Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 12-11-2019, 06:01 PM
HawkEyeEarl
NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Beretta 950BS 22 short report

Beretta 950BS 22 short is made for high velocity ammunition by experience. This one was made in 1987 I believe.

I tried Remington Golden Bullet Shorts High Velocity - 1,095 fps rated. They function well in a clean pistol. I ran about 75 through before I had a failure of any kind. I am not sure how clean the chamber was when I started.

I tried CCI CB Shorts - 710 fps rated. They will not cycle. But for single shot they are fine and the Beretta is as ideal for single shot as any semi auto I have seen.

I will try other brands when I can find some and see how many fire cleanly before a failure.

It shoots surprisingly well for a pocket pistol out to the 20 feet or so that I shot it. It must be those target sights. It never really bit me though I felt the slide a few times just enough to remind me to keep my hand a little low.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg beretta-950BS-22-short_0974.JPG (103.0 KB, 13 views)
Old 12-11-2019, 06:34 PM
SOUTHERN S/PAW
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Lover of mouse guns.

Another lover of mouse guns.
The Beretta 950 series have no equal,

I have modified mine by installing a .22 LR barrel taken from a model 21
Thus I can shoot a myriad of .22LR as well as shot shells in it single shot
with the tip up barrel
and still have a loaded Magazine with .22 shorts that feed fine after the .22 LR
is ejected. My only sorrow is that they have discontinued the 3 inch barrel for it,
That little short ( no pun intended) pistol is the first one that goes into my pocket
when I go for a leisure walk.
Old 12-11-2019, 06:43 PM
HawkEyeEarl

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
an ideal pocket pistol

I am a fan of this mouse gun.

It is easy to carry and is big enough to shoot well.

Is the 22 lr barrel a simple drop in replacement ? I see them on ebay.

I like the idea of the first shot being a single shot for 22 lr or rat shot.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-15-2019, 09:35 PM
SOUTHERN S/PAW

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Lover of mouse guns.

I got a stainless one from Brownell's a few years ago it was .22 LR designed for the Beretta 21A It needs some fitting at the latch, I used a Dremel and a few round files
going slow and fitting several times until it clicked into the frame and the opening latch functions and pops the barrel up, the front was a drop in. if you get one make sure it's a .22 LR I have seen a few on Ebay be careful that you don't get a .22 short or an Argentine (Taurus) one most are not real accurate. Gotta be Beretta.
Of course you could have a gunsmith use a .22 lr chamber reamer and extend your short chamber real simple if you got the reamer and a bit of patience.
I'm still trying to figure out a better sighting system for them it's the front sight that needs to be thicker. it was never designed to be sighted, more like a point and shoot.

Try the .25 it's also a real hoot and it holds 8 in the magazine one in the chamber 9 rounds. same size as the .22.

SS
Old 12-15-2019, 10:03 PM
ayetee

TPC Rating: 
100% (31)
I love these Beretta "mouse guns". From the top: 22short with suppressor, 950 in 25acp, and Model 20. That suppressed 22 short is all my visiting friends' favorite.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCN3227a.jpg (140.2 KB, 8 views)
Old 12-17-2019, 02:17 AM
SOUTHERN S/PAW

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
suppressed.

Interesting option, kinda defeats the mouse gun function, sure is big,
what these little beasts need are better sights, I'm working on that little problem.
they are surprisingly accurate if you can sight them in.
I suspect that Beretta made them as a point and shoot. they did make experimental ones with better sights I don't think they were in production or ever imported in The States. I can't show you a picture.
try this. hope this helps.

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/bc/8f...0b995ec5cd.jpg

SS
Old 12-19-2019, 06:38 PM
HawkEyeEarl

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
22 short report

I aim a little to start then point and shoot responding to what feed back I can see at 20 feet or a little less. This I do generally 1 handed.

I shot CCI 27 grain varmint ammo rated at 1105 fps a few more than 50 rounds before having a failure to eject. I wiped chamber with a q-tip then shot about 25 more trouble free rounds before I quit.
Old 12-19-2019, 09:50 PM
Jbfuller
Fire FighterEmergency Medical Technician NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Send a message via AIM to Jbfuller
I shoot the Aquila high velocity shorts through mine it likes them. Only problem is I have to check availability sometimes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 01-11-2020, 08:04 PM
HawkEyeEarl

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Aquila Super Extra Short 29 grain copper plated 1095 fps

I got 500 hundred of these to shoot in my Beretta 950 BS.

there was a failure to eject or failure feed during the firing of many magazines that I loaded. I shot 2 of the 50 round boxes out the 500 round pack. I stopped and cleaned the gun 2 times during this session to try to improve the feeding.

I was surprised. I still enjoyed the practice.

So far in my 950 BS, Remington gold bullets has been the best, with cci short being a very close 2nd.
Old 01-31-2020, 04:33 AM
HawkEyeEarl

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)

I shot another 100 rounds of this

I shot 50 then cleaned barrel then shot 50 more.
Since the first magazine after clean barrel has 1 or 2 fte or ftf then it probably a diameter tolerance issue. I have not compared the Aquia to Remington golden bullet with a caliper yet but I will.

Some times a full magazine will fire flawlessly but several magazines had 1 or 2 failures.

I will probably get some other brands, but right now Remington Golden Bullet 29 grain high velocity is what I keep in it.