Tyrol Model 5022 22LR

Tyrol Model 5022 22LR
Made in Kufstein, Austria
Proofed 1957
5 shot clip magazine
Double set triggers
Original factory mounted 2.5X Kahles scope w/Duplex reticle
Tyrol marked quick detach mounts

Last edited by robinpeck; 04-21-2019 at 10:19 AM.
Old 04-18-2019, 07:40 PM
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (15)
Very, very nice. I particularily like the double set triggers and the butter knife bolt handle. Seems like I didn't know what I didn't know until just a week ago when y'all started bringing out your Austrians:-)

Thanks for posting.
Old 04-21-2019, 10:23 AM
robinpeck

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-21-2019, 10:42 AM
jes

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Very nice! By any chance, did you get that at the Calgary gun show? I saw one similar, but it was busy around the table and later when I went back I couldn't find it again. Would love to here a range report on it, I imagine it will shoot.
Old 05-12-2019, 06:28 AM
robinpeck

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jes View Post
Very nice! By any chance, did you get that at the Calgary gun show? I saw one similar, but it was busy around the table and later when I went back I couldn't find it again. Would love to here a range report on it, I imagine it will shoot.
Yes, Calgary show. Range report in a couple of days.
Old 05-12-2019, 08:29 AM
Appleseed Rifleman

TPC Rating: 
100% (14)
A classic rifle on many levels. Set trigger, vintage scope, walnut stock and european style butter knife bolt handle! I hope it's a shooter!
Old 05-25-2019, 01:36 PM
bon

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I have a Tyrol 5022, with a 1953 date stamp on it. It was my fathers rifle and the first, and for a long time, only rifle i used. I am trying to renovate it a bit as it sat alone and unloved in a closet, buried under clutter for years.

Mine is nowhere near as upmarket as the one in the pics. Walnut stock, but fairly plain, in wood quality and shape, single unadjustable trigger.

It needs rebluing, which is no real problem. But it is missing its iron sights. Would anyone be able to do a dimensioned sketch of the sights ? That would enable me to machine up some new ones, the originals being long unavailable and the chance of finding used ones slim.

Thanks.
Old 05-25-2019, 04:00 PM
Gillis2

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Very nice. Good on you op !

Gilbert
Old 05-25-2019, 10:15 PM
Pete44ru
US Air Force Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
86% (9)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bon View Post

I have a Tyrol 5022, with a 1953 date stamp on it.

But it is missing its iron sights.

Would anyone be able to do a dimensioned sketch of the sights ?

That would enable me to machine up some new ones, the originals being long unavailable and the chance of finding used ones slim.

Thanks.

With all due respect, you don't really need the original open sights or their dimensions if your machining abilities are up to snuff.

What I've done in every case where a rifle's sights have gone walkabout, AND perfect originality doesn't make a difference, is to install select off-the-shelf front/rear sights/bases from the various sight vendors.

To succeed at that feat, all you have to do is a little measuring of the rifle before making or buying sights/bases.

The end results should end up with front/rear sights that have tops that are in equal heights above the rifle's bore center line (where the measuring comes in).

BUT, the measurement above the bore C/L should be done with the rear sight in the middle of it's up/down elevation adjustment, to allow ample adjustment room for zeroing the sights.

Old 05-26-2019, 09:52 AM
bon

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete44ru View Post
With all due respect, you don't really need the original open sights or their dimensions if your machining abilities are up to snuff.

What I've done in every case where a rifle's sights have gone walkabout, AND perfect originality doesn't make a difference, is to install select off-the-shelf front/rear sights/bases from the various sight vendors.

To succeed at that feat, all you have to do is a little measuring of the rifle before making or buying sights/bases.

The end results should end up with front/rear sights that have tops that are in equal heights above the rifle's bore center line (where the measuring comes in).

BUT, the measurement above the bore C/L should be done with the rear sight in the middle of it's up/down elevation adjustment, to allow ample adjustment room for zeroing the sights.

True, but i just hoped for a shortcut . The rear sight i recall was only adjustable for windage, and the elevation was changed out for different elevations. Anyway i will cut some steel and see how i get on.
Old 05-27-2019, 08:11 AM
Penage Guy

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by robinpeck View Post
Yes, Calgary show. Range report in a couple of days.
This nice looking rifle is now up for sale north of the border. It's too bad there wasn't a range report.
Old 05-27-2019, 05:19 PM
USCGret
US Coast Guard Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
That's a beautiful rifle.
Old 11-16-2019, 03:02 PM
robinpeck

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Penage Guy View Post
This nice looking rifle is now up for sale north of the border. It's too bad there wasn't a range report.
Really? Who is selling it? Not me.

Maybe I should...

I haven't shot it enough to do a real "range report"...It seems accurate....shoots right along with my Brno Model 5 and Sako M78 FS.

Last edited by robinpeck; 11-17-2019 at 10:30 AM.