Dawson Precision Sights on GSG 1911 22 - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 11-15-2017, 08:24 AM
vet6771
US Air Force Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Dawson Precision Sights on GSG 1911 22

I want to replace the factory sights on my GSG 1911 22 with Dawson Precision sights. I have seen various posts that the GSG doesn't have true Novak dovetails and use a proprietary cut. There have been posts about doing a little "fine tuning" of the sights to get them to fit, etc. Would someone out there that has put the DP sights on the GSG 1911 22 please tell me how much filing (if any) is needed and what the best file to use is?
Old 11-18-2017, 08:27 AM
wildbill

TPC Rating: 
100% (6)
I don't own a GSG but I did do this to a Walther, process should be similar. Here is a link to the post https://www.rimfirecentral.com/forums...d.php?t=533071

Main thing to remember is to modify the part, not the slide.
Old 11-18-2017, 09:32 AM
iron85

TPC Rating: 
100% (39)
Wild bill speaks it true. Dawson is great to deal with. I have an XD 9 that they built and itís awesome. Replaced itís factory sights with a set of their tritium night sighs. Canít say enough good things about them.
Iron
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-18-2017, 09:14 PM
vet6771

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Thanks for the reply and the info wildbill. That's one sweet looking pistol in the link.
Old 11-18-2017, 09:15 PM
vet6771

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by iron85 View Post
Wild bill speaks it true. Dawson is great to deal with. I have an XD 9 that they built and itís awesome. Replaced itís factory sights with a set of their tritium night sighs. Canít say enough good things about them.
Iron
Seems everyone says the same thing about DP. I guess I should just go with their sights and follow their advice/instructions.
Old 11-19-2017, 01:04 AM
wildbill

TPC Rating: 
100% (6)
Quote:
Originally Posted by vet6771 View Post
Thanks for the reply and the info wildbill. That's one sweet looking pistol in the link.
Thanks, so far its been 100% reliable.
Just wanted to say the rear sight is not from Dawson. Theirs are fixed and I wanted an adjustable so I got it from Midway, link to it is in the install thread if you want an adjustable sight.
Heres a tip, if your pistol is hitting point of aim vertically lay a straight edge across the top of the slide resting on the front and rear sights. Take a dial caliper and measure the height as close to each sight and write it down. This way after you install the new rear sight you can measure it and see if its higher or lower than the factory one then add or subtract that amount to get your front sight height correct so you keep the same line of sight.