Is your SA-22 trigger good ? - Page 2 - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 04-14-2019, 10:44 AM
buckweet
US Navy Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)

Shooting my shorts only yesterday..
Bloody little thing is getting better and better.
I love how it handles. Trigger is nice and smooth.
Never misses a beat. She's getting broken in now.
Just one fine super slick little Rifle.
Old 04-19-2019, 12:51 AM
buckweet
US Navy Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
Still getting better...😁
Old 05-14-2019, 01:03 PM
varmit hunter67
US Army Veteran Law Enforcement Officer NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
M2HB & I are kindred spirits. I have owned mine since 1960. I bought it in a hardware store in Eldon, MO. a year after I got out of high school. I had gone off to college and some scoundrel broke into my mother's house. Stole all but one of my family firearms except one, and he apparently just didn't see it. I lost my little outboard motor and my brother lost his trombone and some other things.

When I saw it in the hardware store I couldn't buy it quickly enough. The firearm I didn't lose was a Remington Mdl 24 bought by my paternal grandfather and the one I shot on the farm until I had to retire it in 1955. The action wasn't able to stand up to HV ammunition. I replaced it with a Win 62 pump, which in my opinion is the second best rifle ever made. It was also one of the weapons I lost.

I had it out a few weeks ago and shot a couple boxes of ammo though it. I have a Nikon 3x9 EFR target dot with AO on it now and it is a shooter. I was shooting at 50 yards with some of my bolt actions when I pulled it out. I had a 2 inch bull on a target board I hadn't shot at yet so that was my target. I just pulled up on it and took a shot. I couldn't see a hole! I finally walked down there to see where I hit. I had put the round dead center through the black diamond in the bull.

I rested the rifle over my arm and just finished off the magazine when I got back up to my pickup. I wasn't hurrying my shots, but at the same time I kind of imagined it was a squirrel's head. I ate that bull up.

What a sweet rifle.
[email protected] yds.jpg

The round off target at 10 o'clock was not from the ATD.

VH
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-13-2019, 01:48 PM
brosteve

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
First thing I did with my SA22 was burnish some Boron Nitride into the sear surfaces. Man is it smooth now and about 1/2 lb lighter pull than before. I too would put a sling on mine if I could find a barrel mounted clamp for the hex barrel.
Old 06-13-2019, 03:30 PM
lizardtrack
US Army Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by brosteve View Post
First thing I did with my SA22 was burnish some Boron Nitride into the sear surfaces. Man is it smooth now and about 1/2 lb lighter pull than before. I too would put a sling on mine if I could find a barrel mounted clamp for the hex barrel.
What is Boron Nitride? Thanks
Old 06-13-2019, 03:34 PM
lizardtrack
US Army Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by brosteve View Post
What is Boron Nitride?
Old 06-13-2019, 05:14 PM
US Marines NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (5)
Depending on crystal form it can be a lubricant or an abrasive Lizardtrack. Cubic boron nitride is the abrasive form. Here's an example, and for reference 1/4 micron is about 100,000 grit. They show as coarse as 20 micron (900 grit +/-)

https://www.amazon.com/Stropping-Com...gateway&sr=8-1

Frank
Old 06-16-2019, 02:43 PM
I6turbo
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (5)
The trigger on my 1970 model is good in the most important ways to me -- no creep, breaks cleanly, and not too heavy. It's heavier than my bolt action guns (that I tend to adjust down to a pretty light setting) but it's not heavy enough to hinder accuracy in a gun like the SA-22, and not enough to make me think "I need to improve the trigger" while shooting it. All in all, good to go.

That said, the gun would be even more awesome if it had a Medalist trigger in it.