Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 01-30-2013, 10:11 AM
ditto1958
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
No more silver 10/22 trigger assemblies?

Saw a YouTube video where a guy was showing how to put a scope on a 10/22. It had a synthetic stock, SS barrel and had a silver trigger and barrel band. Rugers current catalog shows it with black trigger and barrel band.

My 22 inch stainless model 1149 is pictured by Ruger with a silver trigger, but mine came with a black one.

Has Ruger stopped making silver 10/22 trigger assemblies? If so, how long ago?
Old 01-30-2013, 10:31 AM
COBrien
NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
According to the Ruger tech I spoke with last week, Ruger stopped making silver trigger housings when they switched to polymer -- about 2007, IIRC.

However, I've seen one "silver" (read: light gray) polymer trigger housing on eBay that appeared to have a gray polymer trigger and gray OE extended mag release. I kick myself for not buying it, but I was insistent on having an aluminum housing (ended up with a gray painted aluminum housing -- gray polymer would have looked better anyway...).

Numrich Gun Parts shows a listing for a gray/silver polymer trigger housing, but they're apparently out of stock and have no idea if/when they'll be available again.
Old 01-30-2013, 10:36 AM
PGT

TPC Rating: 
100% (7)
I just sold a grey trigger pack on eBay that I came on a "stainless" model for $209 at Buds a couple of years back (2011 I think....poly). It looked identical to the 10/22RB model I bought from Dicks Sporting Goods three weeks ago.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-30-2013, 10:39 AM
COBrien
NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by PGT View Post
I just sold a grey trigger pack on eBay that I came on a "stainless" model for $209 at Buds a couple of years back (2011 I think....poly). It looked identical to the 10/22RB model I bought from Dicks Sporting Goods three weeks ago.

That's the one! I'm still annoyed that I didn't pick it up...

That confirms my suspicion that the tech at Ruger didn't have a -- dern -- clue what he was talking about.
Old 01-30-2013, 10:53 AM
Larry in SD

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
My Son in Law has a Ruger K10/22T with the Target Grey Finish on the barrel and receiver that came with a target grey polymer trigger housing.

Larry
Old 01-30-2013, 10:54 AM
PGT

TPC Rating: 
100% (7)

I sold every bit of the RB I bought save the receiver. I also had a stainless barrel and a pink Yukon Extreme stock from the previous build. Sold everything and netted about $700. That paid for all my Kidd parts for the new gun.
Old 01-31-2013, 09:22 AM
dobber212
US Army Disabled American Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
My 2007 Ruger 1140 with a grey trigger housing and barrel band.

Old 01-31-2013, 09:50 AM
Loansharkx
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by COBrien View Post
That's the one! I'm still annoyed that I didn't pick it up...

That confirms my suspicion that the tech at Ruger didn't have a -- dern -- clue what he was talking about.
I have one of those grey ones. I was going to put it up for sale. I bought a Kidd 2 stage for my 10/22 VLEH and switched the black trigger from that to an "All weather" 10/22 that had the grey assembly.

So I have an extra trigger housing...in grey... and I was going to sell it. let me know if you are interested.