Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 09-27-2019, 01:04 AM
SavagePlinker

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toomany22s View Post
Stoped by today, they had an interesting looking Benchrest gun in 308. Biggest barrel Iíve ever seen , looked like a trailer axel. In a nice flat bottom laminate stock. The receiver said z... Bruno AZ 24. So I googled that up , and itís now clear to me that someone built this thing. Ok, I ask for information, and they have none, but they want $995 for it, I asked for and got to inspect it, but they couldnít get the bolt back so the salesman says , well now itís got to go in for repair. I ask how long does that take , he said 9 months to a year. No name on the barrel, just the caliber, no name on the trigger, but it was sweet. Also had a nice Zeiss scope on it.oh well Iíll never see it again.
All this because you saw a rifle for sale, and then 1 minute later learned it was not actually for sale?
Old 09-27-2019, 07:46 AM
Toomany22s
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SavagePlinker View Post
All this because you saw a rifle for sale, and then 1 minute later learned it was not actually for sale?
It took 45 minutes to treat me like crap. It took you 2 seconds
Old 09-27-2019, 03:04 PM
HUSHKABOOM

TPC Rating: 
100% (43)
Quote:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-27-2019, 03:08 PM
HUSHKABOOM

TPC Rating: 
100% (43)
Quote:
Originally Posted by HUSHKABOOM View Post
Just need a keyboard or even a phone right! I stop in at Cabelas if I have time when passing by. I have had a couple of very good deals and usually because there was a nice scope involved that was way under valued. Have not had issues with them other than the wait. Now when you go to the new gun counter you have to pick a number from a machine and wait. Now they can lean on the counter as they relax and help the person whose number is up. Why hurry to help more customers?
Old 09-27-2019, 03:18 PM
Al the Infidel
US Marines Disabled American Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
He's a fast typist eh?

No Cabela's within Korean rocket range here.
Old 09-27-2019, 09:37 PM
SavagePlinker

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Okay, 45 minutes. So someone at Cabela's made a mistake. Or perhaps some customer jammed the bolt while looking at it before you came along. How is that "treating you like crap?"

And were you seriously going to plunk down $995 (or $895, whatever) for that thing, with no idea where the barrel came from, who installed it, or what the history of the rifle was?

They probably saved you from a big error if you were, and if you weren't you wasted a bunch of people's time for nothing.
Old 09-27-2019, 10:22 PM
Toomany22s

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I went back tonite, a salesman that I deal its often was available. We looked at therile. They had figured out that a scope base screw had been interfering with the bolt. But when we tried to pull the bolt it was still hanging up. T-shirt hanging uuu on the Timiney Trigger, the part that releases the firing pin. They had no info on. This gun other than the price. I decided a $1000 was too big a gamble. So salesman showed me some other guns, and I bought one of them.
Old 09-28-2019, 10:42 AM
56S

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
My only complaint with Cabelas is the Wheeling store asks insulting prices on used guns. A Remington 597 base model with the included scope tagged for $349.99. Specks of rust N/C. A Ruger 10/22 full stock for $899.99 also seemed a wee bit high too. I don't even bother when I see such inflated prices.

I do spend a fair amount there when I see a bargain.
Old 09-29-2019, 02:30 PM
lone gunman

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I look at the used guns at Cabela's every now and then but that's as far as it goes. their prices are always way inflated so I go to the local mom and pop stores and pawn shops. I can always beat their prices on just about anything so unless its a good sale and I have points from my card I don't shop there. I asked about selling a rifle and they said they would give me 35% of its value so I told them to stick it. and went to a local shop that does consignment and charges $50.00 bucks to do so. also if you don't know Cabela's (bass pro shop) will no longer honor the lifetime warranty on Cabela's products like scopes and such you have to go through the manufacturer. it was nice when they were a little better at customer service now its more about making a buck.