100% (51)

iMac 21.5". Piece of cake.
Old 10-30-2019, 01:20 PM
*Rim-Star*

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6PtStar View Post
What are you guys running it on. Says it wonít work on the iPad or iPhone nor my old Windows XP computer. Anyone know if it will run on a Kindle Fire which is sort of Amazonís version of Android.
I have one of these....run it on Windows 10
Old 11-02-2019, 04:17 PM
copterdrvr
US Army Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by alum572 View Post
Here you are. Remington 514 I bought from my BIL. Some rust in end of bore about 1/2" and this carbon at leade which resists scrubbing.
Try some JB Bore Brite-it took the carbon ring out in no time and I bet it will do a good job on the rust as well....
Old 11-03-2019, 10:50 AM
Quick1
US Air Force Law Enforcement Officer NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (4)
Teslong Bore Scope: The Good and The Bad:

The Good: Got mine in and set it up...got it working on both Windows 10 laptop and Samsung Galaxy S10e with no problems. Packaging was great, camera and light work perfectly, and the image is excellent!

The Bad: I got more cleaning to do!!! I recently completed a thorough cleaning of all my guns, at least I thought. I had to play with this thing so I pulled four rimfire pistols and started scoping from the muzzle (yes, I know, not supposed to put anything in the muzzle, but did not feel like disassembling). In all four guns, things looked pretty good until, you guessed it, I hit the dreaded black ring! Everyone one of them has the carbon ring, some worse than others.

Oh well, at least I know now and knowing is half the battle. Time to break out the J-B Bore Compound, Kroil, and VFG pellets.

Final word, get one, you will not regret it!
Old 11-05-2019, 06:11 AM
jpx2rk

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrGunner View Post
Care to elaborate?

The quality of the pictures you see posted here on RFC appear to be the comparable based on what I've seen posted on several different forums as compared to the Lyman. Is part of it the quality/resolution of the small monitor that comes with the Lyman, IMO yes, but how much I can't say. Compare the resolution specs on the Lyman model and the tablet you use. I use a Lenovo 8" tablet IIRC. The quality of the camera/lens may be better too, but I sold/traded the Lyman scope off a week ago or so. An old smart phone has better resolution than the Lyman monitor IMO, but I'm not a tech geek, just MO from first hand experience with the Lyman monitor and an old iphone model 5 or so. They Lyman monitor is very grainy, it does clear up a bit when you take/save a picture when using the SD card and then plug the SD card into a laptop, etc., and view the saved pic. For the price difference of $50 vs $200 for the Lyman, I would go with the Teslong as you don't have to swap the SD card around for a better picture. I do think I like the metal wand on the Lyman over the non-metal Teslong shaft which is flexible but stiff enough to move inside the barrel.

I have issues with the Teslong staying in focus when sliding into the bore, so have to figure out that, the locknut/jamnut doesn't stay snug.

The bore on my 204R looks like it would never shoot good but its a Savage FV12, and I used a different borescope owned by a range buddy. It compares to the FV12 223 and 22/250's (tool marks, etc.) I have all with factory barrels. The Teslong borescope won't fit in a 20 cal bore. It does fit (up to a point) in the chamber tho.

Hope I answered some ?'s for you.

Last edited by jpx2rk; 11-05-2019 at 06:34 AM.
Old 11-05-2019, 01:31 PM
alum572

TPC Rating: 
100% (51)
Quote:
Originally Posted by copterdrvr View Post
Try some JB Bore Brite-it took the carbon ring out in no time and I bet it will do a good job on the rust as well....
Thanks. I will try that.
Old 11-05-2019, 05:39 PM
Bigbore
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nolan View Post

The Teslong is 5mm in diameter and I haven't been able to find the resolution listed, but it appears to be at least 1280 x 720 or better.

The issue with the Lyman is the monitor unit frequently quits and that is the only method for viewing or storing images. The buttons on my first unit stopped working and the replacement wouldn't record images to the memory card, the monitor was also so badly distorted it was useless. I gave up and returned it. I was eventually refunded my purchase price but it took a long time.

Nolan
I bought the Teslong based on the forum reviews too.

I was going to pull the trigger on the Lyman as it looked like the best value in bore scopes until these were brought to my attention. I had John on the YouTube channel 8541 Tactical plug his into a PC to see if it would recognize it as a camera and he said it didn't so I felt the proprietary viewer was a weakness and I held off. Great call.

These look like one of those sleeper deals that go viral leaving Amazon wondering why the warehouse got emptied out all of the sudden. Now, if we could just get a decent $50 chronograph we could get rid of the "it used to be good and now its really good" measuring system.

Last edited by Bigbore; 11-05-2019 at 05:43 PM.
Old 11-06-2019, 08:39 PM
6PtStar

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Mine came in today. It would not work on either one of my Android devices. My tablet and my galaxy S7 apparently are not capable of OTG operation but I was surprised it did run fine on my old XP laptop. Amazon did not list it as XP compatible. Really amazing how bad the tool marks are in most barrels. My cleaning was better than I expected from a lot of the comments here.
Old 11-07-2019, 02:14 PM
Triggershoe
NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
100% (10)
Quote:
Originally Posted by alum572 View Post
Here you are. Remington 514 I bought from my BIL. Some rust in end of bore about 1/2" and this carbon at leade which resists scrubbing.

Leade?? What leade? Seriously, it looks like there is NO leade at all visible, just the chamber end and BAM right into the rifling.
Old 11-07-2019, 10:42 PM
alum572

TPC Rating: 
100% (51)
Slowly looking better. Tough to remove the fouling. I'm surprised it shoots about an 1"+ at 50 yards off a rest with a 4x scope.
Old 11-09-2019, 09:10 PM
billysue

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Thanks Copter for this post. I have wanted a scope for a while and can't see paying the money for a Hawkeye. Viewed a friends Lyman and it didn't satisfy my wants. Based on what you guys said about the Teslong I ordered one. Man! For fifty bucks this thing shines.

I would like to see more before and after pictures from you guys. I would like to be able to compare what you wind up with versus how my bores turn out.
Thanks again for all the reviews.
Old 11-10-2019, 08:20 AM
Bigbore

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I bore scoped a Ruger OEM tapered barrel on video. The barrel is dirty and it is used for experimentation and practicing technique e.g., lapping.

One thing that I think keeps this bore scope from being a "10" is the light. I adjusted the light as low as it will go and it still casts a hot spot of light in the center of the frame. I will try to experiment with some schemes to diffuse the light e.g., micro diffuser ring of white plastic or coating the LED ring with something. For the time being I've altered the video with an Adobe video editor.

For your entertainment. The carbon ring(17 seconds) as well as normal deposits are visible. There is a significant lead deposit ~"1" from the muzzle which would be something I would red flag if I cared about this barrel. There are readily visible machining marks along the bore but macro photography tends to make machining marks look worse than they are in my experience. Notice the machining marks are not collecting lead like the anomaly near the muzzle.

https://youtu.be/RTa7sayDfhQ
Old 11-10-2019, 09:29 AM
billysue

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Big bore,
I read someplace that you need to turn the light up to max and it should adjust somehow within the program. But I have the same problem with the hot spot. Turning the light up and adjusting the mirror forward helped. I have mine way forward with just enough thread left to hold it on.
Old 11-10-2019, 01:22 PM
Bigbore

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by billysue View Post
Big bore,
I read someplace that you need to turn the light up to max and it should adjust somehow within the program. But I have the same problem with the hot spot. Turning the light up and adjusting the mirror forward helped. I have mine way forward with just enough thread left to hold it on.
Interesting, I'll try it.

I am paying attention to how many turns I use to tune the mirror, I'm using 6 turns out after fully threading it on as a starting point. I was going to ask everybody if there results are similar. I'm not having a problem with the jam nut coming loose yet, I use the mirror only to turn onto the nut the last quarter turn or so to lock the position.

Even if I can't get the light tuned to my satisfaction, it is a bargain!
Old 11-10-2019, 02:57 PM
Bigbore

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Homemade diffuser try #1. Found a tube with the approximate required dimensions:

carelessly snipped off 1/8th" and just laid it in the mirror tube which is why you will see it flop around as I rotate the endoscope:

1 minute video. The PC software adjusts the lighting because it did not seem to make a difference which brightness level I adjusted the scope to. I think with some care, tweaking(tube width & opacity) and tiny piece of double sided tape or a drop of glue this will work. It is not really permanent either, no hackin'. I suspect using different recording software with adequate features to manually control exposure will give more control over lighting, this is the Windows "Camera" for quick-n-dirty:

https://youtu.be/Ir48c2LYJ8c

Last edited by Bigbore; 11-10-2019 at 05:51 PM.