I am thinking of getting a Ruger American rimfire target, should I? - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > > >

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 10-16-2020, 06:50 PM

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I am thinking of getting a Ruger American rimfire target, should I?

I am looking at the stainless. I would put a Boyds At-One stock on it. Are they any good? Is there a steel scope mount rail available for these? I have read some reviews that say they have extraction problems.

Last edited by moreguns; 10-16-2020 at 07:45 PM.
Old 10-17-2020, 05:22 PM
Cowpokey
US Air Force Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I have one, it shoots pretty good.

https://www.rimfirecentral.com/forum....php?t=1193645
Old 10-17-2020, 09:10 PM
mwagon

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I like mine . It sit's in a ProVarmint stock now with a Vortex 4-12 in Leupold Standard Rings 2 piece mount and a DIP comp. To fit it in the Boyd's stock I had to obtain a standard model rear mount block, the target has a deeper mount RAR Target top, RAR standard bottom, the Boyds stock takes a standard. I used the target stock for the standard RAR and the target went into the ProVarmint, with some barrel inletting. I do not know if the ATOne fits the RART barreled action and block set, but know it can be done. KM

Last edited by mwagon; 10-17-2020 at 09:24 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-17-2020, 11:26 PM
Toomany22s
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Are the recoil lug is the same size or are they different too?
Old 10-18-2020, 09:17 AM
mwagon

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Barreled actions are the same except barrel length and diameter. The RART uses sleeved action bolts and has a metal to metal action thru stock mounting.
I had a standard RAR in the ProVarmint stock, wanted a dedicated woods rifle and a separate target version so I bought the RART and swamped barreled actions. If starting with a RART intending to use Boyds and other stocks there is a need to obtain the standard rear block that is deeper or build up the inletting for the rear block. Obviously the ProVarmint barrel channel needed work to fit the bull barrel and the RART stock needed epoxy bedding the barrel channel to get a reasonable clearance. The rear blocks only differ in depth where the screw is. KM

Last edited by mwagon; 10-18-2020 at 09:22 AM.
Old 10-18-2020, 09:47 AM
Toomany22s
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Recoil lug is part number 48 ,the other metal piece in your pictures .Iím assuming that they are the same correct me if Iím wrong please
Old 10-18-2020, 06:59 PM
mwagon

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Nomenclature mix-up. I refer to that as the front block, and they are interchangeable. Apparent difference in the photo is due to the color. It is the rear block and magazine retainer that is different.
This applies to Boyds aftermarket stock, specifically the ProVarmint. KM

PS: Just noticed Boyds added a full line for the Target model so this may not apply, https://www.boydsgunstocks.com/product-configurator. km

Last edited by mwagon; 10-18-2020 at 07:10 PM.