Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 12-27-2003, 01:48 AM
ikkiecop

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Buckmark Rifle

I just recently bought a buckmark rifle in the target version and was wondering if anyone else owns this gun and what your experiences have been with it. This is the steel bull barrel not the carbon barrel version. I'm taking it out to shoot for the first time next weekend and would just like to know others opinions on the rifle and any problems that may have come up.
Old 12-27-2003, 04:16 PM
JKnapp
Emergency Medical Technician NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I have the carbon version. Works great. No complaints yet with 1000 rounds through it. I haven't shot at any paper yet so I don't have any comments on accuracy.

Regards,
Jordan
Old 12-27-2003, 06:58 PM
VictorLouis

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Red face I made the mistake today of actually handling one.

I always just gave it a passing glance in the catalog thinking it looked odd. Afterall, it was just something of a spin-off of their pistol line. I never bothered to read any of the posts here. I don't think I ever took notice of one on the rack at any dealer. However, while perusing other .22s today, the clerk handed one over to me. Now, I've come home and read every past post here, and I'm lusting for the Sporter!

I just can't get over the fact that it's around twice the price of their pistols, and double that of the average, plinker-grade .22 out there.

Does the forend attach directly to the barrel, or is it connected to some sort of frame extension which allows for the barrel to float?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-27-2003, 08:08 PM
steve-in-kville

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I have the synthetic target rifle added to my wishlist. I have one of the pistols, the "Field" model with bull barrel and scope rail. I also can't seem to understand why the rifle is $200 more than the pistol, especially when its the same receiver and all.

steve
Old 12-27-2003, 08:59 PM
ikkiecop

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
buckmark rifle forend

It looks like the forend of the buckmark rifle is attached directly to the barrel so no, the barrel is not floating.

I was also curious about the price increase over the pistol but after holding the buckmark and looking at other .22's I just kept coming back to the buckmark...to me it just feels a lot better than a comparable 10/22...plus everyone has a 10/22 and I thought the buckmark was a little more original.

Also, does anyone have any suggestions on what ammo the buckmark likes? I'll mainly be using it for plinking/target and once in a while for small game.

Thanks,
Ryan
Old 12-27-2003, 10:20 PM
PlumberjimC

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I have the steel bull barrel and it seems to like CCI MiniMags real well. I have a TC Classic which is probably the most accurate .22 semi right out of the box I've ever seen. (The TC will give some pretty good bolt guns and after-market loaded 10-22s stiff competition.) But the Browning runs a real close second. I've only had a red dot on it, so I don't know what it will do at 100yds, but at 50 and down, its super.

Yes, both the Browning and the TC cost significantly more than most plinker grade rifles, but compared to a 10-22, well, there's no comparison. Like half the world, had the Ruger first, then the TC, but after getting the Browning, I traded my partially tricked-out SS/Syn Ruger on a S&W K22 Model 17. Had no need for three .22 autos, especially one that the other two out shot.

Like the TC, you'll have to keep the Browning cleaner than a 10-22, but then with the tolerances the Ruger has, what do you expect. The great advantage of a 10-22 is just that, they will shoot, no matter what you do (or not do) to them -- almost.

As stiff as the steel bull barrel is, I doubt screwing the forend directly to it has any effect at all, at least none that could be seen in the real world.

Get one!
Old 06-17-2004, 02:45 PM
MNJON

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
I love it!

Got to shoot my Buddies Steel Bull BBL model right before I left for Russia (living here for awhile on the Black Sea)... anyway... I had never handled one... I have hsots literally hundreds of thousands of 22 ammo through many many differant 22's... I absolutely LOVE the way this rifle feels... it is so nice to handle and his drives tacks at 100 yards even... Nice handy and fast shooting little gun. When I get back..it's the first on my wish list!! No doubt about it.

Jon
Old 06-19-2004, 06:08 PM
BBill

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I have the sporter version and it is absolutely the most fun gun I've ever shouldered. I have a red dot on it and its a lightweight, fast pointing carbine.
The pistol grip makes it easy to cary and I love the feel of this unique carbine.
I think almost anyone who shoots one will be hooked. Can't think of a .22 I'd rather have in the field trying to hit running rabbits.
On paper I can shoot about 1 shot a second and keep the rounds in a tight 1 inch group at 25 yds. This is one entertaining gun to shoot.
Bill