Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 10-15-2019, 07:48 PM
CZJedi
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
Help me pick a new semi!

Of the following, which would you recommend for a semiautomatic.22lr, with accuracy being most important:

KIDD complete rifle
Volquartsen
CZ 512
S&W 15-22
Something else (please explain)
Old 10-15-2019, 07:55 PM
TRG3

TPC Rating: 
100% (6)
In my experience, the accuracy of your semi will greatly depend on the quality of the trigger regarding pull, etc. Be sure you choose one that offers a great trigger or has replacements available that offer these qualities.
Old 10-15-2019, 10:00 PM
CZJedi

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
Well, that would rule out the CZ, but the rest have good triggers or can be upgraded.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-15-2019, 10:43 PM
98_1LE

TPC Rating: 
100% (17)
The Kidd or Volquartsen will be more accurate than a 15-22, but less reliable in my experience if you use 25 round mags.
Old 10-15-2019, 11:05 PM
Nick7274
NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
100% (11)
No question the Kidd would be my recommendation. They're the only one of the ones that you listed that give an accuracy guarantee.
Old 10-15-2019, 11:23 PM
Quick1
US Air Force Law Enforcement Officer NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
For accuracy in a semi-auto, not much out there will beat a KIDD and the triggers are amazing. As long as you do not mind spending the money for the rifle and a quality scope to sit on top, KIDD is the way to go.
Old 10-15-2019, 11:25 PM
Ferox34

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
sorry, couldn't resist.....

PETERBILT OR KENWORTH????
Old 10-16-2019, 08:40 PM
Tailwheel

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
For iron sights I really enjoy my browning sa-22s. Iíve not scoped one yet but they are minute of squirrel accurate for my tired eyes. When I was a young lad I could shoot carpenter bees hovering out of the air with dadís sa-22 in 22 short.

Patrick
Old 10-16-2019, 11:50 PM
Gizzy

TPC Rating: 
100% (149)
KIDD all the way. No others are close to a KIDD. I would choose a wood stock over any of the synthetics and it would have to be bedded. I've done several KIDD builds with KIDD barrels, triggers and bolts in a Ruger receiver, and they were all tack drivers. All sub 1/8 MOA with the ammo it liked.
Old 10-15-2019, 11:24 PM
Chaser
NRA Member - Click Here To Join! UotM

TPC Rating: 
100% (74)
Send a message via AIM to Chaser
Only one on your list I can attest to RUN FROM is the 15/22..

After many full on KIDD rifles I have not had one yet that I regret.. all Sub-MOA top shelf products.. Nun Beda IMO.
Old 10-17-2019, 09:01 AM
CZJedi

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gizzy View Post
KIDD all the way. No others are close to a KIDD. I would choose a wood stock over any of the synthetics and it would have to be bedded. I've done several KIDD builds with KIDD barrels, triggers and bolts in a Ruger receiver, and they were all tack drivers. All sub 1/8 MOA with the ammo it liked.
Do you bed just the action, or the action and barrel? Also, is the KIDD threaded barrel/receiver more accurate than a barrel attached with the v-wedge?
Old 10-17-2019, 10:15 AM
Quick1
US Air Force Law Enforcement Officer NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
My supergrade came from KIDD bedded in a laminate stock, action only, barrel is completely free float.

My barrel is threaded to the action, but KIDD is no longer threading their supergrade barrels to the actions, they are using their new bolt up system. You might be able to call and get a threaded barrel/action, but not sure on that.

But, my next build for rimfire challenge will use the new KIDD chassis. I am not really a wood guy and like the chassis look/fell better. Have you considered/looked at the new chassis?
Old 10-17-2019, 11:48 AM

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I've had a Kidd for a couple of years. It's a great rifle. BUT since I found CZ's, I have 9 of them, I find myself shooting them most of the time. You can't go wrong with either of them. Oh yea one other thing, you can get a couple of CZ's for the price of a Kidd.
Old 10-17-2019, 12:48 PM
CZJedi

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldNeatStuff View Post
I've had a Kidd for a couple of years. It's a great rifle. BUT since I found CZ's, I have 9 of them, I find myself shooting them most of the time. You can't go wrong with either of them. Oh yea one other thing, you can get a couple of CZ's for the price of a Kidd.
I love CZ. LOVE. THEM (hence the user name). I just have never been able to find a good accuracy report on the 512 in .22lr to be able to compare it to the other guns I mentioned (or even to the 452).
Old 10-17-2019, 04:09 PM
John45

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
Call Joe Chacon here https://www.abra.guru/ If you want a factory or similar type he will probably tell you to pick up a Ruger LVT and send it to him to "fix" it. Or you can send it to Randy at CPC and he can "fix"it. Joe did one for me and it has been a really accurate rifle and you can even use it in factory class ABRA matches if you want. You will have to do a trigger job on it as Joe doesn't do that work. Brimstone will have it humming for a decent price. I'm in mine for less than $750 with all the work.