Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 05-25-2017, 02:19 PM
Nosnil22
US Air Force Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join! Appleseed Rifleman

TPC Rating: 
100% (6)

Billy,

Incredible results! Congratulations!
You mentioned that you have four 10/22s that are all shooting about the same now. Aside from your obvious skill behind the trigger, can you attribute the accuracy to any one thing in particular? Barrel, Stock, Bedding, Ammo?
In other words, is there a single, common theme throughout your collection?

Again, great shooting brother!

Cheers,
Dave
Old 05-26-2017, 06:18 PM
billysue
US Army Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosnil22 View Post
Billy,

Incredible results! Congratulations!
You mentioned that you have four 10/22s that are all shooting about the same now. Aside from your obvious skill behind the trigger, can you attribute the accuracy to any one thing in particular? Barrel, Stock, Bedding, Ammo?
In other words, is there a single, common theme throughout your collection?

Again, great shooting brother!

Cheers,
Dave
Dave,
Thanks for the compliments! If you want a single one thing, that would to never be satisfied. There are so many parts on a rifle that must compliment each other, you must focus on all of them. If I were starting over I would start with quality proven parts. My rifles all have Kidd 2-stage triggers. I have 3 with Kidd barrels and actions. One has a G/M barrel and stock Ruger action. I spend a lot of time testing ammo for real good lots.

I'm convinced that when I switched all my bench 10/22s to the Titan stock it really improved my guns. But that alone will not give you a tack driver. But it eliminates stock worries from the equation. Once you have a rifle that shoots really good, then you must work on the variables. Magazines, ammo, shoulder pressure on the stock, having the front rest and rear aligned, cheek pressure on the stock, not forgetting to return the rifle back to the rest stop after firing.

I know this is more wordy of an answer than you asked for, but my single thing would be to never give up or be satisfied.

Hope this is of some help. If you need more info just ask.

billy
Old 05-27-2017, 08:56 PM
oldrifleman7512
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I just finished putting together a new rifle for my son. Black titan stock with cheek riser, front pic mount with Larue QD bipod, Leupold 6-20EFR in Burris XTR rings sitting on a new black Kidd SuperGrade, 18" fluted barrel and single stage trigger. I used the Victor tang and it went in just right! My son is super pleased!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1329_1495936562963.jpg (443.9 KB, 30 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1328_1495936584350.jpg (255.4 KB, 25 views)
Old 05-28-2017, 04:18 AM
Nosnil22
US Air Force Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join! Appleseed Rifleman

TPC Rating: 
100% (6)
Quote:
Originally Posted by billysue View Post
Dave,
Thanks for the compliments! If you want a single one thing, that would to never be satisfied. There are so many parts on a rifle that must compliment each other, you must focus on all of them. If I were starting over I would start with quality proven parts. My rifles all have Kidd 2-stage triggers. I have 3 with Kidd barrels and actions. One has a G/M barrel and stock Ruger action. I spend a lot of time testing ammo for real good lots.

I'm convinced that when I switched all my bench 10/22s to the Titan stock it really improved my guns. But that alone will not give you a tack driver. But it eliminates stock worries from the equation. Once you have a rifle that shoots really good, then you must work on the variables. Magazines, ammo, shoulder pressure on the stock, having the front rest and rear aligned, cheek pressure on the stock, not forgetting to return the rifle back to the rest stop after firing.

I know this is more wordy of an answer than you asked for, but my single thing would be to never give up or be satisfied.

Hope this is of some help. If you need more info just ask.

billy
Thanks Billy!

Great answer and I agree with all of it. I've been getting into benchrest shooting more and more which has led me away from my 10/22s.
After seeing your results, I want to revisit and do more extensive ammo testing. Again, congrats on some great shooting!

Dave
Old 06-02-2017, 11:53 PM
lgjhn

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Got my FDE Titan stock in tonight. Very nice piece, for sure.
I've had another WhistlePig barrel laying around for quite a while now.
Gonna put it on a relatively new 1022 action and slide it on into this thing.
I suspect the barrel won't lay straight just like 99% of em don't, but as long as it shoots good, I'm ok. This rifle will be just for plinking and small varmints anyway so it won't be too fancy.
Will post some pics once I get it all together.
Old 06-17-2017, 08:42 AM
FALbert

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
I finally ordered a Titan stock and cheek riser.

My experience with the Magpul Hunter X22 stock was negative, even with the expedient rear tang solution. I like it, but it just didn't work for me considering I use to make ragged holes at 50 yards with Wold ammo and a Hogue overmolded stock. Best I can do these days is 1.5" to 2" with Federal Auto Match, and even then the groups randomly drift and experience more fliers. I am torquing the receiver screw properly.
Old 06-17-2017, 10:23 AM
Nick7274
NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
100% (19)
Quote:
Originally Posted by FALbert View Post

My experience with the Magpul Hunter X22 stock was negative, even with the expedient rear tang solution. I like it, but it just didn't work for me considering I use to make ragged holes at 50 yards with Wold ammo and a Hogue overmolded stock. Best I can do these days is 1.5" to 2" with Federal Auto Match, and even then the groups randomly drift and experience more fliers. I am torquing the receiver screw properly.

I just switched one of my 10/22's that was shooting lights out from a Hogue stock to a Hunter X22. I'm hoping it doesn't affect the accuracy. Haven't had a chance to shoot it yet with the Magpul stock. I guess I can always go back to the Hogue if it doesn't work out for me.
Old 06-18-2017, 10:13 AM
FALbert

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick7274 View Post
I just switched one of my 10/22's that was shooting lights out from a Hogue stock to a Hunter X22. I'm hoping it doesn't affect the accuracy. Haven't had a chance to shoot it yet with the Magpul stock. I guess I can always go back to the Hogue if it doesn't work out for me.
My mistake was selling off the Hogue before I ever shot the 10/22 after the winter. I may try it in one of my other 10/22s to see how it works.

There are many out there pleased with the Magpul stocks. Some report great accuracty, so YMMV.
Old 06-18-2017, 04:03 PM
supersharp

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:

Sounds like your problem is you went from Wolf ammo to Federal automatch .Any of my rifles with x22 shoot lights out with Wolf Ammo not a big fan of federal automatch .I have to say I'm also a big fan of the Hogue stock as well .Not a fan of the Titan.
Old 06-18-2017, 06:29 PM
JerseyRifle

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
Thanks for the info matinee review. I'll get back behind the 10/22 with the Hogue overmold stock.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
Old 06-19-2017, 12:20 AM
Nick7274
NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
100% (19)
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick7274 View Post
My mistake was selling off the Hogue before I ever shot the 10/22 after the winter. I may try it in one of my other 10/22s to see how it works.

There are many out there pleased with the Magpul stocks. Some report great accuracty, so YMMV.
I have a Kidd in an X22 Hunter that I get excellent results from. But that doesn't mean this one will.
Old 07-03-2017, 11:52 PM
nodak
National Guard Veteran

TPC Rating: 
100% (50)
After almost a year and a half I'm finally getting to my project with a Titan on it. It's a PWS Summit complete action with a KIDD 16.5 threaded barrel. I will say that I almost scrapped the Titan stock due to the wiggle it allows the action and the flex of the fore but I will wait to pass judgement till tomorrow after I actually use it. It feels good and looks good. Even shoulders well. Anyway, I hope I get over the flexyness cuz its a cool setup.
Old 07-03-2017, 11:58 PM
supersharp

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I had the same experience and immediately returned .It will be interesting to see how it works out for you, my problem was unless it's going to shoot exceptionally well I couldn't deal with the wiggle.
Old 07-04-2017, 10:50 AM
Michael Victor
RFC Sponsor

RFC Sponsor
TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by nodak View Post
After almost a year and a half I'm finally getting to my project with a Titan on it. It's a PWS Summit complete action with a KIDD 16.5 threaded barrel. I will say that I almost scrapped the Titan stock due to the wiggle it allows the action and the flex of the fore but I will wait to pass judgement till tomorrow after I actually use it. It feels good and looks good. Even shoulders well. Anyway, I hope I get over the flexyness cuz its a cool setup.
Hi Nodak,

Are you have movement in the PWS receiver when you wiggle the barrel? Like the receiver is too narrow for the stock?

MV

TITAN 1022 Upgrade now!
Old 07-04-2017, 11:06 PM
nodak
National Guard Veteran

TPC Rating: 
100% (50)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Victor View Post
Hi Nodak,

Are you have movement in the PWS receiver when you wiggle the barrel? Like the receiver is too narrow for the stock?

MV
Yes that is what I am experiencing. Tried used aluminum tape to tighten it but didn't like the result. I used it in the field today with much success. I'm going to give it the week of hunting.