Remington 541-S - Page 2 - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #16  
Old 06-11-2021, 10:09 AM
dbr65's Avatar
dbr65 is online now
US Navy Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

Moderator
Join Date: 
Feb 2008
Location: 
Far Eastern PA
Posts: 
6,197
TPC Rating: 
100% (274)


Log in to see fewer ads
I had a 513-S for some time, but for whatever reason(s), I much prefer my 541s and even my 581s (all three of which have been customized with new barrels).

Doug
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 06-12-2021, 04:05 PM
gunlover_06
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

Join Date: 
Jun 2006
Location: 
Southwest, Mo
Posts: 
1,218
TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
I’ve got a 541-THB that I’m honestly thinking of selling have a couple offers on it but just not sure I want to get rid of it.

And the 541-S I posted about is not something I have to have
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 06-12-2021, 04:46 PM
Lerrab
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

Join Date: 
Feb 2018
Posts: 
768
TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Well, you kind of throwed me off when you said you were thinking about getting the S to go along with the T! Made me think you wanted the S and was going to keep the T! Don't know how I came to that conclusion , do you? I guess you can pretty much disregard my answer. If this was all about selling your T which I think it was, just post it in the classifieds , no need for all of this extra! Or are you trying to get someone to talk you in to keeping it or do you just want everyone to know you have one or maybe drum up a few offers? I expect you thought you may make a few bucks on the S as well!

Last edited by Lerrab; 06-12-2021 at 04:49 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 06-12-2021, 05:23 PM
K22's Avatar
K22
US Navy Veteran

Join Date: 
Sep 2002
Location: 
North Carolina
Posts: 
2,475
TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lerrab View Post
Well, you kind of throwed me off when you said you were thinking about getting the S to go along with the T! Made me think you wanted the S and was going to keep the T! Don't know how I came to that conclusion , do you? I guess you can pretty much disregard my answer. If this was all about selling your T which I think it was, just post it in the classifieds , no need for all of this extra! Or are you trying to get someone to talk you in to keeping it or do you just want everyone to know you have one or maybe drum up a few offers? I expect you thought you may make a few bucks on the S as well!

Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 06-12-2021, 10:58 PM
gunlover_06
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

Join Date: 
Jun 2006
Location: 
Southwest, Mo
Posts: 
1,218
TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
No this wasn’t about me selling my T and yes I was thinking of getting the S and still am, I had an offer on my T and did sell it but not to anyone on here
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 06-13-2021, 06:15 AM
Lerrab
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

Join Date: 
Feb 2018
Posts: 
768
TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I think I am getting a clearer picture . I Just have one more thing that could use some clarification. You said you were going to get the S to go along with your T . Does this mean if you do actually buy the S you will have to sell it to the guy that got the T, so as it could go along with it?
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 06-13-2021, 07:11 AM
K22's Avatar
K22
US Navy Veteran

Join Date: 
Sep 2002
Location: 
North Carolina
Posts: 
2,475
TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lerrab View Post
I think I am getting a clearer picture . I Just have one more thing that could use some clarification. You said you were going to get the S to go along with your T . Does this mean if you do actually buy the S you will have to sell it to the guy that got the T, so as it could go along with it?

Are you going any where with this or just running laps?
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 06-13-2021, 07:48 AM
Lerrab
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

Join Date: 
Feb 2018
Posts: 
768
TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I already went somewhere with it, you just missed it! Sometimes I do just like to run laps though . Are you coming out against running laps?
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 06-13-2021, 01:49 PM
K22's Avatar
K22
US Navy Veteran

Join Date: 
Sep 2002
Location: 
North Carolina
Posts: 
2,475
TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
I don't think you went any where constructive with it. It must have been a boring day. I love running laps but you have to finish them.
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 06-13-2021, 03:46 PM
gunlover_06
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

Join Date: 
Jun 2006
Location: 
Southwest, Mo
Posts: 
1,218
TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
No I was going to get the S to go along with my T but decided I needed to sell my T as much as I like it but not able to afford the S out of pocket and I like the S better. And even if I were to have wanted to get the S to sell along with the T would that not be my business to do so even though that was never the plan.

And why I’m not able to afford the S is none of your business
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 06-13-2021, 05:15 PM
pump .22s's Avatar
pump .22s
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

Join Date: 
Dec 2010
Location: 
Deep East Texas
Posts: 
12,282
TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbr65 View Post
I had a 513-S for some time, but for whatever reason(s), I much prefer my 541s and even my 581s (all three of which have been customized with new barrels).

Doug
I tend to agree. Though I own a couple, I'm not a huge of the five teen rifles mainly due to the trigger and sear bolt stop setup. With mine if you yank the bolt back with much gusto, it comes right on out in your hand. That is a weakness with these guns.

I've owned several of the 541-S guns and they are neat little guns. All were quiet accurate....on par with my CZ 452 guns. But.....all eventually fell victim to my downsizing trend. Two things I didn't car for were the glossy "plastic" finish and the petite bolt handle. I still have a couple of the magazines, and if at some point I become certain I will no longer own one of these guns, I will pass them on.

James
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 06-13-2021, 05:43 PM
Lerrab
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

Join Date: 
Feb 2018
Posts: 
768
TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
K22, Contrary to what you seem to believe I do not have to go anywhere constructive, Nor do I have to finish anything, but I generally do!
Gunlover, I never got into any more of your business than what you put out there. And you are right, what you are or are not able to afford is none of my business but I didn't go there.
Just making conversation and I hope you boys don't gang up on me as I have to warn you my wife and her mother have made me start taking assertiveness classes and just yesterday after only nine sessions I told the dog to get out from in front of the door so that I could get in and he moved over some!

Last edited by Lerrab; 06-13-2021 at 06:12 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 06-13-2021, 06:15 PM
DGF

Join Date: 
Dec 2016
Location: 
Ontario Canada
Posts: 
1,070
TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lerrab View Post
K22, Contrary to what you seem to believe I do not have to go anywhere constructive, Nor do I have to finish anything, but I generally do!
Gunlover, I never got into any more of your business than what you put out there. And you are right, what you are or are not able to afford is none of my business but I didn't go there.
Just making conversation and I hope you boys don't gang up on me as I have to warn you my wife and her mother have made me start taking assertiveness classes and just yesterday after only nine sessions I told the dog to get out from in front of the door so that I could get in and he moved over some!
You must still be on the basic course, the advanced course has cats and nobody passes the mother in-law level
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 06-13-2021, 07:03 PM
Lerrab
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

Join Date: 
Feb 2018
Posts: 
768
TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
DGF, Thanks for the additional anxiety. I ain't ever going to get to a cat level, I just know it, I didn't even know it was in there, nobody ever having mentioned it . At this point I am just hoping to get to the level that I can tell my wife and her mother I ain't doing it, whatever it is! I think that would be ironic, them sending me to classes and me telling them where to get off! Everyone still tells me to leave them but I am afraid that those two big brutes would find me again and it would be worse than the last time. That may be coming to an end though as I have already seen some progress with the dog and all.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off




All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:16 PM.

Privacy Policy

DMCA Notice

Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimisation provided by DragonByte SEO (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2021 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2021 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2021 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright 2000-2018 RimfireCentral.com
x