Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 02-27-2014, 07:42 PM
HD_WRENCH
NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
100% (4)
south florida reloaders

I am fairly new to reloading and have only loaded about 500 rnds so far. My question is if there are any west palm beach or south florida loaders on here and if so where are you buying your supplies locally. I have gotten all of my current supplies off the internet and the hazmat shipping is killin me. Thanks Dave
Old 03-02-2014, 01:51 PM
pdbarab
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Dave,

I am not from south Florida so I can not help store locations. But feel your pain, I also live in an area that is hard to find reloading supplies so I do all of my purchases online.

One of the things I do is group my purchases to maximize my purchasing power to offset the Haz-Mat fees by separating the non Haz-Mat items and purchasing them later. Most online retailers will package up to 50lbs in one Haz-Mat labeled box.

If it is affordable, purchase all of the powder and/or primers you can up to the 50lbs limit. I you have friends that reload, group your orders. By doing this, the Haz-Mat/shipping fees will be more affordable.
Old 03-02-2014, 02:18 PM
OleFreak

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
What little selection of primers and powder I was able to obtain locally and not counting the gasoline burned in the chase still cost me very near the cost including all shipping and Haz-Mat fees of having a much better selection of OL stuff shipped to the house.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-02-2014, 07:28 PM
snederhiser

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Hello;
With the handle hd wrench, talk to the old bikers in your area! Steven.
Old 03-02-2014, 07:51 PM

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I find gun shows are a good place to buy powder to avoid the hazmat fees. I am in Miami,but there are plenty of gun shows in your area that should be a good source of powder. With that exception, I buy everything else off the internet.
Old 04-15-2015, 12:24 PM
Southpawstag

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
I no longer live there, but how about going to Markham Park gun range and asking those shooters where to shop. Maybe get a group buy deal going?
Old 03-09-2018, 09:00 PM
Bill R.

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
PBBARAB, If you happen to see this post please contact me. I saw an earlier post of yours and would like to ask you some questions. Thanks Bill R.
Old 03-10-2018, 08:17 AM

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Iím guessing you local Dickís has turned in to a shopping haven for soccer Moms? This is a real shot in the dark, but ask your local WM if they can order powder and primers. One here in Ohio carries powder, primers, some bullets and dies. At least they used to last time I was there.
Old 03-11-2018, 10:16 AM
US Navy Veteran

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Check out the prepper stores. Many of them carry reloading supplies, surprisingly at good prices. During the second Obama term, I was able to buy CCI primers at under $30/1000 at TruPrep.
Old 03-14-2018, 11:37 AM
TT92
US Navy Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member Appleseed Member Appleseed Rifleman

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
I lived in Broward County for six years. As a shooter, and especially as a handloader, it was an awful place to live.

Forget Markham Park, it is the center of the Fudd/Derp universe. Well, maybe not the center, but it's in close orbit. Ok, maybe not totally forget Markham, because there ARE some groups that shoot competitively there.

And that's the ticket - the competitive shooters. Wanna know how to save money on reloading supplies? Ask the guys who burn through a couple thousand rounds a month. They know the local hookups, if any. Don't know how to reach the competitive shooters? Google IDPA, USPSA, 3Gun, Highpower, etc. clubs in your area. Of course, you will need to shoot with them to get the 4-11... don't think you can just show up at some club's match and suddenly receive the blessing of all their knowledge, lol.

Also a lot of competitive shooting activity up near Okeechobee, or there used to be.

And after all that...

You will still find most guys order their supplies online, I don't care where you live. And if you are patient and diligent with your Google-Fu, you will find outlets that regularly offer free hazmat on orders. Natchez, Mid South, Powder Valley, and several others all do it a few times per year. Then stock up like crazy.

Try to join Hollywood Rifle and Pistol Club, it's the best club in SoFla. Your shooting will be a little limited because of the range limitations (i.e., no centerfire rifle, you have to qualify to shoot pistols, you have to further qualify to shoot pistols with barrels under 4", that kind of thing) but it's a good club with good people, and there are hookups for certain things... I was a member there before moving to Texas. It was sad to leave those good folks.
Old 03-19-2018, 04:07 PM
Plinkhead

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Space Coast Bullets (Melbourne) is close to me so I buy from them...been buying from them since the early 1990s. They cast bullets, sell reloading stuff and hit the big shows in Florida. I'm sure they still do the big West Palm show. My cousin used to live in Miami and place orders over the phone with them but get delivery at local gun shows to avoid shipping costs. They have WAY more stuff than shown on their web site so call.
Old 03-25-2018, 09:10 AM

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Today is the last day for free hazmat fees on certain powders at Midsouth Shooters Supply.