I posted a wanted to trade ad. Critiques please. - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 06-13-2021, 09:32 PM
Etpm

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I posted a wanted to trade ad. Critiques please.

Greetings All,
In the trading post I posted a wanted to trade ad. I had two choices, trade or buy. I decided on trade first. This is the first ad I have ever posted to the Trading Post. I would appreciate any critiques of this ad. Not only how effective it is or isn't, but also how well it follows proper etiquette. Etiquette is important, I do not want to violate it.
Thanks,
Eric
Old 06-13-2021, 09:34 PM
Al the Infidel
US Marines Disabled American Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
A link to your ad here would get more responses Et.
Old 06-13-2021, 10:36 PM
Etpm

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Al the Infidel View Post
A link to your ad here would get more responses Et.
Yeah, that's just what I was looking for. I will figger out how to add the link and then post it.
Thanks,
Eric
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-13-2021, 11:38 PM
Signmaster
US Marines Veteran

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
https://www.rimfirecentral.com/forum...o=ad&id=265713

This should be the one. The only suggestion I would have would be to include a photo of the 66 you wish to trade. It can only help attract attention to the add, and it lets people know you don't have an old crap rifle you are trying to trade up with.

It's just a suggestion, and the fact that you made it clear you will take any photos desired is solid thinking.
Old 06-14-2021, 05:50 AM
StanHi

TPC Rating: 
100% (4)
One additional suggestion... put your name, phone number and e mail address in the ad. One reason is that not all viewers of your ad are forum members and do not have access to your links. Secondly, I have (several times) sent a PM or linked e mail to the seller and never get a response; like they never knew I tried to contact them. If I had your phone number I could call or text and know you got the message.
Old 06-14-2021, 06:24 AM
NoNewTricks
US Air Force Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (14)
Quote:
Originally Posted by StanHi View Post
One additional suggestion... put your name, phone number and e mail address in the ad. One reason is that not all viewers of your ad are forum members and do not have access to your links. Secondly, I have (several times) sent a PM or linked e mail to the seller and never get a response; like they never knew I tried to contact them. If I had your phone number I could call or text and know you got the message.
Personally, I wouldn’t do any of that. There are scammers cruising the adds all the time and that just gives them more chance at you without the admins knowing until it’s too late.
Old 06-14-2021, 09:21 AM
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (37)
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoNewTricks View Post
Personally, I wouldn’t do any of that. There are scammers cruising the adds all the time and that just gives them more chance at you without the admins knowing until it’s too late.

I agree. Do some PM's first before giving out personal info!
OP doesn't have much history with TPC either..............!
Old 06-14-2021, 09:02 PM
leenie
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I no a friend of mine who has a brother who nose a guy that might have one. I have one a pretty interesting firearm. my gun safe door took a big chunk out of the stock.
Old 06-14-2021, 11:20 PM
Atonic

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Is it Apache or Mohawk?
Old 06-15-2021, 09:12 AM
LtCrunch
US Marines NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (6)
Looks fine to me Etpm. It's an unusual request so I wouldn't suspect you'll get much play on it but you never know until you try. As an alternative selling the 66 outright on Gunbroker while prices are high and then converting the bucks into a Visible loader may be a more productive path.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StanHi View Post
I agree with Stan on this, at least provide an email. I have posted my email many times inside our forums and trading post trying to help members with uploading images and have never gotten spam or phishing responses.

Our private messaging system is clunky and doesn't work well for some members. Adding a simple way for interested parties to communicate with you is solid advice.

Good luck, the Visible loaders kept clean and operated smartly are fine and functional pieces of rimfire history. I like mine anyway

Frank
Old 06-15-2021, 12:15 PM
Etpm

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Thanks to all the good advice here I have updated my ad. It says the rifle is the Mohawk Brown model, made in 1981. I also added my email. I tried to upload 3 photos but they are too large a file size. I will try to fix this later. I can email them though so if you want pictures I have 3 of them. Of note is one picture of the receiver that shows 3 small rust spots. All the rest of the bluing is in good shape but there are these tiny spots that anyone interested should be aware of. I do not want to misrepresent this rifle in any way.
Thanks,
Eric
Old 06-15-2021, 12:23 PM
LtCrunch

TPC Rating: 
100% (6)
If you're on a Windows PC Etpm open each image with the included photos program. At the upper right corner you'll see three dots. Click that and it will give you a resize option.

Or send them to me and I'll do it for you [email protected]

Frank
Old 06-16-2021, 12:50 PM
Etpm

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
With lotsa help from LtCrunch, AKA Frank, I was able to get pictures posted to my ad. So if you look you will be able to see the rifle in its entirety plus a close up of the rust spots on the right side of the receiver.
Eric

Last edited by Etpm; 06-16-2021 at 01:15 PM. Reason: spell check strikes again! grrrrr
Old 06-16-2021, 12:59 PM
LtCrunch

TPC Rating: 
100% (6)
Looks good Eric. And for the right guy with an average condition Visible Loader I think that would be a fair trade.

Good luck with it!

Frank
Old 06-16-2021, 01:17 PM
Etpm

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by LtCrunch View Post
Looks good Eric. And for the right guy with an average condition Visible Loader I think that would be a fair trade.

Good luck with it!

Frank
Thanks,
Eric