Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 12-31-2016, 09:17 AM
timb
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Source for Klinsky Stocks?

With Denny seeming to have bowed out of being a supplier I wonder if anyone has found a new source for the Klinsky stocks he once imported?

I contacted Klinsky directly and they will sell a single stock to an individual, but first they only accept a bank transfer for payment (apparently common European practice) not any credit or debit cards, and second not sure if there would be any legal details or concerns importing a "gun part" yourself.

Has anyone found another US-based distributor or imported a stock their selves?
Old 12-31-2016, 09:26 AM
1dogdown
US Marines Veteran

TPC Rating: 
100% (20)
I'm looking for the same info.
Old 12-31-2016, 09:39 AM
timb

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
From what I've been able to find out so far, importing yourself can be done, but appears to at least require an ATF Form 6 (gray area if you can complete it yourself or have to go through an FFL for just a stock) in order to meet ATF requirements. I have not researched what further paperwork/permits may be required by US Customs.

It's probably not all that hard once you had all the paperwork figured out and filed, but starting from scratch with no experience with such a purchase it's a bit daunting.

Be great if an existing business that imports regularly would bring in the Klinsky line. Even if just a one-time group buy.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-31-2016, 09:58 AM
dnttech

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
IIRC....Ffournier just ordered a Klinsky stock. You may want to PM him and ask him which hoops he had to jump through in order to import it.

The only other person whom I could think of that may have any idea would be Djdilliodon.

From the sounds of it, Ffournier may be your best bet for up-to-date information.

Bob
Old 12-31-2016, 11:14 AM
NoNewTricks
US Air Force Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (14)
Fred talked about ordering it here:

https://www.rimfirecentral.com/forums...t=#post7735921

I haven't seen him mention getting it yet. Biggest rub I can see it the $50 EFT fee to wire the money to them.
Old 12-31-2016, 12:21 PM
mr.big

TPC Rating: 
100% (6)
I am sure glad I got about all the stuff I will ever need to keep my Ultra Lux and Model 4 going while Denny was still going,,and I hate it that the newer CZ shooters cant get it as easily as we could 3-4 years ago,,,I also hope that he has all the parts and pieces he has holed away marked so it doesnt get tossed out,,I bet his basement/attic would be a small gold mine of old world Brno stuff that cant be found anywhere else on the planet,,
Old 12-31-2016, 02:20 PM
FFournier

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoNewTricks View Post
Fred talked about ordering it here:

https://www.rimfirecentral.com/forums...t=#post7735921

I haven't seen him mention getting it yet. Biggest rub I can see it the $50 EFT fee to wire the money to them.
No it hasn't showed up yet. The guy's name I'm dealing with is Daniel. He sent me an email confirming they received the payment and that he was shipping it out. That was Dec.14. I emailed him yesterday asking if there was a tracking number or something but haven't received a response yet. As far as I know it's been shipped directly to me. There was no mention of sending it to an FFL, or any customs issues.
Old 12-31-2016, 06:45 PM
1dogdown
US Marines Veteran

TPC Rating: 
100% (20)
There are a lot of guys on GTA that order air guns from the UK without any problems. Not one has mentioned needing to fill out any forms.Some of the guns arrive in 7-10 days.I can see it taking longer with the holidays.
Old 12-31-2016, 07:48 PM
Penage Guy

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1dogdown View Post
There are a lot of guys on GTA that order air guns from the UK without any problems. Not one has mentioned needing to fill out any forms.Some of the guns arrive in 7-10 days.I can see it taking longer with the holidays.
I'm not sure that folks on GTA (Gateway to Airguns forum) are ordering from the UK; many have ordered from Krale in the Netherlands without issue or paperwork, and the airguns arrive, as 1dogdown says, in short order. (Their prices have been very good for the air rifles that can cost as much or more than a CZ rimfire.) If one can order airguns from Europe to the US without difficulty, surely rifle stocks should not be a problem.
Old 12-31-2016, 09:44 PM
timb

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Penage Guy View Post
I'm not sure that folks on GTA (Gateway to Airguns forum) are ordering from the UK; many have ordered from Krale in the Netherlands without issue or paperwork, and the airguns arrive, as 1dogdown says, in short order. (Their prices have been very good for the air rifles that can cost as much or more than a CZ rimfire.) If one can order airguns from Europe to the US without difficulty, surely rifle stocks should not be a problem.
Air guns (with narrow exceptions) are not considered "Firearms" by the ATF and are a completely different situation.

Reading the ATF regulations and guides to Form 6 it appears that "minor parts other than frames, receivers and barrels WITH a value less than $100" are exempt from Form 6. Which would appear to NOT exclude a Klinsky stock given the value.

It makes it sound like customs (if they actually inspect the package) will not release the package to you or your agent/broker (carrier?) unless they have your permit from Form 6 on file.
Old 01-01-2017, 07:22 AM
NoNewTricks
US Air Force Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (14)
I guess we'll know for sure when Fred gets his. I'm betting on no charges but hey, I've been wrong before. More than once as I recall but who's counting.
Old 01-01-2017, 08:01 AM
1dogdown
US Marines Veteran

TPC Rating: 
100% (20)
I'm calling the atf on Tuesday. Heck it's easier getting d#$%s into the country than a peice of wood.
Old 01-01-2017, 09:19 AM
9 fingers

TPC Rating: 
100% (37)
I got the forms from them a few years back, to import some magazines for a Brno, and decided it was not worth it. It may be worth it for someone else though.
9 fingers