walk away. Let the idiots get caught.
Old 01-29-2006, 10:29 AM
NONYA

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
you can find tutorials on the net to make ak and sks's full auto,I have to believe the info is perfectly legal to distribute.
Old 01-29-2006, 10:56 AM
evilbologna

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Its not that hard to convert most semi-autos to automatic. 42 page booklet sounds like you are getting ripped off
Old 01-29-2006, 11:03 AM
chips1443

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1dahunter
I was on ebay last night checking my listings when I run across this ad offering a 42 page book on how to turn your 10/22 in to a fully automatic rifle. To me this shouldnt be put out to the general public but what do I know. It just doesnt set well with me. Can you imagine the carnage of a 10/22 in full auto with a 50 or 100 round mag? Scarey Jimmy
there's nothing wrong with having information... but if you do anything with it, you'll most likely be looking at ten years in a federal prison.

i've seen a few transferable select-fire 10/22s around, and i wouldn't mind having one. i just can't afford any NFA toys right now
Old 01-29-2006, 11:16 AM
rcpilotjae
US Army Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlkHawk73
I know folks with full autos. The local range does allow them. Just not my thing though. I'd rather have shot placement than spraying a field. Asfar as the book being available. There's lots of stuff like this. goes along with the homemade boobytraps and explosives stuff. Those that know and respect the rules hopefully follow them. Those that don't, well, eventually they can't keep thier muths shut, have to show this stuff off to thier buddies. Not being the brain surgeon type, they brag, etc, etc. Eventually the wrong people find out and voila, a vacation in Club Fed. I've been inconversations with guys saying they have this gun taht's auto and this sawed off shotgun, yadda yadda, Not wanting to be involved, i quiety dismissmyself and walk away. Let the idiots get caught.
Best answer I've read in a long time concerning auto's.
Old 01-29-2006, 12:01 PM
1dahunter

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I guess I just freaked, I did a search a long time ago to see how easy it was to get info on building bombs and it can be had I just had to look hard and all over before I found it so there this book is on ebay just kinda hit me between the eyes. I wasnt expecting a book on ebay explaining how to build something illegal. Thanks all Jimmy
Old 01-29-2006, 12:34 PM
Dsking85

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
they had books like that and books on how to make suppressors at our local gunshow yesterday.
Old 01-29-2006, 01:57 PM
Shoot-22

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
All it would do is get someone in trouble, it's not worth it. I wouldn't trust the 10/22 to handle full auto fire anyway. And what if you don't do the mod right?

There are some little cranks that fit in the trigger, that fire 4 shots per turn of the crank, I know Cabela's has them for $20.
Old 01-29-2006, 04:08 PM
ElrodCod
US Navy Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
Quote:
Ever hear of the first amendment to the Constitution of the United States?
Old 01-29-2006, 04:22 PM
cletus hungwell

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
I guess I just freaked, I did a search a long time ago to see how easy it was to get info on building bombs and it can be had I just had to look hard and all over before I found it so there this book is on ebay just kinda hit me between the eyes. I wasnt expecting a book on ebay explaining how to build something illegal. Thanks all Jimmy
first, full auto .22s are pretty much a joke for anything but very, very limited applications, like assasination.......they are very hard to make function due to the rimmed cartridge and being a rimfire...also, there are very few if any mags that hold/feed enough to even consider building an action on..... the only really functional designs are the american 180, and bill holmes design

try to understand that what's "legal" can vary quite a bit from area to area, and person to person..... i've worked for .gov where i was using/repairing/teaching/building items that were either suppressed, full auto, or combo there of... just because i no longer work for them, i'm not a criminal for "possesing" the knowledge....

also, in the usa, we have the bill of rights and the 1st ammendment.... knowledge is perfectly legal..... we have a wonderful phrase called "criminal intent" that prevents alot of confusion on these matters.....

there is tons of info out there on how to do illegal stuff..... from the warnin labels on mixing cleaning agents, to the "how to" books on full auto/suppressorss/ lock picking/bugging/stealin cable or satelite tv/etc...

i'm all for knowledge, but i only support the legal application there of...that said, i think it's a shame that a law that was supposed to "save us from the armed thug gangs" has resulted in mainly honest people goin to prison for makin/possesing a "toy"..... you can't make the feds prosecute homey for a "foot long" (term for a cut down to pistol size shotgun, usually a single shot), but they sure make their numbers w/ folks like randy weaver and david koresh.....neither of whom i agree w/ on alot of things, but are/were citizens and deserved the protection of our laws.....not what they got....

sorry, rant off
cletus
Old 01-29-2006, 10:12 PM
ThunderStick
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Can you imagine the carnage of a 10/22 in full auto with a 50 or 100 round mag? Scarey Jimmy

Can you imagine the carnage of a Remington 870 with 5 rounds of 000 buck shot!!!! Give me a break! I'm just thankfull that no idiot to date has used the good old 12 gage and buck to reak havock on say a basket ball game or other crouded area!
Old 01-29-2006, 11:34 PM
1dahunter

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
[QUOTE=ThunderStick
Can you imagine the carnage of a Remington 870 with 5 rounds of 000 buck shot!!!! Give me a break! I'm just thankfull that no idiot to date has used the good old 12 gage and buck to reak havock on say a basket ball game or other crouded area! [/QUOTE]

Come on give me a break Id rather face a man with 5 rounds of buck shot than a man with a full auto 22 and 50 to 100 rounds. Yep up close and personal would do you in with a shot gun but its no where the threat of a fully auto 22. I guess we can agree to disagree Jimmy
Closed Thread