Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 06-13-2019, 11:56 AM
jackkade

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Keystone 722, Varmint Pkg 22 lr, QUALITY

What grade of quality are we talking about with this rig. Reliability? Accuracy,? Fit & Finish? Anyone have one and willing to give a report on it? I saw the deal posted and am wondering if that's a good deal and worth investing in?
Jack
Old 06-13-2019, 02:04 PM
Jammer22
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
There's a bunch of stuff on them here, I sold mine. Magazine are expensive and the scope mount is also like $30.00 as I recall Don't expect a great scope at the price point.
Old 06-13-2019, 03:46 PM
doodle2229

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I have a 722v and it is one of my favorite rifles.Regularly shoots cci sv into a half inch or less at 55yds.Fit finish and function are on par with a cz.Stock is very comfortable and well suited for offhand or bench work.Mags are 25 bucks and have a nifty no button release.I did have a firing pin and a barrel issue with mine but called Steve Dirk their warrenty guy and problems solved with one week turnaround.THE BEST warrenty service i have ever seen.My gun is better than the regular asking price but on sale,no brainer.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-13-2019, 06:00 PM
jackkade

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Doodle, thank you for the heads up. I will be odering one.
Jack
Old 06-15-2019, 06:00 AM
56S

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quality? yes indeed. Consistent quality as a matter of fact. My 722V continues to be my most accurate 22lr. It does shoot better after it warms up a bit. After a deep clean the first 5 are usually about 3/4". The second 5 right at 1/2" and shots 11-15 tighten right up to around 3/8" sometimes better. This is with CCI SV shot at 50 yds using a Stryka 3-9 scope. I think the microgroove rifling is a double edge sword. Capable of some very impressive groups but it does like at least a single bore snake every couple hundred rounds to keep the bore clean. The match chamber also seems to require the carbon ring removed more often than a looser chamber. I soak a patch in 100% acetone finger nail polish and let it sit in the bore ahead of the chamber and scrub with a nylon brush to remove the built up carbon. After that cleaning accuracy comes back in about 10 shots or less. I do this about every 500 rounds.
My Keystone is the one rifle void of frustration. It feeds without marring the bullet, always extracts and ejects and hits itty bitty things I aim at.
Old 06-26-2019, 02:32 PM
Andrew22

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I recieved mine today and posted my first impressions and pictures in the other thread i had started to alert everyone to the deal. So far very pleased!!
Old 06-26-2019, 03:42 PM
jackkade

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Picked up my KSA 722 V yesterday afternoon. Fit and finish is better than I expected. Scope that came on mine, is a Simmons 3-9 NON AO. I have replaced it
with a Weaver 6.5-20 with AO and med height rings ( the factory installed were to high) Shot it this AM just to get it on paper. All went well, no problems.
I will have to wait until after Cataract surgery to do any serious shooting.
IMO, it's a good little package, well worth the price I paid.
Jack
Attached Images
File Type: jpg KSA 722 V 1A.jpg (187.4 KB, 21 views)
File Type: jpg KSA 722 V 2.jpg (184.4 KB, 19 views)
File Type: jpg KSA 722 V 3.jpg (94.1 KB, 22 views)
File Type: jpg KSA 722 V 4.jpg (106.9 KB, 20 views)
File Type: jpg KSA 722 V 58.jpg (231.9 KB, 21 views)
Old 06-26-2019, 04:01 PM
Gasguy
US Marines Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Look for thread Keystone 722. I posted a 5shot group out of a new Varmint. That group was third group of 5. So 15 rounds thru new rifle and that was group. Think it shoots fantastic!

https://www.rimfirecentral.com/forum....php?t=1080290

Last edited by Gasguy; 06-26-2019 at 04:05 PM. Reason: added link
Old 07-11-2019, 12:34 PM
Andrew22

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
So I have been holding off posting more on my gun until after i spoke to keystone and got it taken care off. Initially I had some trouble with my rifle with failures to eject and more importantly really bad accuracy with several brands of ammo.

The good news is Steve with keystone was fantastic to work with on the warranty issues and got me a return label right away. It got to them Monday and within an hour of it being delivered Steve had emailed me that it was on his desk and he would be looking at it. He stayed in touch with daily updates as to what they had done and were going to do. They ended up swapping the barrel out and relieving the stock some more. It shipped to come back today (3 day turn around time!)

I will report back how it is doing once I get some rounds downrange but i have alot of confidence they have made it right at this point. Anyway I just wanted to share my experience with how good their customer service is and will add more info as I have it!

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk
Old 07-11-2019, 02:17 PM
56S

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Curious to know which ammo didn't perform well in your 722? Mine didn't like CCI SV at all when I first got it. The problem seems to have been by shooting copper washed AR Tactical and Mini Mag ammo without giving it a good cleaning. In my experience the micro groove barrel like to be kept clean and the match chamber is affected by the carbon ring much quicker that a standard chamber.
CCI copper washed bullets still shoot very well but so does the SV if I run a few patches dampened with acetone every couple of hundred rounds.
My first indication of a bore getting fouled is the first shot off to the left about 1/2". Clean it good and 5 or so shots later it's back in the groove.
Old 07-11-2019, 08:48 PM
Steve E
US Air Force Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
I have one of the first 722 Varmints (I don't think they had the 'package' at the time). Mine had a few failures to fire and finally got around to sending in my bolt and got it back in a week and now no more misfires. I understand this was something related to some of the early serial number guns. As far as fit and finish the finish is top notch and fit is very good also. I'm very happy with it. As far as accuracy goes my best group has been 5 shots in .3 with most groups .5 or less.
Way more rifle that some costing much more.

Steve..........
Old 07-11-2019, 09:21 PM
Andrew22

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 56S View Post
Curious to know which ammo didn't perform well in your 722? Mine didn't like CCI SV at all when I first got it. The problem seems to have been by shooting copper washed AR Tactical and Mini Mag ammo without giving it a good cleaning. In my experience the micro groove barrel like to be kept clean and the match chamber is affected by the carbon ring much quicker that a standard chamber.
CCI copper washed bullets still shoot very well but so does the SV if I run a few patches dampened with acetone every couple of hundred rounds.
My first indication of a bore getting fouled is the first shot off to the left about 1/2". Clean it good and 5 or so shots later it's back in the groove.
I shot CCI standard velocity for starters which was 6 inch groups or larger, i also shot some SK match ammo that did the best at about an inch to 2 inches. I also shot some geco and aguila that fell in the middle of the other 2. For comparison all of those will shot well under .5 inch groups often 3/8 with my 10/22's built with green mountain barrels. All my testing was done with a Mueller 8-32 scope as well not the one that came in the package. I second that the fit and finish are absolutely top notch easily one of my favorite guns in terms of actually shooting it.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk
Old 07-11-2019, 10:30 PM
jackkade

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Sorry that I have not come back with an update Range Report. Truth is, I'm awaiting
cataract surgery and currently cannot see will enough to do any serious range work.
Surgery is scheduled for July 23 (left) eye and July 30 (right). I have made the decision to get corrected lenses implanted. Hopefully this will end 69 yrs of wearing thick lens glasses. Hopefully a Range Report by mid August.
Jack
Old 07-11-2019, 10:57 PM
Dean1151

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Jackkade

Will be awaiting your return the the target range and report. As for the eyes. Did the same thing 3 yrs ago with a laser touch up on one eye because of an air/water bubble. I now see great. My wife will be doing the laser correction for both eyes. All covered by medical it is / was deemed Medical surgery. Approx 50% need the extra so dont fret. It all gets better. I surmize you will be pleased. I now shoot bulleye .22 at 50 ft w/irons after 40+ yrs of glasses. Hope all goes well. Dont forget the reports, I am looking forward to your progress. Randy
Old 07-12-2019, 09:17 AM
jackkade

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Thank you Randy, that is good news.
Jack