Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 07-03-2019, 10:39 PM
ScoobyDoo
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (17)
Ordered a T Bolt

I got it in my head that I needed a new 22LR rifle but I wanted something lightweight to shoot paper targets from the standing position (for pleasure, not competition). After researching posts and reviews for a long list of semis and bolts, I decided I needed a T Bolt.

That said, I wasn't sure which model I wanted as I thought the barrel of the Sporter might be a bit small in diameter (I shoot enough rounds per range session that thinner barrels start to get pretty warm) but I also thought the wider fore end of the Target/Varmint might not feel right in the hand.

Luckily, I had a gun store in my state (2-1/2 hours away) that had the Sporter, Target/Varmint, and Speed (synthetic stock) models in stock. Turns out, the Target/Varmint fore end did feel too meaty for my tastes and, while the Sporter felt better, it also didn't feel completely natural to me. For whatever reason, I liked the feel of the synthetic stock the best, even though I'm generally a walnut and steel kinda guy. I think the Speed is ugly with the bronze colored receiver and barrel so I couldn't see buying it (or paying the premium they wanted for it).

Thankfully, the internet found me one of the few brand new Mossy Oak Bottomland versions remaining - and it was being liquidated at $460 shipped to my FFL + a $20 transfer fee so I couldn't say no.

Like I said, I got it in my head that I needed to buy this rifle but I'm not sure if I'll even like it; however, at that price, I won't get hurt too bad if I end up selling it. It won't be here until next week but I'm hoping I like it.
Old 07-04-2019, 10:11 AM
dbuffington

TPC Rating: 
100% (9)
Hi Scooby!

I suspect youíll enjoy it very much =) One suggestion ...

Donít baby it. Unlike a traditional bolt, which calls for fine motor skills, the T-Bolt calls for a firm hand. Trying to close the bolt with your fingertips is an exercise in frustration. Use the meat of your palm order the thumb.

Enjoy!
Dave
Old 07-04-2019, 06:10 PM
OKNARF

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Iíve got a synthetic. Very pleased with the trigger. Great for 🐿s.....
Weaver 4-16, DNZ one piece mount, Silencer co. Sparrow.....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-04-2019, 09:12 PM
grg
US Army Disabled American Veteran

TPC Rating: 
100% (6)
I think you will like it.

Edit: just wanted to add as well that I love the magazine.

Last edited by grg; 07-05-2019 at 09:23 AM.
Old 07-04-2019, 09:45 PM
Bullpup-one

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Scooby,
I have the T-bolt in the A-TACS LE livery very handy, and suppresses well and yes It has a good feel to it. Mine has a clean trigger pull of just over 3 lbs, I just received the DNZ scope mount for it.
BP-1

Last edited by Bullpup-one; 07-19-2019 at 02:47 AM.
Old 07-05-2019, 08:49 AM
plumas
Fire Fighter NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
You'll enjoy it!
Have put 500 rounds or so through mine so far and the action continues to get smoother and glickier (is that a word?), anyway it's a good thing and a neat sound and feel to the workings.
Very impressed with the magazine and how it works, very simple to load with no spring pressure to tear up your fingers, you'll end up buying a few more as they're great to have ready to switch out.

You are one of the fortunate ones to have had all 3 models side by side to try out for feel.
Old 07-05-2019, 09:12 AM
dbuffington

TPC Rating: 
100% (9)
Does the Mossy Oak Bottomland version (say that three times fast) have the extra mag storage in the butt? Itís a small but exceedingly cool feature.

Enjoy!
Dave
Old 07-05-2019, 01:56 PM
TN Jim

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I got one of those last year. Has the extra mag storage in the stock and even an extra mag. Came with a 3.25 lb trigger which is crisp. I like their walnut but couldn’t see dragging it through the woods so went with the MOB model. Haven’t shot it much and need to go to the range with it. Handles nicely and really blends in well in the woods.
Old 07-06-2019, 08:51 PM
ScoobyDoo
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (17)
Thanks for the tip on cycling the bolt dbuffington!

I've already picked up Warne 2-piece bases and have given some thought to just sitting on the couch and cycling the action a few hundred times while watching tv to smooth it out. I've read a lot about the trigger and my sense is that people are judging it somewhat harshly - people often say they don't like the trigger but the only problem anyone mentions is the weight, which may not be ideal for some purposes but doesn't sound excessive. Browning has pretty good out-of-the-box triggers so I'm hopeful. Worst case, I saved enough on the rifle that I won't feel bad if I end up buying the JARD.