Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 01-19-2020, 08:32 AM
FALPhil
US Navy Veteran

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Cowboy Boots

I am going to have to buy a new pair of boots. My old Frye boots have been rebuilt 3 times, and the cobbler says he won't do it again.

What is a good brand to look at? My feet tend to be on the wide side.
Old 01-19-2020, 09:59 AM
JMKnowles
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I like either Tony Lama, or Justin.

I bought a pair of these Tony Lama a few weeks ago. I really like them, they fit great !

https://www.countryoutfitter.com/ton...+Lama&start=21
Old 01-19-2020, 10:05 AM
rjinaz86323
US Air Force Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (9)
don't know if you are looking for a traditional pair of cowboy boots, but I have found that the Ariat work boot works great for me.

https://www.ariat.com/P14162_M_FOO.h...STRESSED_BROWN
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-19-2020, 10:30 AM
Tex45LC

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I have a pair of Ariat cowboy boots as well as work boots. Very comfortable to wear and the fit is great.
Old 01-19-2020, 10:34 AM
Hovannes
US Army Law Enforcement Officer NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by FALPhil View Post
I am going to have to buy a new pair of boots. My old Frye boots have been rebuilt 3 times, and the cobbler says he won't do it again.

What is a good brand to look at? My feet tend to be on the wide side.
What's a good brand to look for?
The brand using a last that is comfortable for your feet, of course!
Old 01-19-2020, 10:46 AM
62Ranger13
US Air Force Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Another vote for Ariat cowboy boot as a work boot.
Old 01-19-2020, 12:11 PM
Arrowhead

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
No recommendations from me and I wear cowboy boots frequently and have worn them for most of my life. I've worn mostly Cowtown, Tony Lama, and Nocona because they fit comfortably and wore well. I could never wear Justin's as they had too high an arch. Three years ago I tied on a pair to see if anything had changed and to my surprise they felt very good and I wore them out of the store.

Find a pair you like from a well known maker, try them on, and walk around the store in them. That will tell you more than we can.
Old 01-19-2020, 12:39 PM
Fredvon4
US Army Disabled American Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I so hate my opinion....I have paid dearly for T Lamma, Justin, Durango, some others I can't remember....and WAY too much($800+) with custom boots by Pablo Jass in Lampasas.....I am not dinging my friend Pablo....his boots are top line stuff ....seriously...I do not regret the expense......except....local western outfitter had a sale of a boot in my size and very beautiful design...$89.99...

fit perfectly, good looking, well made, first time ever with chineses boots on my feet....I am hard to please foot wise..China made low cost Ariats are a good fitting bargain for me
Old 01-19-2020, 01:26 PM
ChefDuane
US Coast Guard Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I wear Justins. The comment about the high arches is spot on. I have bad arches and the Justins help. Had for 20 years and they've been re-soled and heeled a number of times.
Old 01-19-2020, 01:43 PM
FALPhil
US Navy Veteran

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjinaz86323 View Post
don't know if you are looking for a traditional pair of cowboy boots, but I have found that the Ariat work boot works great for me.
I'm looking more for a dress boot. I have to have lace up boots to work in for the support due to ankle injuries over the years.
Old 01-19-2020, 01:44 PM
rjferber
US Army Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
I have worn dress cowboy boots for over 60 years and for the last 40 years have worn nothing but Lucchese 1883's which, apparently are no longer made. I currently have three pairs that I rotate, the oldest pair has been re-soled (5) times and they look like a new pair each time they come back from the shoemaker, and now I wear them for every day use as needed, the second pair has been repaired only twice, and the third (newest pair) I got about three years ago and they are still not in need of new leather soles or heels. The 2nd & 3rd pair are only worn for dress occasions at this point since I am retired.

My shoemaker charges about $70 to complete resole & reheal a pair of boots and that comes with stain of the new soles & heels along with a polish job my boot camp Sargent would have been proud of. Yes, they get leather conditioner & polished about once a month, I always use shoe trees & boot jacks.

The biggest problem is the cost of all the Lucchese boots has gotten outrageous. My next pair of boots is going to be from Tecovas - probably the Cartwright model in black. They seem to have a good reputation, quality workmanship, and stand behind their products with good customer service.
Old 01-19-2020, 01:48 PM
endangeredoutlaw

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
western boots most comfortable. tacova.
Old 01-19-2020, 02:49 PM
1917-1911M
US Army Veteran

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Well don't order em off of e-bay...especially if Chaser points you toward em! 1917
Old 01-19-2020, 03:37 PM
Magnum357

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Justinís for me. I just retired a pair that were 11 years old. They are still comfortable, just looking rough. I bought another pair just like them.
Old 01-19-2020, 04:12 PM
kanoradodave

TPC Rating: 
100% (11)
If you have never tried Anderson Beans you should. Little harder to find but pretty high quality and can be redone when you need too. I prefer the square toes much more stable than a roper or pointy toe. Made in America also. Donít settle for the Horse Power line. Not true ABís seem cheaper and made in Mexico but some stores when you ask for Anderson Bean say they have them but they only have the Horse Powers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk