A Hipshot BR-50 Style Stock - Page 5 - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 09-28-2014, 07:57 PM
Blacknboostn

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)

This project is very very nearly complete, a few minor touch ups I discovered during assembly.

The color is Candy Apple Red, which is a translucent top coat and a gloss, over a silver metallic basecoat called Nevada Silver. It has real metallic dust / flaking in it, it gives a brilliant sparkle and actually makes the stock quite difficult to photograph. The pictures do it no justice!

Back to my paint booth...

This first set is during stages of painting. Per instructions it was one coat every few minutes, as the coats thickened so did the color and the gloss.

Please pardon some of these pictures, as mentioned this was extremely difficult to capture the color as it truly looks, most pictures came out pinkish and required editing to better match what the naked eye sees.

Here we go to the first pictures of the finished paint:

This picture was taken in the sunlight and may give you an idea of how reflective this paint combination is:

Finished and assembled!!!

Example of how the pictures looked before editing the lighting:

It really looks nothing like that, instead had a very clear cherry red with an amazing sparkle.

Enjoy guys! I know I will!!!

Many many thanks go to Dave for his incredible work on this stock and for all of you that helped me through this process!!!

-Tyler

Sub MOA or bust!!!
Old 09-28-2014, 08:07 PM
NRA Member - Click Here To Join! UotM

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
Tyler-

I have ALWAYS loved candy apple red!!! Unfortunately, it is a very difficult finish to photograph. Each pic has an area- the wrist, thumb groove, top of the butt- where you can get an idea of how well you pulled it off but I'm sure it's nothing like seeing it in person. You're probably going to need natural sunlight and a high res digital camera to really capture it.

Very nice work, Sir. You've done Larry proud!!!

Can't wait to see a range report!

Sincerely,

DrGunner
Old 09-28-2014, 08:49 PM
Blacknboostn

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrGunner View Post
Tyler-

I have ALWAYS loved candy apple red!!! Unfortunately, it is a very difficult finish to photograph. Each pic has an area- the wrist, thumb groove, top of the butt- where you can get an idea of how well you pulled it off but I'm sure it's nothing like seeing it in person. You're probably going to need natural sunlight and a high res digital camera to really capture it.

Very nice work, Sir. You've done Larry proud!!!

Can't wait to see a range report!

Sincerely,

DrGunner

That means a lot coming from you DrG!!!

I LOVE the result, I can't wait to see it in the sun... Might be difficult, it seems all these California people are terrified of guns...

I'll try to get some direct sunlight pictures asap.

-Tyler

Sub MOA or bust!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-28-2014, 08:52 PM
kirby999

TPC Rating: 
100% (11)
Awesome looking build . Thanks for sharing . I'd love to own one that looks like that . Kirby
Old 09-28-2014, 08:55 PM
Blacknboostn

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kirby999 View Post
Awesome looking build . Thanks for sharing . I'd love to own one that looks like that . Kirby

Thanks Kirby, the whole build still has work to do, I hope one day she shoots as good as she looks!!!

Gunner, this is where I will need to lean on your knowledge and expertise... Gotta start tuning this build!

-Tyler

Sub MOA or bust!!!
Old 09-28-2014, 09:09 PM
Markbo
NRA Member - Click Here To Join! UotM

TPC Rating: 
100% (9)
Tyler that looks great! Did you happen to take pics during the build or have you posted a thread on it? Great shape... love it.
Old 09-28-2014, 10:31 PM
Blacknboostn

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
A Hipshot BR-50 Style Stock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markbo View Post
Tyler that looks great! Did you happen to take pics during the build or have you posted a thread on it? Great shape... love it.

Thanks Markbo!

Credit for the shape goes to HIPSHOT for the design and nosnil22 (the OP) for the creation.

The build itself is part of a separate thread in the Ultimates forum that I have linked to you here:

https://www.rimfirecentral.com/forums...d.php?t=523821

I will copy the reveal into this thread soon...

Ultimate goal here is a WELL under MOA shooting benchrest competition rifle. It needs to be competitive for a SEMI auto. I've seen incredible things come from this nifty and addicting little rifles and I will have solid consistency under .250 before I am satisfied.

Thanks for the kind words Markbo! Gonna hit up the games again soon... Need some center-x, the rifle dug it last time I shot.

-Tyler

Sub MOA or bust!!!