Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 12-14-2010, 08:44 PM
257r

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Pioneer 765 Bolt Disassemble

Hi Guys; New to the forum. Recently picked up a H&R Pioneer 765 and would like to know how to dissassemble the bolt in detail. I have had it apart more than once but i think someone has tinkered with it in the past ! Looked it up in NUMRICH parts book & dont see anything missing. The firing pin seems to really move freely in and out of the bolt and pulling the trigger there seems to be no spring pressure. Just a click. It hardly indents the rim of the .22 cal. Thanks for any info.
Old 12-14-2010, 09:14 PM
AZ22s
NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Send a message via Yahoo to AZ22s
After you remove the bolt from the rifle, I believe it twist apart.. I know is sounds funny but the rear of the bolt behind the handle is just a cover.. Might need to soak it in some penetrating oil if its been awhile..

Welcome to the forum

Last edited by AZ22s; 12-14-2010 at 09:21 PM.
Old 12-15-2010, 10:38 AM
OldWolf

TPC Rating: 
100% (23)
Been awhile since I had mine apart. I think #15 is threaded and it will unscrew from part #5. Maybe your firing pin spring is broken or weak. I had to replace the firing pin in mine when I first got it.

Advertisement

Old 12-15-2010, 07:04 PM
257r

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Thanks for the replies. Yes, its not an issue taking the bolt apart but looking at NUMRICH schematics shouldnt the firing pin be inverted so that the firing pin striker rides on top of it ??. The way its showing it the bolt will not fit back in the receiver??. I dont see that anythings broken but with the barreled action in my hand & replacing the bolt i believe that the trigger sear is overridding the protrusion on top of the firing pin striker. I believe i will call NUMRICH & just order all replacement parts if in stock !!. With your bolt removed does the firing pin slide freely back & fourth as in having no tension on it and is the extractor on top & the firing pin on the bottom? Thanks for your time.

Last edited by 257r; 12-15-2010 at 07:21 PM.
Old 12-16-2010, 01:29 PM
AZ22s

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Sorry about that, I misunderstood you. I will take my bolt apart and see if I can get some pics up here for you to compare to.. Ive only had it apart a couple times so off the top of my head I cant comment..
Old 12-19-2010, 11:07 PM
AZ22s

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
The photo shows the way the firing pin would ride with the striker.. That is the left side of the bolt you are looking at, Sorry about the fuzzy pics..

The firing pin does float free of the striker. Extractor on top, firing pin on bottom are correct. I believe the firing pin also helps with ejection so be careful extracting live rounds..

#17 in the numerichs part graphic is upside down just for reference.
Old 12-21-2010, 07:10 PM
257r

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Thanks for your reply. Yea; i thought something was upside down. As an afterthought i noticed that the bolt guide screw was missing. Maybe that was part of the problem????. Im going to order all replacement parts from NUMRICH.Thanks Doug.
Old 09-01-2016, 05:35 PM
grmotis

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I have an old pioneer 765 that belonged to my grandfather. Back in about 1976 my brother took it apart and lost some of the parts. It sat in the gun cabinet like that for many years. A few years ago I decided to see if I could bring it back to life.
I bought parts from e-bay and Numrich but I could not get it to fire until 2 days ago when I saw this post then I turned the firing pin around and BOOM! now it shoots as good as it did when it was new.
Thank you for posting that photo it helped me fix an old but dear rifle that means so much to me.