Has this ever happened to you? - Page 3 - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 10-18-2019, 07:57 PM
bowwild

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)

My wife found my truck keys in the fridge once. Laid em down to free hands when putting up groceries.
Old 10-18-2019, 10:39 PM
newbie2

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
I have a NIB Rem 870 in 20 ga. Laminate stick. It is somewhere in this house. Somewhere. I had it in a closet but my wife is a serial mover of all thing inanimate to a place where it "fits" better. Fit makes more sense than logic.
Old 10-22-2019, 09:48 AM
284wahoo
US Navy Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (6)
This topic is near and undear to me also. I don't recall if I have misplaced a firearm or not, but I don't think so. I have mis-stored costly optics, thinking they were gone for good and coming across them by chance much later. I also have done many of the silly things already mentioned here. Most recently, one that seems to continue rearing it's ugly head is the apparent disappearance of another set of post-hole-diggers! I had to purchase my fourth set this past weekend. I don't use them often, and never far from the bard, but they just seem to walk away every four or five years. This last set has RED handles. Also, I've started spray painting a big swip of blaze orange on most all of my yard tools. That helps me see them when they get dropped on the ground someplace.
Another thing I started doing last few years envolves anything I better not forget in the near term. Like turning off the water hose when I’m filling water droughs for the critters. I learned to either stay put and wait it out, or set the alarm on my phone.

Last edited by 284wahoo; 10-22-2019 at 10:00 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-22-2019, 11:27 AM
Rhody
Fire FighterEmergency Medical Technician NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vee3 View Post
Shouldn't you have been "pistoling" through the safe?

A safe assumption!

I should have seen that coming!

R
Old 10-22-2019, 02:55 PM
Eagle0199
US Army Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
My wife has "lost" her 1911 carry-gun multiple times. She's always convinced that someone has broken in to the house and has stolen it. We have multiple safes but she won't use one because she is keeping it with her most of the time. I usually find it somewhere in the bedroom where she has misplaced it.
Old 11-14-2019, 11:43 PM
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Yahoo, its back! I could make up some fantastic story, or just tell yoiu of all the places i looked because i remembered puting it there. But .the truth is, it was in the safe, in its spot. I was doing gun stuff and decided i would look one more time.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg A8572717-E793-4AA7-ACBF-C43194E4FEA2.jpg (521.1 KB, 8 views)
Old 11-14-2019, 11:57 PM
Bradical

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Where's my measuring tape!
Old 11-15-2019, 12:10 AM
JDWinCO

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Bought a 243 and a week or so later bought dies for it. A few weeks later was thinking about it and knew I needed dies for reloading so got a set. Several months had passed and again knew I needed dies so... yep bought a set.

Actually found the three sets when I set out to reload, but think I could find the right shell holder?
Old 11-15-2019, 12:19 AM
Bigdog357

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bradical View Post
Yup, that's why I own at least 8 of them, and sometimes I still cant find one when I need it.
Old 11-15-2019, 09:07 AM
Al the Infidel
US Marines Disabled American Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bradical View Post
Get the fluorescent green ones.
Old 11-15-2019, 10:20 AM

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Funny. It was rightunder the measuring tape which sits on the top of the safe!

Its amazing how the memories of where i had put it kept on being created by my mind. I now understand just how unreliable witness testimony can be.

I even asked my wife if she had seen it!

I even suspected one of my shooting buddies had filched it!

Ive accepted the fact that my body is deteriorating with age, but if my mind is too, well thatís disconcerting

Fortunately, i might not notice
Old 11-15-2019, 11:54 AM

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
My problem is I remember where everything is. My friend is like I i cant find this. And I am like you put it on this shelf in this spot. Goes over to where I said and their it was looked at me strange.
Old 11-15-2019, 03:43 PM
RJF22553
US Army Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
One scary episode: our barn Heritage 22LR revolver.

Wife uses it to encourage our horse to come in when called. Secondary use is dispatching Copperheads with rat-shot.

One evening, she carried it out for "encouragement", didn't need to use it, and set it on our water trough. Then forgot about it...

The next day, it was "missing:. We looked everywhere with no luck. We finally centered on the trough and there it was, under two feet of water. Gladly, I never needed to call the cops.

The submersion played heck on the laminated wood handles and caused some minor surface corrosion, but after cleaning, heat treating to cook off any residual moisture, and use of a vice to get the handles back to pretty-much straight, it is fine.

Its only purposes were dispatching Copperheads with rat-shot at short range and as an occasional "you better come in now!" call to our horse enjoying our 8-acre pasture.

But until I found it at the bottom of our water trough, there was some angst about calling it in or searching more for it...
Old 11-15-2019, 05:08 PM
US Air Force Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Personally I would lose my butt if it wasn't held on by my belly button.
Now this is even bad to me.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Lost Keys.jpg (43.7 KB, 41 views)
Old 11-15-2019, 09:20 PM
Bradical

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigdog357 View Post
Yup, that's why I own at least 8 of them, and sometimes I still cant find one when I need it.
The tape I use is an old Stanley that still has the prior owners name etched in Polish on it. That old tape is now a point of pride. It'll be a sad day when it's lost for good.