Took the 782 for a stroll this past Sunday . . . - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 06-05-2013, 06:33 AM
j.r. guerra in s. texas

TPC Rating: 
100% (43)
Took the 782 for a stroll this past Sunday . . .

. . . and boy o boy was it ever hot ! Not only hot, extremely humid and the wind was hardly there - shirt was sticking to my sweaty body and I came out stinking worse than Jeffrey Daumer's refrigerator. Bleh! I had frozen a 2 liter soda bottle of water the previous night in our freezer compartment and I drank every drop of it as it thawed out.

No hunting involved, we were just strolling about inspecting the property, the recent droute was broken just a tad with approximately 4 inches of rain the previous 2 weeks. It was badly needed and needs a lot more to get it back to par, cattle ranchers and farmers are taking it in the shorts.

Old 06-06-2013, 07:53 AM
fataboo
NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
100% (13)

I like the rig you have set up, the scope looks good and the walnut looks a''ok.
Old 06-06-2013, 08:39 AM
alum572

TPC Rating: 
100% (50)
Looks like a good day though hot. If my departed farmer dad saw those pics of that country he'd say, "Looks like a lousy place to grow corn."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-07-2013, 06:48 AM
j.r. guerra in s. texas

TPC Rating: 
100% (43)
Quote:
Originally Posted by alum572 View Post
Looks like a good day though hot. If my departed farmer dad saw those pics of that country he'd say, "Looks like a lousy place to grow corn."
Lol, your Dad was a wise man, farmers down here are really taking it hard with our drought conditions.

I purchased that 782 here on the RFC For Sale - Trade forum below. You notice the forearm tip was cut short (purchased that way), I was curious about that until I noticed that when the stock screw is taken off, the firearm breaks down to equal length package. The scope is standard Bushnell Japan Sportview, a cheapie 4x 70's vintage that really was a bargain - they hold zero well.