Paypal not working still for memberships? - Page 2 - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 03-31-2020, 09:04 AM
lion
US Army Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by aztarget View Post
Best trick for now is do it as a recurring transaction it will then go through. And once it gets billed you csn go back in and cancell the recurring transaction
This does not work correctly either. The only two options are bank account or credit card. It is impossible to pay using paypal funds. If I wanted to use a credit card I could pay directly to RFC, no need to use paypal. Is this ever going to get fixed? My membership expires tomorrow and this is really disappointing. Wayne
Old 03-31-2020, 10:11 AM
Big Pete10
US Army Veteran

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
My experience with PayPal is don't, pay by other means or do without.
Old 04-20-2020, 08:44 AM
Ide
US Air Force Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I like this forum and my membership is about to expire. Opened a PayPal account just for this, but all I get is a prompt from PayPal saying something has gone wrong and return to the merchant. Really frustrating.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-20-2020, 08:49 AM

That Evil Admin Lady
TPC Rating: 
100% (23)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ide View Post
I like this forum and my membership is about to expire. Opened a PayPal account just for this, but all I get is a prompt from PayPal saying something has gone wrong and return to the merchant. Really frustrating.
What members are doing is opting for a recurring payment via paypal (auto renewal) then after the transaction goes through they go back and cancel the recurring part.
Old 04-20-2020, 11:07 AM
StevieNH

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophia View Post
What members are doing is opting for a recurring payment via paypal (auto renewal) then after the transaction goes through they go back and cancel the recurring part.
And, if I recall correctly, for recurring payments, PayPal requires either a credit card or direct debit from a bank account. It can't rely on stored PayPal funds. I expect that's because most users don't maintain a balance in their account. (This is from memory, which ain't what it used to be! If anyone can confirm - or contradict - I defer to the experts.)
Old 04-20-2020, 04:01 PM
syfr
NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ide View Post

It's not a problem with PayPal. They didn't get to be the worlds largest online transaction facilitator by having operational problems.

This issue with RFC was reported in 2012.

It's never been fixed.

John
Old 04-20-2020, 07:45 PM
Ide

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I read about the recurring issue in other posts. However, I did not see that prompt when I tried to renew. PayPal account is set up on a credit card. I think ( probably in error ) that I used a normal credit card approach the last time I signed up. Sure wish this problem would get resolved.
Old 04-26-2020, 06:09 PM
Ide

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
OK, found and tried the recurring tab. Seemed to work.
Old 04-29-2020, 11:48 AM
alum572

TPC Rating: 
100% (50)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophia View Post
I can't do this either. Had aztarget help me and the recurring is not highlighted so it won't work either. Bummer as my subscription runs out May 1. (Running a Mac w Google)
Old 05-10-2020, 09:12 AM
supersharp
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I was able to renew my subscription, but only going through the recurring feature .For some reason the standard payment option would not work.
Old 06-21-2020, 08:27 AM
US Army Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
I received the following notification from the RFC -

Your access to the paid subscription "Bronze Contributor" is about to expire.
If you have selected a recurring subscription you will be automatically billed for the renewal, else to renew this subscription you must visit https://www.rimfirecentral.com/forums/payments.php

If you do not extend your subscription, access will be removed.

All the best,

RimfireCentral.com Forums

Since using PayPal to pay for a subscription is the only method . . . I guess I am done as an RFC member. I will not give one more penny to Paypal as they cheated me out of $400 several years ago. There used to be an option to pay with a credit card . . . since that option is no longer available I can no longer upgrade my membership.

Thanks
Old 06-21-2020, 03:00 PM
CardPuncher

TPC Rating: 
100% (7)
I was able to renew by following the advice about a recurring subscription, but only after I had tried and failed with a 2-year renewal.

I guess you find out who the dedicated members are this way because anyone who gives up with what should be the normal amount of effort won't be able to renew. You also find out who is willing to use PayPal.

I bet RFC loses half its renewals until this is fixed and there is an option besides PayPal.

This site should be better than this.
Old 06-26-2020, 11:50 AM
hcaroselli

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Expired membership

I received an email saying my membership had expired. I would like to renew so I selected the option to renew for 1 year. I do not have a PayPal account so I was not sure what to do. I clicked the PayPal option anyway, there were no other choices, and was told PayPal isn't working.

Can I renew my membership without PayPal? Evidently I was able to do that when I joined in 2016 because I have never had a PayPal account.

I would like to renew my membership.

Please advise
Thank you.
Old 06-26-2020, 12:31 PM
Hawkeye57

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by hcaroselli View Post
I received an email saying my membership had expired. I would like to renew so I selected the option to renew for 1 year. I do not have a PayPal account so I was not sure what to do. I clicked the PayPal option anyway, there were no other choices, and was told PayPal isn't working.

Can I renew my membership without PayPal? Evidently I was able to do that when I joined in 2016 because I have never had a PayPal account.

I would like to renew my membership.

Please advise
Thank you.
Choose one year reoccurring and pay pal will work for you.
Old 06-26-2020, 06:14 PM
marvin02

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkeye57 View Post
Choose one year reoccurring and pay pal will work for you.

There are many of us who do NOT want a PayPal account. The question was hw to renew without one?

If you do a recurring membership you not only have to have a PayPal account, but PayPal keeps you CC info on file for the automatic renewal.

It would be nice to have an alternative CC processor or another method to pay.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Upgrade_01.jpg (82.8 KB, 40 views)
File Type: jpg Upgrade_02.jpg (23.0 KB, 40 views)