Hindsight..Browning sa22 - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 07-30-2017, 10:37 AM
buckweet's Avatar
buckweet
US Navy Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

Join Date: 
Aug 2006
Location: 
missouri
Posts: 
5,241
TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
Hindsight..Browning sa22



Log in to see fewer ads
If i had found a browning SA-22 short only rifle years and years ago...

Do you know how much money I'd of saved over the years buying other guns ??
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 07-30-2017, 10:40 AM
DInghram
US Navy Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

Join Date: 
Jun 2017
Location: 
Kansas
Posts: 
665
TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Little gun

Have had mine for 40 yrs now. You are right, a pleasure to shoot.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 07-30-2017, 10:53 AM
buckweet's Avatar
buckweet
US Navy Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

Join Date: 
Aug 2006
Location: 
missouri
Posts: 
5,241
TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DInghram View Post
Have had mine for 40 yrs now. You are right, a pleasure to shoot.


Yes,,
Looking back.. i wanted one like my great uncle Thurman's

Many many moons ago.

But?
I didn't have it so bad..
Had my grandads old Remington model 572
Pump.
Carried that a zillion miles.

But always wished for a Browning.
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #4  
Old 07-30-2017, 05:27 PM
OldWolf's Avatar
OldWolf

Moderator
Join Date: 
Oct 2003
Location: 
NC
Posts: 
6,021
TPC Rating: 
100% (23)
I had hoped to get out to the range this pm to put a few hundred rounds downrange with my sa-22 22 short. It didn't work out. Other pressing responsibilities have to come first, no matter how much I want to be at the range...

I never could afford a Browning when I was young... my first 22 was a Ruger 10/22 that I bought while still in high school. In fact, had it at the range not too long ago. That gun is 42 years old now.
__________________
OldWolf
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 07-30-2017, 05:40 PM
alum572's Avatar
alum572
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

Join Date: 
Jul 2010
Location: 
Gopher state
Posts: 
4,531
TPC Rating: 
100% (44)
Quote:
Originally Posted by buckweet View Post
If i had found a browning SA-22 short only rifle years and years ago...

Do you know how much money I'd of saved over the years buying other guns ??
I had a Belgium one in LF when the receiver was drilled and tapped rather than the barrel like now. It was just average in accuracy (even w a scope) and was NOT a favorite when we road hunted gophers and shot out of the old pickup window. Those bottom ejected cases were hot. Fit and finish were first rate though,
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 07-30-2017, 05:40 PM
streetwalker
US Air Force

Join Date: 
Jan 2015
Posts: 
361
TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Any one know if anyone has done a .22short only conversion to a Norinco. ATD browning clone.thanks SW
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 07-30-2017, 05:56 PM
buckweet's Avatar
buckweet
US Navy Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

Join Date: 
Aug 2006
Location: 
missouri
Posts: 
5,241
TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldWolf View Post
I had hoped to get out to the range this pm to put a few hundred rounds downrange with my sa-22 22 short. It didn't work out. Other pressing responsibilities have to come first, no matter how much I want to be at the range...

I never could afford a Browning when I was young... my first 22 was a Ruger 10/22 that I bought while still in high school. In fact, had it at the range not too long ago. That gun is 42 years old now.


I too bought my 10-22 at the hardware store in 1976.
Still have it.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 07-30-2017, 06:01 PM
buckweet's Avatar
buckweet
US Navy Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

Join Date: 
Aug 2006
Location: 
missouri
Posts: 
5,241
TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by alum572 View Post
I had a Belgium one in LF when the receiver was drilled and tapped rather than the barrel like now. It was just average in accuracy (even w a scope) and was NOT a favorite when we road hunted gophers and shot out of the old pickup window. Those bottom ejected cases were hot. Fit and finish were first rate though,



Ha.. i remembers rabbits..
Us boys in the bed of the old 47 chevy.
Shooting over the cab..
Ate alotta rabbits.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 07-30-2017, 06:07 PM
buckweet's Avatar
buckweet
US Navy Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

Join Date: 
Aug 2006
Location: 
missouri
Posts: 
5,241
TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by streetwalker View Post
Any one know if anyone has done a .22short only conversion to a Norinco. ATD browning clone.thanks SW



Yes. sure its been done.
In fact , not long ago.. read a thread on somebody doing just that.
But?
If i remembers right..
The consensus was.. it was easier to just buy another browning in .22 short.
???

If your long rifle is shooting good.
I'm a thinking.. that's what I'd do.

Actually I've done exactly that.
Only because i didn't know that browning was making a shorts only again.
So now I've got both.
Short and long.
No regrets.
Love em both.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 07-30-2017, 08:52 PM
ivan

Join Date: 
Aug 2008
Posts: 
6,123
TPC Rating: 
100% (5)
Quote:
Originally Posted by buckweet View Post
Yes. sure its been done.
In fact , not long ago.. read a thread on somebody doing just that.
But?
If i remembers right..
The consensus was.. it was easier to just buy another browning in .22 short.
???
CDNN has had them on sale a few times in the past year, $400ish IIRC. Sign up for their deal emails...
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 07-30-2017, 11:29 PM
streetwalker
US Air Force

Join Date: 
Jan 2015
Posts: 
361
TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Thanks. Browning it is. SW
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off




All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:03 AM.

Privacy Policy

DMCA Notice

Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimisation provided by DragonByte SEO (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright 2000-2018 RimfireCentral.com
x