Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 01-24-2020, 09:48 PM
Happy Kaboomer

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by M2HB View Post
In my opinion, they are the best 22 semi auto field rifle ever made.

I have several and they all shoot better than I do.
Best semi auto .22 ever made. And completely disassemble with no tools. John Browning was a genius!!!!!!!!
Old 02-27-2020, 11:18 AM
torqueguy
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Browning SA 22 Accuracy

After 40 years of collecting .22’s, I love my SA’s and my Marlin 39a’s the best.

In my 20’s, after college I started on Anschutz’s, then came the kids and went down to Rugers cause diapers... then came promotions and with them Anschutz’s and Coopers but the stress that accompanied the promotions caused me to almost forget about shooting...The juice ain’t worth the squeeze

Now, the heck with anything that ain’t an SA or a 39a. No more smallbore targets and precision this or that...

I have a Miroku in .22 short fitted with a cut coil return spring (3 coils) which has a Leupold 3x7 and is sighted in strictly for CCI Minicaps. That’s a high grade that never leaves the back yard and that regularly hits suspended whiffle balls at 50-60 yards.

I also have a 1965 Belgian, bought in parts from Bubba, which was lovingly put back together over a year‘s time period and it also has cut coils and which is strictly sighted in for CCI Quiets, my other dedicated backyard gun. The reduced power springs help the weaker loads cycle better
This thing howitzers those 40 grainers into suspended Folgers cans at 75 yards. I feel like a kid again except I can now buy my own booze...

Old John Moses was a Brilliant man and I hope to meet him someday

Last edited by torqueguy; 02-27-2020 at 11:25 AM.
Old 02-27-2020, 01:15 PM
roddy

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
That sounds like a hoot!

I have a Short as well, built from a Belgian donor, and Miroku parts. It loves the HV stuff, but isn't 100% on the CB shorts, yet. My Miroku LR is about 80-90% on the CCI Quiets. Both may improve a bit as they are 'broken in'.

I have a 10/22 'back yard' gun specifically set up (with a Firefly bolt) for CCI Quiets... Howitzer is a good way to put it, lol.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-04-2020, 11:02 PM
65BR

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Good info folks. Thanks!
Old 03-07-2020, 07:02 AM
HawkEyeEarl
NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
browning 22 lr automatic

I also agree the Browning handles good, looks good and shoots good. Maybe better than good.

I was a happy as some of yall when I first shot the Belgium one that I just happened up on and traded for. I was pleasantly surprised at its quality.

I had noticed them over the years but had not given them much thought.

Now I cannot imagine not having one to shoot.

Mine shoots most any ammo I have tried. It shoots the CCI quiets pretty well.

The iron sights on it suit me better than most I have used on 22 rifles. It shoots well for me.

Last edited by HawkEyeEarl; 03-07-2020 at 07:04 AM.
Old 03-07-2020, 07:47 AM
torqueguy

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Dedicated SA for CCI Quiets

If you want to shoot Quiets perfectly in that SA, buy a spare recoil spring and clip 3-5 coils off of it. Makes the Quiets run flawlessly. You shouldnt shoot normal ammo though because the shorter spring will have less resistance and the bolt will smack the receiver a little harder than it should. Thats why I have a dedicated backyard SA and I only run Quiets through it.
My 65 Belgian is fitted with a 3x7 Leupold and is sighted in specifically for Quiets at 25 yards. I hit suspended Nerf Golfballs that hang from trees all around my property. Wife not happy...
Old 03-07-2020, 07:50 AM
torqueguy

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Love that octagonal by the way

After seeing that gorgeous piece I started a secret slush fund for one. 38 years of married bliss but I still have to embezzle the wife when it comes to guns and superchargers...
Old 03-07-2020, 08:10 AM
roddy

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by torqueguy View Post
... 38 years of married bliss but I still have to embezzle the wife when it comes to guns and superchargers...
lol, same here...took a while to squirrel away enough for the blower...