Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 11-01-2018, 06:06 PM
Schnable

TPC Rating: 
0% (-1)
Remington 6.5 Special edition

I found a rem 700 special edition 6.5 creedmoor in a lgs, I was wondering if anyone knows any particulars about these rifles. Are they of good quality these days, is Accurracy acceptable, do you think I should stay away from this rifle?
Old 11-01-2018, 06:54 PM
rjferber
US Army Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
One of the LGS has had a pair of Remington 700's in 6.5 Creedmoor, either CDL's or Limited Edition ( sorry cannot remember which ) both with absolutely knockout wood with one slightly better, both with SS action & fluted barrels . . . which I would pick and fondle, but always put back. Today when I was in the store looking around I saw one on the "Previously Owned" rack, but did not get a chance to talk with the rifle manager to get the background info. He is usually straight with me on why a firearm was traded in and if it's one that did not shoot right he lets me know to stay away as I am on his "good customer list".

Both of these were listed around $1K if I recall correctly - The wood attracted me more than anything. I will get to the LGS and talk with the staff about the one traded in and up date my post for what it's worth. I used to be a Remington guy . . . and still have a couple, but Cooper, CZ & Tikka have taken over the past few years.

Will update when I get a response.
Old 11-08-2018, 10:28 PM
Schnable

TPC Rating: 
0% (-1)
Havenít decided between this Remington 700 or a browning xbolt long range hunter. I hate trying to decide between rifles wish I could buy both of them. I hope cz comes out with a 6.5 creedmoor soon I would forget the others and buy it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-08-2018, 11:20 PM
rjferber
US Army Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
Remington, Browning, or Something Else

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schnable View Post
Havenít decided between this Remington 700 or a browning xbolt long range hunter. I hate trying to decide between rifles wish I could buy both of them. I hope cz comes out with a 6.5 creedmoor soon I would forget the others and buy it.
Not to steer you away from the Remington 700 . . . and I haven't been back to the LGS to talk with them about the one that was traded back in. Here are a a couple of other rifles to consider:

The Bergara's rifles made in Spain are actually a Remington 700 blueprinted action with their Bergara barrels (well known for their accuracy) and a decent piece of wood on the Timber model. The wood is not as nice as what was on the Remington's you reference but is decent and has a nice fit. I have a 6.5 Creedmoor in the B14 Timber configuration and really like it. I have also had a Tikka T3x CTR 20" barrel and can say it was a very accurate shooting rifle. I was getting ragged hole groups @ 100 yards with three different factory rounds. However, I actually traded in the Tikka T3x in on the Bergara as I really prefer a wood stock rifle and plan to use it for hunting. I have yet to get my Bergara to the range for the initial range session as I have been busy with other projects.

Based on the results of the Bergara B14 Timber range sessions, if I decide I want another 6.5 Creedmoor for target shooting later on, I will either buy another Tikka T3x CTR 24" barrel or Bergara B14 in the HMR configuration.

The Browning X-Bolt's are also great looking rifles . . . but I have no personal experience with the X-Bolts. Have fun doing the research and making a final decision.