Did Eley sale out?? - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 03-18-2006, 05:06 PM
22_plinker
Law Enforcement Officer NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (8)
Question Did Eley sale out??

I was at the local gun shop today and noticed a box of Remington 22 lr ammo which also had Eley on it. The guy behind the counter said that Remington bought out Eley, is that true or is he just full of misinformation?

22_plinker
Old 03-18-2006, 05:31 PM
US Coast Guard Veteran Law Enforcement Officer NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
100% (5)
From what I understand, Eley makes the .22 ammo for Remington, as well as the Remington .17HM2 ammo.

Joe
Old 03-18-2006, 07:26 PM
22_plinker

TPC Rating: 
100% (8)
Do they shoot as good as Eley?

22_plinker
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-18-2006, 07:34 PM
randymac

TPC Rating: 
100% (21)
when eley is packaged they just slap the remington label on it. yes the guy at the gun shop is full of it.

Randy
Old 03-19-2006, 08:08 AM
22_plinker

TPC Rating: 
100% (8)
I gotta admit that I will not buy Remington again, well at least the bulk pack. I had a case rupture in my Mark II last summer so I am going to stick with the tried and true and stay away from Remington.

22_plinker
Old 03-19-2006, 02:34 PM
MarlinBullseye
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
20 years ago remington used to make good rimfire, ah the old rem golden pack 100, they buy the match quality ammo from eley and market it under their name. Made by eley, packaging is eley, accuracy is eley. Same stuff different label.
Old 03-19-2006, 08:56 PM
eljay

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by phil in alabama
Remington BUYS their good target ammo from Eley and has a Remington label put on it. Remington/Eley Club Extra, Rifle Target, and Match EPS. There was also a Match Extra Plus, just like it's Eley counterpart, but it's been replaced by the Match EPS load. It's Eley ammo, pure and simple, bought under contract and sold by Remington. IF you don't know how to make anything but garbage ammo, and want to sell some that is good, why NOT just go straight to the source????? Remington ought to buy ALL of their rimfire ammo from Eley, at least that way they'd have SOMETHING good to sell in rimfire ammo with their name thrown on it. Oh man, I can see it now, Remingtons defender will come running to slap me down! I don't care, all the Remington made .22 ammo I've ever shot has been horrificlly bad! Too bad we don't have misfireing smilie face..................
I agree completely. And furthermore, if I want Eley ammo, I want to buy it from them, not routed through Remington.

However, I recently got a little Remington pump gun, built in 1984, which I love!
Old 03-19-2006, 09:22 PM
Vincent

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
And it DOESN'T WORK

I bought one 50 round box of the Eley/Reminton 17 M2 and it was $10.99 a box!!! Hornady,CCI and Federal was ABOUT $5.99. About 1/3 of the box were duds Even when I turned them to anothe position and tried again To top it off it was least accurate 17M2 I tested. Remington ought to take a look and see it they are getting their moneys worth!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SzOn6GqNFdk
Old 03-19-2006, 10:25 PM
brad541thb

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Easy Phil.

I have shot some pretty good Rem centerfire factory loads.

I agree with you that when it comes to ammo including shotgun shells that Federal and Winchester have Remington beat to hell for the most part.

But Remington is making some very good centerfire loads right now that I believe is pretty dang good.

They have the new Swift Scirroco bullet that is supposedly very good shooting loads.

Brad
Old 03-19-2006, 11:09 PM
Vincent

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
Phil I also got mine at an Academy store. The one behind Rivergate Mall on Gallatin Rd. I never asked what the price was till I got to the check out. Nearly choked when the lady told me how much it was. At the time Skeeter was having good luck with Eley so I thought I'd give it a try.

Now I have sold my only 17M2 I guess it does not matter much any more. I would not mind having another though. I like the cartidge alot. A 453 American would be nice, Or maybe even a Ruger 77/17M2

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SzOn6GqNFdk

Last edited by Vincent; 03-20-2006 at 07:58 AM.
Old 03-19-2006, 11:50 PM
TOMCAT

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
i love Remington ammo.....thats all i shoot in my 10/22 and i shoot the Remington .17HMR in my sav 93