Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 11-16-2021, 09:51 AM
TEDDY BEAR RAT
NRA Member - Click Here To Join! UotM

TPC Rating: 
100% (38)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arlon View Post
I have a few springers, my favorite is an old Diana Model 35. It was a Christmas present in 1968. I got to shoot that rifle every day for years. I still shoot it and nothing has been done to it. The but pad has gotten pretty bad but it still shoots as well as it did when I got it more than 50 years ago. There's a "time capsule"..
Talk about a time capsule, that picture could be my living room in the late 60s… same fake Christmas tree, same looking pictures on the wall, same looking HiFi, same window treatments, same candles on the HiFi, same furniture, same awkward young man posing for a pic for Mom. My parents never bought me anything shooting related for Christmas though. I had to beg for them to let me buy guns. My dad’s father was shot and murdered when my dad was 6 years old, and his big brothers were gonna make it right, so I understand the hatred for firearms…not sure how I turned out like this.
Old 11-27-2021, 08:07 AM
HoosierB17
US Air Force Veteran

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
I got back into airguns about 6 years ago when searching out a Benjamin 342 multi-pump and a Crosman 160 from my youth.
Then I discovered Springers... a few cheap ones at first, but when I picked up a HW-98 in .177 tuned by Whitefang / O.C. it was GAME CHANGING!
I am now completely hooked on quality Springers!
I have a vintage Santa Rosa R10 in .20, a R9 in .22, my FWB 300S is almost "boringly accurate" at 10M.
Just sold a C1 to a guy who wanted it worse than I did... and last week I bought a A.A. TX200.
But so far, my "smooth as butter" HW98 is still my favorite!

Old 11-27-2021, 02:41 PM
RawDog

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I like air rifles too

My favorite spring gun is the Huntington Beach Beeman R1K in .20 caliber I purchased new in 1994 or so. Paid the three dollars extra each, for Select Angle, Select stock and Select group. When new I bought the Blue Ribbon Ss-4L scope, but later sold it for a stupid amount of money $$$. A couple years after purchasing I sent the R1 back to Beeman in Ca for a Theoben gas spring installation and that is how it is currently configured along with a Weaver Varmint series scope. Iíve owned three R1ís total but will never part with my original .20 carbine.

I have had several Feinwerkbau 300s in stunning conditions. One, a match universal. I thought they were pretty accurate, that was until I found a mint Walther LGR match universal rifle. Granted it was not a spring gun, but a single stroke pneumatic. One stroke of the side lever and it would outshoot ANY FWB 300s. Too easy really. Google Walther LGR and learn how it dominated FWB300 and thus caused the reduction of the international 10 meter target size to the current standard. The LGR caused me to sell all the 300s I owned.

The second spring gun I currently own is a walnut stock AirArms TX200mk3 in .177 with Tony Leachís 22mm piston kit. Also a polished trigger assembly. Hawke Airmax SF scope. Everything about this airgun is BUTTER!! After all of the work on it, it is the only scoped spring gun I have owned that will put pellets through the same hole.

All of the airguns, past and present are/have been left handed as my left eye (was) my dominant eye. Unfortunately I donít really shoot them much anymore due to my vision in my left eye has degraded to the point that my right eye has become dominant 🙁

Pretty much pistol shooting for me now
Old 12-23-2021, 05:08 PM
RCrosby257
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Talking Sheridan Model F CO2

Have had, and still use, my "late '50's/early '60's vintage pump up Blue Streak.
Knew of, but don't recall ever seeing one of the CO2 versions. Thinking maybe they didn't make too many?
Anywho,
Somewhere along the line I picked up an owners manual for one of CO2 models.
If you have one, and need a manual, just post a pic and send me your address.
Merry Christmas,
Rob
Old 12-23-2021, 09:24 PM
David Valdina
US Marines Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

Barefoot Bay, Florida and Cape Cod, Massachusetts
TPC Rating: 
100% (4)
Rob, make a copy first.

Within 90 days of sending that off, you will end up owning a CO2 version. Make a copy for yourself first.
Old 12-23-2021, 09:52 PM
RCrosby257
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Talking Sheridan Model F CO2

D.V.
Words of wisdom if I ever heard any.
I'll do that. Thanks.
Could have used that advice many moons ago, but spilt milk and all such!