Variance in BX trigger groups? - Page 4 - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 09-06-2018, 11:35 PM
Flash_80

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)

Where the lowest Tier 3 Brimstone job outdoes the BX is creep, grit, and break. The BX is basically a factory trigger with a lesser pull weight. Brimstone is a trigger job on whatever you send them. They improve on the factory trigger greatly. They improve on the BX trigger even more so. Best buy if you have a factory trigger to me is a Tier 3. Best buy if you don't have a trigger group in hand already is a BX. Like $49 on Grab a Gun right now, though their shipping is stupid unless you're buying a gun. Seemed like it was $14 or so last time I looked. But someplace almost always has one in the $50-$60 shipped range.
Old 09-09-2018, 11:37 PM
Toomany22s
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
Some more comments

Grab a gun didnít charge me shipping on my last bx , a month ago. The bx is a different trigger than the stock trigger , the parts are not all the same or interchangeable. Watch the brimstone YouTube videos! Apparently there are variations in the bx triggers. A concept I previously dismissed ,because I have 3 bought at different times and they were are the same.and unless you are measuring trigger pul with the trigger group hanging with a cord and weights you arenít getting a true repeatable measur. The hand trigger pull gages have a human on one end and so they just imo are not accurate. However I just just got a Target
Lite , the new Ruger Target 1022 That comes with a Bx Trigger,, And this one is way smoother and lighter and crisper than the others. So it looks like they are cherry picking the bx s for there own guns.

Brimstone offers 3 levels tiers 3, 2, 1 1 being best , 2 , including the metal trigger and new return spring set up and turns the old one onto an overtravel stop, and 3 being basic trigger job, and they offer a different trigger job for the Bx Trigger,.which includes the tier 2 stuff..

Any of these are great options, some pricier than others.

I have a black max from hornet triggers. It is excellent. If 3 bx triggers, they are really god. I have a cherry picked bx ,it is excellent and I have a 1990s Metal Trigger group with a custom trigger job that is excellent.

The idea is just improve your stock Ruger trigger, it completely changes the gun from a fun plinker, to a shooter that you can rely on to hit your target.
Old 09-10-2018, 12:58 PM
rawhp
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toomany22s View Post
The bx is a different trigger than the stock trigger , the parts are not all the same or interchangeable.
I posted pics of the differences between the sear, hammer, and trigger of the BX on this thread:

https://www.rimfirecentral.com/forum....php?t=1073801

Unfortunately, the pics only show up when using Internet Explorer, due to my image hosting site. No pics using the Chrome browser.