Old 11-04-2019, 08:15 PM
Bigbore
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
$50 Bore Scope

One of the members posted about these:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

He bought an "AnyKit" which was sold out so I bought the one that I linked to. There are a few different models and a half dozen copies of each, one $10 less and some much more.

I've fiddled with a USB endoscope, even made my own mirror but was not satisfied with the results. This looks good.

Here is the link from the CZ forum:

https://www.rimfirecentral.com/forum....php?t=1175555
Old 11-04-2019, 08:38 PM
Quick1
US Air Force Law Enforcement Officer NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
Bigbore, there is a recent LONG thread in the 10/22 barrel thread, I purchase this borescope based on it and a very happy. Take a look, lots of info there.
Old 11-05-2019, 06:11 PM
Bigbore

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick1 View Post
Bigbore, there is a recent LONG thread in the 10/22 barrel thread, I purchase this borescope based on it and a very happy. Take a look, lots of info there.
Found it. Thanks.

https://www.rimfirecentral.com/forum....php?t=1174213
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-06-2019, 01:25 AM
Off-target

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I recently bought one here (UK) and it is absolutely superb. The quality of the image is excellent, so for the money you can't go wrong.
Old 11-06-2019, 05:24 AM

TPC Rating: 
100% (105)
I tried a Teslong, which looks to the the same as the scope mentioned here....superb for the money....
Old 11-10-2019, 08:23 AM
Bigbore

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Duplicate post from barrel forum:

I bore scoped a Ruger OEM tapered barrel on video. The barrel is dirty and it is used for experimentation and practicing technique e.g., lapping.

One thing that I think keeps this bore scope from being a "10" is the light. I adjusted the light as low as it will go and it still casts a hot spot of light in the center of the frame. I will try to experiment with some schemes to diffuse the light e.g., micro diffuser ring of white plastic or coating the LED ring with something. For the time being I've altered the video with an Adobe video editor.

For your entertainment. The carbon ring(17 seconds) as well as normal deposits are visible. There is a significant lead deposit ~"1" from the muzzle which would be something I would red flag if I cared about this barrel. There are readily visible machining marks along the bore but macro photography tends to make machining marks look worse than they are in my experience. Notice the machining marks are not collecting lead like the anomaly near the muzzle.

https://youtu.be/RTa7sayDfhQ
Old 11-11-2019, 08:12 PM
Iowa Fox
US Army Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
That vid is enough to make me want to buy one
Old 11-11-2019, 09:14 PM
Bigbore

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iowa Fox View Post
That vid is enough to make me want to buy one
As is they are a great value but I want to see if I can do something about the light in the center of the frame so I'm playing around with a light diffuser made out of a spray bottle tube. I show what I'm doing on the third page of the Teslong thread on the barrel forum.

Here is a 2 minute video with a makeshift diffuser. It is a hastily cut piece of plastic tubing just sitting in the mirror trough so it wobbled around. I'll play around with it to see if I can refine it as time permits.

https://youtu.be/Ir48c2LYJ8c

Last edited by Bigbore; 11-11-2019 at 09:16 PM.
Old 11-12-2019, 06:09 AM
drewzter

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigbore View Post
As is they are a great value but I want to see if I can do something about the light in the center of the frame so I'm playing around with a light diffuser made out of a spray bottle tube. I show what I'm doing on the third page of the Teslong thread on the barrel forum.

Here is a 2 minute video with a makeshift diffuser. It is a hastily cut piece of plastic tubing just sitting in the mirror trough so it wobbled around. I'll play around with it to see if I can refine it as time permits.

https://youtu.be/Ir48c2LYJ8c

Sounds like a great idea. Please keep us posted.
Old 11-16-2019, 08:34 AM

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
I've had my Teslong for about a month now and am really looking forward to the improvements that are being discussed here. I can see well enough to know that I need to be a little more through on my own rifles but recently, have had the opportunity to look at a few friend's hunting rifles, big bore and black powder. They said that they had always cleaned them well but when I ran the scope down them they were shocked at what they saw. One black powder .50 cal. had so much lead in it almost looked like a smooth bore. And signs of rust throughout, especially at the chamber end. I'm seriously considering starting a little gun cleaning business on the side since I have already had more than a few ask me to "get them right". LOL. That may come next spring after I have had time to go through everything that is in the safe and it will probably take till spring to get them all like they should be. Anyone know what a real gun shop charges to clean weapons?