1966 Golden 39A value - Page 3 - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 02-20-2021, 06:52 AM
azshot
US Navy NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)

Today is panic buying. But there is still a big difference between retail and wholesale, I don't understand people offering friends and family the former for a gun. They're not going to sell it to anyone for retail, so all the quoting of what Gunbroker is showing, or what you just paid for one in a panic doesn't convince me to panic with you. They made the 39 for what, 8-9 years? There should be a couple of them left if you look around for a while. But after the panic wears off and a few more hoarders die, there will be a few 100 thousand of them for sale. And the price will be back to $490.
Old 02-20-2021, 07:45 AM
M2HB
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (4)
Quote:
Originally Posted by azshot View Post
Today is panic buying. But there is still a big difference between retail and wholesale, I don't understand people offering friends and family the former for a gun. They're not going to sell it to anyone for retail, so all the quoting of what Gunbroker is showing, or what you just paid for one in a panic doesn't convince me to panic with you. They made the 39 for what, 8-9 years? There should be a couple of them left if you look around for a while. But after the panic wears off and a few more hoarders die, there will be a few 100 thousand of them for sale. And the price will be back to $490.
They may not be that low in the future, but your concept is correct. The future value will depend on what Ruger does. If Ruger never produces them again they may not go that low on a regular basis, but you will find deals if you are willing to wait. Deals rarely come by when you want them. Friends donít charge friends retail. A fair deal has to be ďfairĒ for both parties.
Old 02-20-2021, 08:38 AM
Toomany22s

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
My buddy is sitting on 10,000 rounds of 45 acp. I asked him to sell me some. He said how much ? I said How much? Neither of us answered. If friends dont sell at retail to friends, then usually friends dont sell to friends. Next time I see him Im just going to ask him for 200 rounds. No money. That , Iíll get.

As for 39 s, nows a pretty good time to sell. But I doubt if theyll ever go down to $500 again. The future is uncertain, but certainly changes are coming, and I dont think its foolish ot a panic response to buy something you want , even at at inflated price. Guns are a hot commodity now and will be again in the future.

Seriously thinking about putting mine on the classifieds, just to see how much my rfc friends are willing to pay.

First Imgonna clean m up,wax and polish, and take sexy photos of them
The fire is hot, time to toast some marshmallows
Old 02-20-2021, 09:11 AM
joe45c
US Air Force Veteran

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by azshot View Post
I think they started making the 39s in 1922 and they stopped making them around 1938 or so. So a few more years then 8 or 9. I doubt you will see the price of 39s fall to $450.00. Maybe the 39a's might but not the 39s unless they are trashed out.
Old 02-20-2021, 10:42 AM

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
There are many areas where individuals "collect", cars, coins, stamps for instance where times have changes and the younger generations interest have moved on resulting in a devaluation from the high times. The category of "guns" may remain high over time, individual models and pieces may not. I doubt the bottom will fall out given what ever politics prevail.
Old 02-21-2021, 01:22 PM
Empe

TPC Rating: 
100% (7)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbr65 View Post
Maybe I was/am crazy, but I recently paid $950 (including insured shipping) for a 1966-vintage 39A Mountie in excellent condition. It also included a Williams FP aperture sight. I expect there is a premium for a Mountie (at least there was for me). A 1965-vintage Mountie was my first new rifle purchase after graduating from college in 1965, so a definite nostalgia factor.

Doug
Maybe not so crazy...I just watched a 1957 Mountie sell on Gunbroker for $1525 ! And with several boogered up and missing screws ,freckling on the receiver ,a little rust here & there on the barrel , several scratches on the stock as well as a missing front sight hood it was in anything but excellent condition for the price paid.
Old 02-23-2021, 05:26 AM
stubbfarmer
NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
You have to remember that there will never be another MARLIN 39A made. There maybe Ruger 39A's but not Marlins. We hear now people saying they own a Marlin not a Remington even though in my opinion the Remington's were the same quality as the last of the Marlins. We will see what Ruger does.
Old 02-23-2021, 06:17 PM

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
stubbfarmer,
that Remlin vs Marlin thing is pretty well a dead issue. It takes all kind to make the world go around and really that is what makes life so interesting is the way everyone looks at things different. In my mind they are the same with just different management just like the original Marlin had different management over the years. Just took Remington a while to get things together on them. I hope Ruger does a lot of studding and comes out strong with them.

To me they are all Marlins and I love them all.
Old 02-23-2021, 06:32 PM
Toomany22s

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
[QUOTE=jstanfield103;12227039
To me they are all Marlins and I love them all.[/QUOTE]

And that J , is why everyone Loves you
Old 03-17-2021, 09:23 AM
307rifle

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
In the future those Remlin 39a rifles might be very colectable because they made them for such a short time.
Old 03-17-2021, 08:37 PM
Toomany22s

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 307rifle View Post
In the future those Remlin 39a rifles might be very colectable because they made them for such a short time.
Right up there with Sterlings, and Deloreans, and other massive failures.

I even hear theres a Hindenberg Zepplin fir sale
Old 03-18-2021, 08:12 AM
vepr762

TPC Rating: 
91% (10)
I think some of you forget when when Winchester said they were stopping production of the Model 1894. Prices shot up and the store racks were empty overnight....total panic hysteria. A year later the racks were full again......at normal prices.

I have a first year Golden (1957) that I may just throw on GB and see what it will bring. The only other 39A I have is a 1947 that is/was my Cowboy class silhouette rifle. I shot to Master class with it, so I keep it just in case I ever want to compete again. At one time I had a 39A from 1939-1957 as well as bunch of special order 1891's, 1892's, and 1897's. Just a bunch of "things" I enjoyed for a while.