Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 09-21-2017, 10:25 AM
CZ_islandguy

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
KKJ-T front sight adapter questions...

Hello,
I have just acquired a KKJ-T (1967 mfg) and would like to learn more about the front globe sight. The sight came with one post insert that had cross-hairs soldered onto it. I have ordered a set of Lee Shaver inserts that I believe will fit the sight, but would like to add an eagle-eye .5 diopter lens to it. Do any of you know if there are adapters available that would allow me to attach an M18 lens holder to the Walther sight? Also, in case I have to have one custom-made, does anyone know the thread size(s) used on this particular Walther sight?
Thanks in advance
https://www.rimfirecentral.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=107033&stc=1&d=1506003 812
https://www.rimfirecentral.com/forums...1&d=1506003812
https://www.rimfirecentral.com/forums...1&d=1506003812

Attached Images
File Type: jpg WaltherFront_01.jpg (361.4 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg WaltherFront_02.jpg (336.3 KB, 79 views)
File Type: jpg WaltherInsert_01.jpg (299.8 KB, 77 views)
Old 09-21-2017, 11:15 AM
Andyd
Veteran

TPC Rating: 
100% (24)
You will need a double ended Walther sight, one that has threads in front for the eagle eye. Iit is pretty rare to find a conversion block for the Walther rifles to fit an Anschutz globe, they are usually risers that will require an additional riser for the rear sight.

This is the sight that you would need but shipping to B.C. is a hassle.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/253116181418...84.m1558.l2649

Last edited by Andyd; 09-21-2017 at 11:25 AM.
Old 09-21-2017, 06:14 PM
CZ_islandguy

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andyd View Post
You will need a double ended Walther sight, one that has threads in front for the eagle eye. Iit is pretty rare to find a conversion block for the Walther rifles to fit an Anschutz globe, they are usually risers that will require an additional riser for the rear sight.

This is the sight that you would need but shipping to B.C. is a hassle.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/253116181418...84.m1558.l2649
Thanks for the info Andy, PM sent to you
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-22-2017, 01:01 AM
Andyd
Veteran

TPC Rating: 
100% (24)
Ken,

I was just thinking what I would do, if I were in your stead. So, I looked at a couple of Walther front sights and their base and compared them to an Anschütz front sight with the old rail base that was attached by two screws.

First off, your front sight is not an origianl Walther front sight, the clamping claw and bolt are Anschütz style. I can fit a wider Anschutz front sight on a Walther mount but not vice versa.

If you want to keep the rifle original with Walther sights, then you will have to go with a double ended Walther sight.

Keep in mind that Walther front sight inserts are much harder to find than Anschutz inserts. All this would lead me to remove the Walther mount, or feed it up to fit an Anschütz globe. The Walther mount has one fixing screw and is a sleeve design fitting pretty tightly over the barrel. After removal, you just need to drill and tap the barrel to mount an Anschutz base and put the older style Anschutz globe on it. Inserts and eagle eye for Anschütz, as well as adjustable Gehmann inserts, are much easier to find.
Old 09-22-2017, 01:47 PM
CZ_islandguy

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Thanks Andy for checking that out, and for suggesting a viable alternative, much appreciated. I'm more interested in pursuing accuracy than in keeping the rifle original. I've not found any markings at all on the sight. At least I know now that it is an Anschutz-style. Decisions, decisions. I'm going to wait to see how it shoots with the Lee Shaver inserts before I commit to any modifications.
Old 11-19-2017, 07:46 PM
CZ_islandguy

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andyd View Post
Ken,

I was just thinking what I would do, if I were in your stead. So, I looked at a couple of Walther front sights and their base and compared them to an Anschütz front sight with the old rail base that was attached by two screws.

First off, your front sight is not an origianl Walther front sight, the clamping claw and bolt are Anschütz style. I can fit a wider Anschutz front sight on a Walther mount but not vice versa.

If you want to keep the rifle original with Walther sights, then you will have to go with a double ended Walther sight.

Keep in mind that Walther front sight inserts are much harder to find than Anschutz inserts. All this would lead me to remove the Walther mount, or feed it up to fit an Anschütz globe. The Walther mount has one fixing screw and is a sleeve design fitting pretty tightly over the barrel. After removal, you just need to drill and tap the barrel to mount an Anschutz base and put the older style Anschutz globe on it. Inserts and eagle eye for Anschütz, as well as adjustable Gehmann inserts, are much easier to find.
Andy, you were correct about it being an Anschutz sight. It is a Match 54 front globe (standard M18 size). I was able to find an M18 adapter and .3 eagle-eye that fit (and work) perfectly. I got the parts from Nordic Marksman here in Canada. They have a great range of M18 and M22 sight accessories.