Old 10-19-2020, 07:41 AM
jam_ppp
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (6)

Another vote for the Bugbuster
Old 10-23-2020, 09:57 PM
Iowa Fox
US Army Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
How many guys here are actually running a Bugbuster? Would like to hear your honest opinions as the grandson is asking for one for Christmas. I hate to get him something that isn't going to work for him.

I just got a US optics TS 3-12 but haven't had it long enough to give an honest opinion on it.

Vector makes a small 3-12 at a good price point.

Gave my son a Leupold 2-7 and that thing is definitely not worth the money in my opinion.

A guy could go broke just trying the different optics looking for something small under 10".
Old 10-23-2020, 11:00 PM
Chaser
NRA Member - Click Here To Join! UotM

TPC Rating: 
100% (75)
Send a message via AIM to Chaser
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iowa Fox View Post
How many guys here are actually running a Bugbuster? Would like to hear your honest opinions as the grandson is asking for one for Christmas. I hate to get him something that isn't going to work for him.

I just got a US optics TS 3-12 but haven't had it long enough to give an honest opinion on it.

Vector makes a small 3-12 at a good price point.

Gave my son a Leupold 2-7 and that thing is definitely not worth the money in my opinion.

A guy could go broke just trying the different optics looking for something small under 10".
My now 15 yr. old has been on one for about 4-5 years.. he shoots all my nicer/bigger optic'd rigs but still likes his BugBuster for all-round usage (offhand/Vermin/plinking, etc).. however, on the Bench he is starting to get snobby and competitive and likes my 25x's for that

Last edited by Chaser; 10-23-2020 at 11:04 PM.
Old Yesterday, 11:48 AM
US Navy Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (260)
I have three of them. I bought the first on a whim for my air rifle, and found it impressive for the $. The scope is very compact, the optics are bright, clear, and sharp, the adjustments are quite good, with a focus range down to 5 yards! It will handle the recoil from a springer air rifle, so it's pretty sturdy! The second one is on a Ruger 9mm carbine, and the third will go on a new KIDD build for off-hand shooting. It is NOT a bench rest scope, but for off-hand shooting at spinners, etc., and plinking, I think it is nearly ideal.

I think your grandson will love it.

Doug
Old Yesterday, 02:07 PM
Iowa Fox
US Army Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
Thanks Guys. I'll give one a try.