New to me Walther! - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 11-18-2017, 02:13 PM
orkan
US Army Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
New to me Walther!

Have a gander at what I found. I'm not an expert on Walther's, so I'm hoping you all can confirm for me. This appears to be a Walther Running Boar 500. It's in beautiful condition and shoots in the .2's and .3's. I couldn't be happier.

Oh... and if you have any idea of the value of this thing I'd appreciate that info. I know I got a deal on it, I'm just trying to figure out how much of a deal. In fact, I'd love to hear any and all information surrounding this firearm. When it was made would be of particular interest.

Last edited by orkan; 11-18-2017 at 02:27 PM.
Old 11-18-2017, 02:54 PM
Tomcat21
NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
100% (6)
Can't tell you anything about it, but that is a fine looking rifle. Shoot it and enjoy it....
Old 11-18-2017, 02:59 PM
gkcs

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
V nice. Your rifle is a Modell UIT-Laufende Scheibe.

If you haven't already seen this thread https://www.rimfirecentral.com/forums...=1#post9870242 South Pender has posted the manual that covers yours along with most of the other models.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-18-2017, 03:57 PM
orkan

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Interesting... I did see that, however the rifle in the manual listed has round pillars beneath the comb. Mine has a single wood pillar such as seen here:

http://www.panzer.cz/cs/malorazky/21...500-22-lr.html

That website as well as others indicate mine is a Running Boar 500. Though being a novice in walther history, I cannot be certain.
Old 11-18-2017, 04:23 PM
Penage Guy

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
That's a great looking Running Target (or Running Boar, whichever name suits) rifle.
It appears to be without the barrel weights at the end of the barrel that other Walther Running Target rifles have (Anschutz have them also).
Attached Images
File Type: jpg thumbnail_IMG_0090.jpg (182.1 KB, 4 views)
Old 11-19-2017, 11:03 AM
orkan

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
When I loosen the screw beneath the comb of the stock, I can then raise the cheek piece... however, it will not stay up. Am I meant to put some custom spacers of the correct height beneath the wood pillar?
Old 11-19-2017, 05:24 PM
Penage Guy

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by orkan View Post
When I loosen the screw beneath the comb of the stock, I can then raise the cheek piece... however, it will not stay up. Am I meant to put some custom spacers of the correct height beneath the wood pillar?
It won't stay up after retightening the screw when the cheek piece is at the desired height?
Old 11-19-2017, 06:22 PM
orkan

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Penage Guy View Post
It won't stay up after retightening the screw when the cheek piece is at the desired height?
No. When I loosen the hex screw in the bottom, it loosens, I can then pull the cheek piece up... but if I let go it just falls back down and the hex screw will stick out the bottom.
Old 12-01-2017, 07:11 PM
orkan

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)

The trigger is solid competition to the 5018 in my 54.18 anschutz rifles. Insanely clean breaking, nice and light. It is a bit different in setup, which is kind of neat in its own right. It can be setup as a single stage, or a quasi-two stage. It's a bit difficult to describe, as you can set it up as a single stage, or you can introduce "travel" before you break the single stage. This pre-travel is not creep, but rather slack in the trigger before it breaks. If you dial the pre-travel screw all the way down, it will behave as a normal single stage. The pull weight screw only seems to adjust the pre-travel, so if you have it setup as a single stage, its about an 8oz trigger. If you set it up with pre-travel, and have the pull weight all the way up, you'll take up the first stage and because the pull weight matches the force required to break it, it will just fire. Quite interesting. If you reduce the pull weight, you can feel the second stage, just barely.

I've had quite a lot of fun researching and learning about this rifle. They are so wildly rare, but luckily walther used many of the same parts on other more widely known rifles. It is certainly a unique configuration however. I normally outfit my coveted rimfires with high end variables such as S&B's, but for this one I decided to use a Weaver T6 fixed 6x with a super-fine x-hair with a target dot. Quite a lot of fun, and quite different than what I'm accustomed to. ... which is probably why it's fun.
Old 12-07-2017, 01:21 PM
orkan

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Upon further investigation, it would appear I have a Walther Moving Target model rather than Running Boar.

Old 12-07-2017, 02:36 PM
1917-1911M
US Army Veteran

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Either way....it is a beautiful rifle. 1917