Tyrol Model 5022 22LR - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 04-18-2019, 06:21 PM
robinpeck

Join Date: 
Oct 2013
Posts: 
50
TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Tyrol Model 5022 22LR



Log in to see fewer ads
Tyrol Model 5022 22LR
Made in Kufstein, Austria
Proofed 1957
5 shot clip magazine
Double set triggers
Original factory mounted 2.5X Kahles scope w/Duplex reticle
Tyrol marked quick detach mounts




Last edited by robinpeck; 04-21-2019 at 10:19 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 04-18-2019, 07:40 PM
kaynine's Avatar
kaynine is online now
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

Join Date: 
Jun 2003
Location: 
On Top of the Blue Ridge Mt.s
Posts: 
1,364
TPC Rating: 
100% (15)
Very, very nice. I particularily like the double set triggers and the butter knife bolt handle. Seems like I didn't know what I didn't know until just a week ago when y'all started bringing out your Austrians:-)

Thanks for posting.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 04-21-2019, 10:23 AM
robinpeck

Join Date: 
Oct 2013
Posts: 
50
TPC Rating: 
0% (0)







Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #4  
Old 04-21-2019, 10:42 AM
jes

Join Date: 
Oct 2004
Location: 
western Canada
Posts: 
511
TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Very nice! By any chance, did you get that at the Calgary gun show? I saw one similar, but it was busy around the table and later when I went back I couldn't find it again. Would love to here a range report on it, I imagine it will shoot.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 05-12-2019, 06:28 AM
robinpeck

Join Date: 
Oct 2013
Posts: 
50
TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jes View Post
Very nice! By any chance, did you get that at the Calgary gun show? I saw one similar, but it was busy around the table and later when I went back I couldn't find it again. Would love to here a range report on it, I imagine it will shoot.
Yes, Calgary show. Range report in a couple of days.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 05-12-2019, 08:29 AM
simpletom is online now
Appleseed Rifleman

Join Date: 
Jan 2008
Posts: 
241
TPC Rating: 
100% (14)
A classic rifle on many levels. Set trigger, vintage scope, walnut stock and european style butter knife bolt handle! I hope it's a shooter!
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 05-25-2019, 01:36 PM
bon

Join Date: 
Nov 2007
Posts: 
47
TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I have a Tyrol 5022, with a 1953 date stamp on it. It was my fathers rifle and the first, and for a long time, only rifle i used. I am trying to renovate it a bit as it sat alone and unloved in a closet, buried under clutter for years.

Mine is nowhere near as upmarket as the one in the pics. Walnut stock, but fairly plain, in wood quality and shape, single unadjustable trigger.

It needs rebluing, which is no real problem. But it is missing its iron sights. Would anyone be able to do a dimensioned sketch of the sights ? That would enable me to machine up some new ones, the originals being long unavailable and the chance of finding used ones slim.

Thanks.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 05-25-2019, 04:00 PM
Gillis2's Avatar
Gillis2

Join Date: 
Sep 2013
Location: 
Canada
Posts: 
759
TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Very nice. Good on you op !

Gilbert
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 05-25-2019, 10:15 PM
Pete44ru
US Air Force Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

Join Date: 
Jul 2005
Location: 
Rhode Island
Posts: 
5,089
TPC Rating: 
86% (9)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bon View Post

I have a Tyrol 5022, with a 1953 date stamp on it.

But it is missing its iron sights.

Would anyone be able to do a dimensioned sketch of the sights ?

That would enable me to machine up some new ones, the originals being long unavailable and the chance of finding used ones slim.

Thanks.

With all due respect, you don't really need the original open sights or their dimensions if your machining abilities are up to snuff.

What I've done in every case where a rifle's sights have gone walkabout, AND perfect originality doesn't make a difference, is to install select off-the-shelf front/rear sights/bases from the various sight vendors.

To succeed at that feat, all you have to do is a little measuring of the rifle before making or buying sights/bases.

The end results should end up with front/rear sights that have tops that are in equal heights above the rifle's bore center line (where the measuring comes in).

BUT, the measurement above the bore C/L should be done with the rear sight in the middle of it's up/down elevation adjustment, to allow ample adjustment room for zeroing the sights.


.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 05-26-2019, 09:52 AM
bon

Join Date: 
Nov 2007
Posts: 
47
TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete44ru View Post
With all due respect, you don't really need the original open sights or their dimensions if your machining abilities are up to snuff.

What I've done in every case where a rifle's sights have gone walkabout, AND perfect originality doesn't make a difference, is to install select off-the-shelf front/rear sights/bases from the various sight vendors.

To succeed at that feat, all you have to do is a little measuring of the rifle before making or buying sights/bases.

The end results should end up with front/rear sights that have tops that are in equal heights above the rifle's bore center line (where the measuring comes in).

BUT, the measurement above the bore C/L should be done with the rear sight in the middle of it's up/down elevation adjustment, to allow ample adjustment room for zeroing the sights.


.
True, but i just hoped for a shortcut . The rear sight i recall was only adjustable for windage, and the elevation was changed out for different elevations. Anyway i will cut some steel and see how i get on.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 05-27-2019, 08:11 AM
Penage Guy's Avatar
Penage Guy

Join Date: 
Dec 2013
Location: 
Ontario, Canada
Posts: 
3,810
TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by robinpeck View Post
Yes, Calgary show. Range report in a couple of days.
This nice looking rifle is now up for sale north of the border. It's too bad there wasn't a range report.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 05-27-2019, 05:19 PM
USCGret's Avatar
USCGret
US Coast Guard Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

Join Date: 
Feb 2019
Location: 
Blue Ridge Mountains of Virginia
Posts: 
931
TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
That's a beautiful rifle.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 11-16-2019, 03:02 PM
robinpeck

Join Date: 
Oct 2013
Posts: 
50
TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Penage Guy View Post
This nice looking rifle is now up for sale north of the border. It's too bad there wasn't a range report.
Really? Who is selling it? Not me.

Maybe I should...


I haven't shot it enough to do a real "range report"...It seems accurate....shoots right along with my Brno Model 5 and Sako M78 FS.

Last edited by robinpeck; 11-17-2019 at 10:30 AM.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Browning .22 caliber Pistol Historical Timeline tuckerd1 Buck Mark / Buck Mark Rifle / Challenger I, II & III / Medalist / International Medalist and No 45 04-22-2019 11:35 PM
New CZ 512 22lr American Carbine billwunder CZ / Brno 6 08-28-2018 12:12 PM
Remington model 24 (22lr) pawn shop find! Arizona22shooter Remington 14 01-02-2017 10:29 PM
Added a New S&W Model 41 to the Collection rjferber Model 41 Pistol 9 11-19-2016 05:26 PM
H&R Model 66, 22lr revolver Rmasters3 Marlin - H&R - NEF 2 08-14-2016 08:21 AM



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:06 AM.

Privacy Policy

DMCA Notice

Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimisation provided by DragonByte SEO (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright 2000-2018 RimfireCentral.com
x