Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 07-17-2005, 01:39 PM
clint

TPC Rating: 
100% (8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sturgell
You can buy brass shim stock from several places including hobby stores and some hardware stores. For a few pennies and few minutes you can build your own.
Yep also

You don't have to have the shims, it just takes the side to side play out. I have built shims at work using a washer and fitted using a file, haha boss could not believe his eyes, I have used a file and sand paper to fit many things together. Get some shim stock and make them if you want.
Old 07-17-2005, 04:33 PM
m15a4

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by clint
The Volquartsen target hammer comes with the hammer spring and 2 shims that go beside the hammer to take some of the play out. The bargin bin hammer is just the hammer, also it's advised here on RFC to not use the hammer spring from Volquartsen but use the factory ruger spring, the Volquartsen has been know to cause FTF light strikes etc.

Hope this helps
The stock ones that come with the gun wont work with this Volq. hammer?

Thanks for the assistance.
Old 07-17-2005, 05:42 PM
clint

TPC Rating: 
100% (8)
Quote:
Originally Posted by m15a4

Yes those are more of a bushing that come with the gun, the ones we are talking about are shims like a washer that you add to the side of the bushingto take out some of the play
Old 07-21-2005, 10:34 AM
mrrogers1

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by m15a4

Yes all the factory parts do work just fine with it. I have one and it works fine. I think the cosmetic flaw was a casting mark that ran down the middle of the hammer. It wasn't very pronounced and after talking to the guys at Volq. I sanded it down lightly with no issues.

Jump on it, they are well worth the price and it sure is nice getting a %%%% good deal. The Bargain Bin is overflowing with stuff so get as much as you can
Old 07-21-2005, 11:48 AM
Fan of 22s
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I've ordered bargain bin hammers before online and simply added a note asking if they would include the shims. They did.
Old 07-22-2005, 01:10 PM
mrrogers1

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fan of 22s
I've ordered bargain bin hammers before online and simply added a note asking if they would include the shims. They did.
%%%%, and here we all thought we got a great deal, a steal of a deal, and come to find out you got the WHOPPER of a deal and we just got a cheese burger I wonder if they'll send them out after the fact
Old 07-22-2005, 08:03 PM
Cassings

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Isn't the difference between stock and volquartsen hammers "cosmetic flaws"
Old 07-23-2005, 06:12 AM
Orgnoi1

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
just got three of these... and they work awesome!!! best $67 I have spent in a long time...